[Review] Dlink DCS-5222L (HD Cloud Camera)

Mecisteus

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2002
Messages
55,810
Reaction score
12,250
I didnt connect another external device to my 5222L. What I meant when I said at a distance, means while holding my phone at a distance from my 5222L, my phone speaker do not have any screeching sound.

Yes, u might be right that the 5222L may not be able to input & output the sounds at the same time, if not, it may cause screeching.

if the specs say can do full duplex communication, then can talk and hear at the same time.
 

Dr_ARCHer

Master Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2001
Messages
4,468
Reaction score
0
What's the diff between this & DCS-5222L (H/W Ver: A1)?
Cos I got it few years ago at $99 pre-order during show

I may be wrong, but I think there are 3 different hardware versions, namely A1 (the original), A2 and B1. I think the difference (if I recall) is that the newest model has a wider lens and a built in speaker. I too have the old A1 version.
 

AshSim

Master Member
Joined
May 11, 2015
Messages
4,228
Reaction score
0
Thanks for sharing the price. Maybe for those interested, shld wait for shows.

Wah, just saw at Challenger Funan... for some reason this model price drop to $169 leh!!! Usual is $200++. Even through still $10 more ex than show price...

@evq - u think worth the purchase?
 

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2001
Messages
15,333
Reaction score
212
Wah, just saw at Challenger Funan... for some reason this model price drop to $169 leh!!! Usual is $200++. Even through still $10 more ex than show price...

@evq - u think worth the purchase?

Yeah worth buying
 

hummer

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
529
Reaction score
1
Thanks for the review. looks good!

Any idea if this model supports Power Over Ethernet?
Any Dlink models support POE?
 

jcs_sgd

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2011
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
if the specs say can do full duplex communication, then can talk and hear at the same time.

I bought 1 @ comex too. apparently it is half duplex, only talk or listen at one time, I called their hotline to confirm.
its datasheet did not mentioned it is full duplex anyway, that's why I called to confirm...
 

jcs_sgd

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2011
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
No this model does not support POE. Only a few D-link models supports POE.

they don have PTZ model support PoE.
those D-Link cam available at retail only outdoor model got PoE.


I asked a lot b4 I decided to buy 5222L @ comex :s13:
 

jcs_sgd

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2011
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
I may be wrong, but I think there are 3 different hardware versions, namely A1 (the original), A2 and B1. I think the difference (if I recall) is that the newest model has a wider lens and a built in speaker. I too have the old A1 version.

A1: 45.7° / 29.5° / 52.9°
B1: 57° / 34° / 66°
B2: 98° / 52° / 115°

B1 onwards have built-in speaker.

mine is latest B2, bought @ comex :s22:
been looking at their PTZ model since I bought their 942L bcoz the setup and viewing is really simple.
 

bear1sg

Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2007
Messages
134
Reaction score
0
A1: 45.7° / 29.5° / 52.9°
B1: 57° / 34° / 66°
B2: 98° / 52° / 115°

B1 onwards have built-in speaker.

mine is latest B2, bought @ comex :s22:
been looking at their PTZ model since I bought their 942L bcoz the setup and viewing is really simple.
98 degree for a PTZ camera, that look good.
Will the screen at the both be pull outward?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top