Samsung Galaxy A73

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, have anyone seen the green color? is it nice?
It's not pure green actually; more of a very light bluish green. The Samsung's color term for it is mint.... I saw it as one of the display phones at Challenger. It's not bad: it's a hard fight between mint and white but I bought the white one eventually and just received it today.

lowhm

Reaction score
Sorry, I outdated.

Will this phone be available through telco?

My plan is up and can wait if available soon.
But I think I don't see any A7x available through telco before.
If so, what is the recommended alternative?
A5x, S21Fe, recontract x model sell phone n buy from phone shop etc?

Thanks.

kkfa2018

Reaction score
Sorry, I outdated.

Will this phone be available through telco?

My plan is up and can wait if available soon.
But I think I don't see any A7x available through telco before.
If so, what is the recommended alternative?
A5x, S21Fe, recontract x model sell phone n buy from phone shop etc?

Thanks.
Curious...do you need a plan and new phone from Telco? I find nowadays unless plan is needed or provided FOC by company, it cheaper to buy phone from outside.

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Assuming there are no CIS discounts here, the price of a 2y contract is about $600 to the telcos, at least. So if the cost of the phone is <$600-700, it's not worth signing the contract. This is pretty much standard across all of the big 3.

Also, generally speaking, for non-flagship phones, it's probably cheaper to switch to SIM-only or MVNO plans and buy on the open market at street pricing.

Once CIS discounts are factored in, it depends. But it appears that the latest plans don't come with the 40-50% discounts that some companies enjoy, and are pretty much 20-30% now. Hence, it may not be worth it to sign contracts unless your discount makes it viable.

To know for sure, run the numbers in Excel.

lowhm

Reaction score
Sorry, forgot to mention that I do have cis.

So, I did a very quick check, getting a iphone and sell it and use the diff to buy a phone from shop.

The diff is a couple of $10 different from getting it from the telco for those available in the telco.

But the "prob" is A73 is not even on the telco list currently.
Thus, would like to know if the telco ever carry the A7x before?

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Assuming there are no CIS discounts here, the price of a 2y contract is about $600 to the telcos, at least. So if the cost of the phone is <$600-700, it's not worth signing the contract. This is pretty much standard across all of the big 3.

Also, generally speaking, for non-flagship phones, it's probably cheaper to switch to SIM-only or MVNO plans and buy on the open market at street pricing.

Once CIS discounts are factored in, it depends. But it appears that the latest plans don't come with the 40-50% discounts that some companies enjoy, and are pretty much 20-30% now. Hence, it may not be worth it to sign contracts unless your discount makes it viable.

To know for sure, run the numbers in Excel.
Very true; I bought my A73 (8/128 ram/storage) for only $608 from Shopee.

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Loving my A73 - performance is snappy for a mid range phone with 6.7 inch screen. Extremely glad I moved from my iPhone to Samsung & Android. Saved 1+k in the process. The iPhone 13 Pro Max also with a 6.7 inch screen would have cost me 1.7k with no option for fingerprint sensor. And the Android 12 IU is just as good as iOS 15.5 if not better, especially in the customization features. This boomer uncle is extremely pleased in this aspect.

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Loving my A73 - performance is snappy for a mid range phone with 6.7 inch screen. Extremely glad I moved from my iPhone to Samsung & Android. Saved 1+k in the process. The iPhone 13 Pro Max also with a 6.7 inch screen would have cost me 1.7k with no option for fingerprint sensor. And the Android 12 IU is just as good as iOS 15.5 if not better, especially in the customization features. This boomer uncle is extremely pleased in this aspect.
Go to developer option and set the 3 animation speed to 0.5... u will feel much snappier.

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Go to developer option and set the 3 animation speed to 0.5... u will feel much snappier.
Thanks! I just set the animation speed to 0.5.... much snappier as you said. Excellent, thanks again!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.