It's not pure green actually; more of a very light bluish green. The Samsung's color term for it is mint.... I saw it as one of the display phones at Challenger. It's not bad: it's a hard fight between mint and white but I bought the white one eventually and just received it today.Guys, have anyone seen the green color? is it nice?
Curious...do you need a plan and new phone from Telco? I find nowadays unless plan is needed or provided FOC by company, it cheaper to buy phone from outside.Sorry, I outdated.
Will this phone be available through telco?
My plan is up and can wait if available soon.
But I think I don't see any A7x available through telco before.
If so, what is the recommended alternative?
A5x, S21Fe, recontract x model sell phone n buy from phone shop etc?
Thanks.
Very true; I bought my A73 (8/128 ram/storage) for only $608 from Shopee.Assuming there are no CIS discounts here, the price of a 2y contract is about $600 to the telcos, at least. So if the cost of the phone is <$600-700, it's not worth signing the contract. This is pretty much standard across all of the big 3.
Also, generally speaking, for non-flagship phones, it's probably cheaper to switch to SIM-only or MVNO plans and buy on the open market at street pricing.
Once CIS discounts are factored in, it depends. But it appears that the latest plans don't come with the 40-50% discounts that some companies enjoy, and are pretty much 20-30% now. Hence, it may not be worth it to sign contracts unless your discount makes it viable.
To know for sure, run the numbers in Excel.
Go to developer option and set the 3 animation speed to 0.5... u will feel much snappier.Loving my A73 - performance is snappy for a mid range phone with 6.7 inch screen. Extremely glad I moved from my iPhone to Samsung & Android. Saved 1+k in the process. The iPhone 13 Pro Max also with a 6.7 inch screen would have cost me 1.7k with no option for fingerprint sensor. And the Android 12 IU is just as good as iOS 15.5 if not better, especially in the customization features. This boomer uncle is extremely pleased in this aspect.
Thanks! I just set the animation speed to 0.5.... much snappier as you said. Excellent, thanks again!Go to developer option and set the 3 animation speed to 0.5... u will feel much snappier.
Pretty ok for me. As long as your fingers are dry.How's the fingerprint sensor on the A73? I had the old A50 and it basically couldn't read my prints at all. I had to switch to the S10 Lite for a working sensor. Is the sensor on the A73 much better now?
I bought the A50 for my bro-in-law, and the fingerprint sensor works intermittently - usually the spot where the sensor is lights up but it doesn't always does so. It is some bug that Samsung just dropped the ball on and refused to fix...How's the fingerprint sensor on the A73? I had the old A50 and it basically couldn't read my prints at all. I had to switch to the S10 Lite for a working sensor. Is the sensor on the A73 much better now?
personally - the fact that it's so rarely disucssed is proof of its rleliability? Can't go wrong with the specs as they are very safe and attractive to most users, while Samsung has matured OneUI enough to the point where it's doing everything it needs to.Just want to ask what's the cheapest for this phone now? I saw two listings on Carousell, one for $488, and another for $552... Anyone got this phone at this price? Interested in getting this phone... Like the large screen, and 778G chipset... Just want to ask a few questions:
1. Is the phone smooth? Any stutters? Freezes?
2. Any quirks? Any bugs?
3. How's the battery life?
Thanks bro but the shops in Carousell going for at least $120-150 below RRP.... Not sure if Samsung will discount the 8/128 to below $600 or not... I might wait for 11.11 instead... Thinking of snagging 2 units, one as a gift...personally - the fact that it's so rarely disucssed is proof of its rleliability? Can't go wrong with the specs as they are very safe and attractive to most users, while Samsung has matured OneUI enough to the point where it's doing everything it needs to.
I've never owned it, but knowwing Samsung's taste for mid-range, probably the haptics will be trash i.e. using the coin type vibration motor such that vibrtions feel loose and muddly but in the grand scheme, that's one small compromise
8.8 sales coming soon on both LZD aand SHP. I'd check Samsung's own shops first cos thhey were surprisingly generous in the discounts and vouchers past few sales period
Another question: anyone using a third party charger that can give the full 25W charging speed? I was thinking of buying a Prolink 65W GaN charger but it seems that despite being listed as USB PD PPS compliant it doesn't charge the A73 5G at full speed...
The specs sheets show that it is should be able to charge the A73 5G using Samsung's Super Fast Charging protocol.
https://prolink2u.com/product/ptc36501/
Any thoughts?
Hmmm... but using the original USB-C cable that comes with the A73 5G should do the trick right?think the cable needs to be compliant too. PPS uses normal USB-C PD charging though. either check cable, or try with another charger capable of 25w output
Hmmm... but using the original USB-C cable that comes with the A73 5G should do the trick right?