[RIG] Wifey's mITX

hengheng220

Master Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2013
Messages
4,424
Reaction score
7
IMO i think the best looking one is IN WIN 901. Forget about the LED strips, just put a reference design nvidia card, with the glowing nvidia logo at the side. Got the "stealthy" kind of look.
 

Cerano

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2009
Messages
87
Reaction score
0
Why you don't think excel is very well threaded?

Companies have long shifted to quad cores (i5) as the standard with power users given i7s.

Excel files used in business today is not the simple 65,000 rows with simple sum function.. I'm talking about 300mb single excel files that are literally statistical juggernauts combing through data to find patterns with multiple formulas that are 4 lines long

That is just raw data not to mention pivots that consolidate the results..

don't think excel is so simple, can? ;p

Btw, your one to talk... look at your own rig... titan black with a single 1080p 60hz.. lulwut? Do you get fps higher than 60?

Also what are you using your 4770k for... just purely games? Not even video editing?

I cant imagine microsoft excel requiring more than a i5 4440...but oh well
4K tv coming soon (;

I dont want a 1440p since its not a formally "established" resolution unlike 4k or fhd so id rather wait for a 4k monitor of the same size :)

If gtx 880 comes ill get it too cheers

4770k is just cause i want to get the best haswell since i have the best gpu i dont want anything to bottleneck (;
 
Last edited:

Mycrus

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2011
Messages
1,584
Reaction score
0
I cant imagine microsoft excel requiring more than a i5 4440...but oh well
4K tv coming soon (;

I dont want a 1440p since its not a formally "established" resolution unlike 4k or fhd so id rather wait for a 4k monitor of the same size :)

If gtx 880 comes ill get it too cheers

4770k is just cause i want to get the best haswell since i have the best gpu i dont want anything to bottleneck (;

I'll tell you what... On those very same excel files that I mentioned it takes my current 2600k 8 core (4 physical) running at 4.6ghz each 5 minutes every time I ask it to re compute all the data... I get out of memory errors after the 2nd refresh run because I'm just using the 32bit excel 2010 version... I will upgrade to latest 64 bit version but I'm just making do so far...

What are you talking about... 1440p is the standard now with 1080p going the way of the crt display... almost all the current benches are in 1440p...

by the time your 4k monitor becomes cheap enough your titan black will be long outdated... The original 4k screens came out with a $3k price tag and a 30hz refresh rate. ..

There is no way in hell that you need a titans 6gb Vram... You would have been equally served with a normal 780 with a rinky dink little 1080p with a bad ppi at 27 inches.... so scared of bottleneck that you got a 4770k when a 4670k can do pcie 3.0 anyway...

Protip - your monitor is now your bottleneck... lulz...

I'm running 780ti sli on my 2600k with no perceivable bottleneck even at 5760 X 1080 even when maxing the Vram on games that support txaa...

so let me give the same advice... If no regrets for you buying that rig then happy lah... lulz...
 
Last edited:

Cerano

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2009
Messages
87
Reaction score
0
I'll tell you what... On those very same excel files that I mentioned it takes my current 2600k 8 core (4 physical) running at 4.6ghz each 5 minutes every time I ask it to re compute all the data... I get out of memory errors after the 2nd refresh run because I'm just using the 32bit excel 2010 version... I will upgrade to latest 64 bit version but I'm just making do so far...

What are you talking about 1440p is the standard now with 1080p going the way of the crt display... almost all the current benches are in 1440p...

by the time your 4k monitor becomes cheap enough your titan black will be long outdated... The original 4k screens came out with a $3k price tag and a 30hz refresh rate. ..

There is no way in hell that you need a titans 6gb Vram... You would have been equally served with a normal 780 with a rinky dink little 1080p with a bad ppi at 27 inches.... so scared of bottleneck that you got a 4770k when a 4670k can do pcie 3.0 anyway...

I'm running 780ti sli on my 2600k with no perceivable bottleneck even at 5760 X 1080 even when maxing the Vram on games that support txaa...

so let me give the same advice... If no regrets for you buying that rig then happy lah... lulz...

:O. 5 mins on 2600k?

What kind of monster excel files you do LOL

Im very happy ps and i intend to upgrade to 880 or higher when it comes out :)

Cheers
 

Mycrus

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2011
Messages
1,584
Reaction score
0
:O. 5 mins on 2600k?

What kind of monster excel files you do LOL

Im very happy ps and i intend to upgrade to 880 or higher when it comes out :)

Cheers

So you admit that your rig is not the best performance to dollar wise and yet you come on other threads with the same concern... lulz... Cheers to you too...
 

