Samsung Galaxy Note 10- Let's speculate...

chooyoshi

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2016
Messages
2,241
Reaction score
493
I just wish that Samsung stop following Apple's pricing strategy

TBH, Apple is no longer a market leader. I stopped after iPhone X. Nothing exciting about Apple anymore, except for their relentless pursuit of profits

Sent from Samsung SM-T590 using GAGT

They aren't following apple's pricing strategy when they sell a barrage of models from 170$ all the way to 2000$. Apple's least expensive is at least 700$
 

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2005
Messages
20,321
Reaction score
1,819
Not if the experience behind the HTC U12+ and meizu zero is of any indication.

Then we'll just have to wait and see. If power, volume and bixby buttons all become gesture-based features, it'll be really something first from Samsung. Honestly, they could really just do away with the bixby button as it's largely redundant, having mapped mine to launch Straits Times.
 

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2005
Messages
20,321
Reaction score
1,819
They aren't following apple's pricing strategy when they sell a barrage of models from 170$ all the way to 2000$. Apple's least expensive is at least 700$

Being an iPhone user since 3GS days back in 2009, I'm not surprised this year's model will be even more expensive than ever. Samsung's following this pattern now and I won't be surprised if the 6.7" Note10 will cost over $2k like the ceramic S10+.
 

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 30, 2005
Messages
6,350
Reaction score
1,507
Soooo, have u used the u12+? I ha ve used it for half a year and it ain't that bad



I've had the U12+ untill now and yeah the buttons are much better after updates but I'd still prefer physical buttons. Sometimes the buttons gets too sensitive and it's annoying. It doesn't detract from the fact the phone is still stellar even in 2019. I could imagine Samsung implementing it better than HTC at least.
 

C32B

Master Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2003
Messages
4,455
Reaction score
130
I've had the U12+ untill now and yeah the buttons are much better after updates but I'd still prefer physical buttons. Sometimes the buttons gets too sensitive and it's annoying. It doesn't detract from the fact the phone is still stellar even in 2019. I could imagine Samsung implementing it better than HTC at least.
Where do ur buy HTC U12+? I didn't see HTC selling it after U11 and yes, I am still one of the U11 owner.
 

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 30, 2005
Messages
6,350
Reaction score
1,507
Where do ur buy HTC U12+? I didn't see HTC selling it after U11 and yes, I am still one of the U11 owner.

I got mine from Taiwan. Was so hard to get the Translucent Blue and the 5th HTC Store I went to had the last one in stock. Solar Red and Black is readily available in Taiwan. Forget about getting it here and if you buy over Expansys or Lazada it is more expensive.

If I am not mistaken, if you buy from HTC Store in Taiwan, they give you warranty 2 years.

Hope this helps...
 

C32B

Master Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2003
Messages
4,455
Reaction score
130
I got mine from Taiwan. Was so hard to get the Translucent Blue and the 5th HTC Store I went to had the last one in stock. Solar Red and Black is readily available in Taiwan. Forget about getting it here and if you buy over Expansys or Lazada it is more expensive.

If I am not mistaken, if you buy from HTC Store in Taiwan, they give you warranty 2 years.

Hope this helps...
Hi, thanks for the reply. I have no friends in Taiwan. So, can only skip this phone. My next will be Note 10. See how the development.
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,408
Reaction score
18,596
https://www.sammobile.com/2019/04/08/samsung-to-launch-four-galaxy-note-10-models/amp/

We will get 6.28 and 6.75 inch variants with optional 5g support, 3 and 4 back cameras respectively. But can we have a note 10 classic with removable back and battery?

I think for removable back battery is impossible for now, almost all manufacturers all now have batteries built inside.

But for a smaller and flat screen Note10 I will want it. The screen size of S10e is perfect. Cos Note 3 is using a 5.7" screen.
 

Norman Chan

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
8,229
Reaction score
3
I've had the U12+ untill now and yeah the buttons are much better after updates but I'd still prefer physical buttons. Sometimes the buttons gets too sensitive and it's annoying. It doesn't detract from the fact the phone is still stellar even in 2019. I could imagine Samsung implementing it better than HTC at least.

I find the U12+ camera is super good, especially it auto-brighten up the photo (in shade or in shadow or even indoor etc) before taking.
 

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 30, 2005
Messages
6,350
Reaction score
1,507
I find the U12+ camera is super good, especially it auto-brighten up the photo (in shade or in shadow or even indoor etc) before taking.

Exactly why I'm still holding on to the phone. Photos are superb. As good as the S10 for most scenarios. Video quality and mic recording is seriously impressive due to 4 mics. It's also ranked very highly on dxomark.
 

chooyoshi

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2016
Messages
2,241
Reaction score
493
hopefully note 10 will be a camera phone

??? Almost every phone has a camera these days. Now on to my gripe... why don't manufacturers like Samsung and Xiaomi perhaps cook up an entry level smartphone without a camera to sell to those that cannot have camera phones (NSFs working in red zones you know what I am talking about. )
 

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2005
Messages
20,321
Reaction score
1,819
I'm mean the 5g model.the regular 4g model I suspect will be at least $1498, at most $1598 for base model.

The 5G model should be over $2k. Let’s say if during launch, the 5G model is also out, might as well get the 5G model.
 

Norman Chan

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
8,229
Reaction score
3
The 5G model should be over $2k. Let’s say if during launch, the 5G model is also out, might as well get the 5G model.

Also Samsung will need to use SD855 for their 5G phone...no more using their in-house CPU, correct ?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top