Request for recommendations for eReader device

firsttimebuyer

Reaction score
I recently set up a Rakuten Kobo account and bought a number of ebooks but my eyes strain from reading on my smartphone.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a ereader device? i am looking to buy one.

RocketBunny

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
since you bought from kobo, so... buy kobo's ereader?

Teamonster

Reaction score
I did not know this......but the price....heartache :(
Yeah price is pretty steep. Similar to kindle. But NLB has so many ebooks that I don't think I'll pay for another book. Also it really helps the eyes. Anyway I had 2 kindles previously and their lifespan was about 5 years? So hopefully the kobo clara will last that long or longer.

firsttimebuyer

Reaction score
Yeah price is pretty steep. Similar to kindle. But NLB has so many ebooks that I don't think I'll pay for another book. Also it really helps the eyes. Anyway I had 2 kindles previously and their lifespan was about 5 years? So hopefully the kobo clara will last that long or longer.
Did you order your kindles online? I am looking to get the Clara but also on the lookout for cheaper options, if available, so far, I identified Kobo Forma, but its like USD$400..,.:(

Teamonster

Reaction score
Did you order your kindles online? I am looking to get the Clara but also on the lookout for cheaper options, if available, so far, I identified Kobo Forma, but its like USD$400..,.:(
I bought my kindles second hand actually. I now have a kobo clara and it is about SGD$200.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.