Rig at around 800-100

kechiki

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2006
Messages
1,636
Reaction score
5
found a bundle from tradepac.

xigmatek asgard XP + cm extreme 525w @ $110... is it any good?
 

Gentleblade

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2013
Messages
1,498
Reaction score
0
That's what I was thinking as well. I wanted to go Ivy Bridge but since the top up to Haswell is only $50, I think I'll take the chance and top up for the boost in integrated graphics (even though I have the discreet card!) and power savings albeit a very small amount...

u mean current model, nx time got new graphic card out, cannot plug into our non-haswell Mobo?
 

nippp0n

Master Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
2,807
Reaction score
1
CPU & Mobo: i5-4430 & Asrock B85M Pro 4 @ $352
Ram: Kingston 1600mhz value ram 8GB @ ~$76
ODD: Samsung DVD RW @ $22
SSD: Plextor M5S 128GB @ $139
Case: Sharkoon T5 @ $63
PSU: Seasonic S12 520W @ ~$78

Total: $730
Buy from Tradepac.

You should be able to get a decent gpu with $270 from Amazon. Probably a 7850 or GTX 650 Ti Boost.
 

tronicle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 2, 2007
Messages
11,662
Reaction score
0
Get the same as what I build, I also dota2/sc2 nia...

CPU & Mobo: i5-4570 & MSI B85M G43 @ $372
Ram: G.Skill 1600mhz value ram 8GB @ $74
ODD: Samsung DVD RW @ $22
HDD: WD Blue 1TB @ $80
GPU: MSI 7770 1GB @ $179
Case: Silverstone SG02 @ $92
PSU: Seasonic S12 520W @ $89

Total: $908

can save a few more dollars if RAM can change to kingston if TS don't mind.

And GFX can change to 560ti.

casing can try cooler master budget ones.
 

kechiki

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2006
Messages
1,636
Reaction score
5
CPU & Mobo: i5-4430 & Asrock B85M Pro 4 @ $352
Ram: Kingston 1600mhz value ram 8GB @ ~$76
ODD: Samsung DVD RW @ $22
SSD: Plextor M5S 128GB @ $139
Case: Sharkoon T5 @ $63
PSU: Seasonic S12 520W @ ~$78

Total: $730
Buy from Tradepac.

You should be able to get a decent gpu with $270 from Amazon. Probably a 7850 or GTX 650 Ti Boost.
this looks good! thanks nippp0n bro
 

nippp0n

Master Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
2,807
Reaction score
1
this looks good! thanks nippp0n bro

If you don't settling for soon-to-be-obsolete ivy cpu, can go for i5-3450 & Asrock B75M-DGS @ $291. You will have additional $61 to spend on your gpu on top of the $270. IMO, there shouldn't be much significant impact on your gameplay by going for i5 ivy cpu.
 

TechNuB

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2007
Messages
5,363
Reaction score
62
If you don't settling for soon-to-be-obsolete ivy cpu, can go for i5-3450 & Asrock B75M-DGS @ $291. You will have additional $61 to spend on your gpu on top of the $270. IMO, there shouldn't be much significant impact on your gameplay by going for i5 ivy cpu.

i m so going with ur advice.. juz a qns does asrock b75m dgs allows the use of ivy bridge graphics?
 

Gentleblade

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2013
Messages
1,498
Reaction score
0
hmm getting GPU card from amazon seem like a good choice. rest can buy at tradepac or other shop in SLS. build there, bring home. slot the gpu card in. :s12:

or another way round. bring GPU card down. lol

actually , can buy SSD, GPU, both on amazon ma.. save more
 
Last edited:

kechiki

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2006
Messages
1,636
Reaction score
5
actually... looking at plextor 128gb and 7850... amazon and local like not much difference
 

TechNuB

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2007
Messages
5,363
Reaction score
62
Don't quite understand the use of ivy bridge graphics part. :s11:

Ivy bridge got built in gpu right. Must use the right mobo so that can use thatnin built gpu?
Cuz I think if gpu spoil ay least got in built to tahan.

Actually I think for 78xx series amazon not much value. If nvi fan wan get 660 or ti ish sibei gan pua wu hua. The 660ti dc2 outa my budget and needs but I sibei gian to buy due to savings
 

Thehim

Master Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2005
Messages
3,132
Reaction score
0
Ivy bridge got built in gpu right. Must use the right mobo so that can use thatnin built gpu?
Cuz I think if gpu spoil ay least got in built to tahan.

Actually I think for 78xx series amazon not much value. If nvi fan wan get 660 or ti ish sibei gan pua wu hua. The 660ti dc2 outa my budget and needs but I sibei gian to buy due to savings

Intel HD Graphics are never recommended for gaming.
Thus, if your Graphic Card it spoilt, might as well RMA ASAP or change to another one.
And not depend on the Integrated 1.
 

TechNuB

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2007
Messages
5,363
Reaction score
62
Intel HD Graphics are never recommended for gaming.
Thus, if your Graphic Card it spoilt, might as well RMA ASAP or change to another one.
And not depend on the Integrated 1.

Chiam si tong ma haha. Rma or get new gpu need some time. At least in the meantime can use
 

nippp0n

Master Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
2,807
Reaction score
1
Ivy bridge got built in gpu right. Must use the right mobo so that can use thatnin built gpu?
Cuz I think if gpu spoil ay least got in built to tahan.

Actually I think for 78xx series amazon not much value. If nvi fan wan get 660 or ti ish sibei gan pua wu hua. The 660ti dc2 outa my budget and needs but I sibei gian to buy due to savings

Most of the ivy motherboards come with minimal DVI/VGA output, so it can work with onboard graphic. And yes, Asrock B75M-DGS can work with onboard graphic.

If Dcu 2 is out of your budget, then get something else. It seems like 7870 Myst suits your budget and needs.
 

nippp0n

Master Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
2,807
Reaction score
1
Intel HD Graphics are never recommended for gaming.
Thus, if your Graphic Card it spoilt, might as well RMA ASAP or change to another one.
And not depend on the Integrated 1.

It's true that intel iGP sucks but IMO, always good to have a backup so at least you can use it to troubleshoot if your gpu becomes faulty. Correct me if I'm wrong. :o
 

Thehim

Master Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2005
Messages
3,132
Reaction score
0
It's true that intel iGP sucks but IMO, always good to have a backup so at least you can use it to troubleshoot if your gpu becomes faulty. Correct me if I'm wrong. :o

Nah, you're right.
I'm just thinking that TS would like to game using the integrated graphic, that would be a sucky experience.
Backup solution of onboard graphics is good :)
When all else fails, use the onboard 1.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top