Assault

Master Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2005
Messages
3,884
Reaction score
1,740
all this may be true but I don't think anyone will like hearing (or reading) these things after spending (what may be to them) a bomb on their rig parts ;);)

I'll tell you what... On those very same excel files that I mentioned it takes my current 2600k 8 core (4 physical) running at 4.6ghz each 5 minutes every time I ask it to re compute all the data... I get out of memory errors after the 2nd refresh run because I'm just using the 32bit excel 2010 version... I will upgrade to latest 64 bit version but I'm just making do so far...

What are you talking about... 1440p is the standard now with 1080p going the way of the crt display... almost all the current benches are in 1440p...

by the time your 4k monitor becomes cheap enough your titan black will be long outdated... The original 4k screens came out with a $3k price tag and a 30hz refresh rate. ..

There is no way in hell that you need a titans 6gb Vram... You would have been equally served with a normal 780 with a rinky dink little 1080p with a bad ppi at 27 inches.... so scared of bottleneck that you got a 4770k when a 4670k can do pcie 3.0 anyway...

Protip - your monitor is now your bottleneck... lulz...

I'm running 780ti sli on my 2600k with no perceivable bottleneck even at 5760 X 1080 even when maxing the Vram on games that support txaa...

so let me give the same advice... If no regrets for you buying that rig then happy lah... lulz...
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,288
Reaction score
420
all this may be true but I don't think anyone will like hearing (or reading) these things after spending (what may be to them) a bomb on their rig parts ;);)

But, its the truth though. He overkilled his gpu on a 1080p 60hz monitor. Most likely 70% bragging rights, 30% gaming...
 

Assault

Master Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2005
Messages
3,884
Reaction score
1,740
yea I think most people know 6GB VRAM is not needed for 1080p by now la.. but what a cool name for a GPU... TITAN BLACK ok! :eek::eek:
 

Jian19

Honorary Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
100,798
Reaction score
27,542
Well..it does give him options to get 2 more monitor or upgrade to a 27" 1440p if he feel he needed to

Sometimes ppl hoot stuff within their budget, they happy can liao

They use the rig..not us

I'm envy to see ppl use such rig, if I got $ I will maybe get similar stuff just for the songness :o
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,288
Reaction score
420
Well..it does give him options to get 2 more monitor or upgrade to a 27" 1440p if he feel he needed to

Sometimes ppl hoot stuff within their budget, they happy can liao

They use the rig..not us

I'm envy to see ppl use such rig, if I got $ I will maybe get similar stuff just for the songness :o

Im pretty sure you have the $$, just that you nvr show nia.
 

Assault

Master Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2005
Messages
3,884
Reaction score
1,740
Sometimes ppl hoot stuff within their budget, they happy can liao

Definitely agree with this, I'd say the majority of people hardly utilize their rig to anywhere near its potential, the most important thing is, SONG CAN ALREADY!!
 

Cerano

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2009
Messages
87
Reaction score
0
So you admit that your rig is not the best performance to dollar wise and yet you come on other threads with the same concern... lulz... Cheers to you too...

nah my rig isnt meant for performance to dollar mine is meant for pure epeenz plus smashing ripping power should i require it :o

actually idk why you brought my rig in to compare seeing that mine has very different purposes and its not meant to be value-oriented just like your GTX780TI rig but rather what i can afford comfortably. I like playing with benchmarks with mine although not the extreme LN2 sort but maybe just OC and see 3Dmark Firestrike hit 11-12k for fun

as for yours im not sure if value was a key concern but theres no need to be so defensive im just sharing that perhaps for most requirements an easier processor could've probably done the job and saved you money which you could've channeled into the gpu but since you feel so strongly about it being good for work then by all means it's tailored to your needs

likewise you have a GTX 780 Ti which is a killer card to smash anything

cheers
 
Last edited:

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,288
Reaction score
420
nah my rig isnt meant for performance to dollar mine is meant for pure epeenz plus smashing ripping power should i require it :o

actually idk why you brought my rig in to compare seeing that mine has very different purposes and its not meant to be value-oriented but rather what i can afford comfortably. I like playing with benchmarks with mine although not the extreme LN2 sort but maybe just OC and see 3Dmark Firestrike hit 11-12k for fun

as for yours im not sure if value was a key concern but im just sharing that perhaps for most requirements an easier processor could've probably done the job and saved you money which you could've channeled into the gpu

cheers

Opps, its not titan Z... I tot he got that..
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top