SAMSUNG GALAXY Note 3 Experience Sharing

ronnlim

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,185
Reaction score
19
1000th Post!

1000th Post!


Any idea KNOX - any useful features?
Can we remove it and install from somewhere? THks
 

hwsinn

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2006
Messages
2,269
Reaction score
0
These few weeks my batt drain very fast. These 2 days screen time less than a hr alomost half the batt gone. I didnt even touch the phone much. I suspect is the newly updated google settings but i turned everything off alrdy.

Another thing is the email app keep notifying me of email even when its set to manual and is not my peak hours

Screenshot_2013-11-10-21-25-00_zps195cfbbc.png


Happened few weeks ago. Was fine all the while. BBS shows normal wakelock and processes. Audioout_2 was kinda high when i didnt use anything with sound as its in vibrate mode
 
Last edited:

mikengtw

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,117
Reaction score
35
I have the same problem. Samsung technical helpdesk also can solve the problem. Prevention information will appear even after a reset to default (hard reset).
Give up trying to resolve it. Hoping the next software update will remove the bug.

I have been following this thread found to have same problem like yours, do we have to hard reset
will it cure this problem?
 

mikengtw

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,117
Reaction score
35
i think just don't turn on wifi, the problem will be gone

I don't think this problem would solve, cause I need WiFi you can't expect me to hold on to my
data plan is at 3GB only. Can die like dat if I use more than that, my bill will shot up very high usage.
Only thing could do is put up this nonsense is to close it...
 

rockyan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2009
Messages
14,379
Reaction score
18
tested and confirmed turning off wifi or hard reset will not solve the notification problem.
Only have to wait for the next firmware update.
 

hwsinn

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2006
Messages
2,269
Reaction score
0
These few weeks my batt drain very fast. These 2 days screen time less than a hr alomost half the batt gone. I didnt even touch the phone much. I suspect is the newly updated google settings but i turned everything off alrdy.

Another thing is the email app keep notifying me of email even when its set to manual and is not my peak hours

Screenshot_2013-11-10-21-25-00_zps195cfbbc.png


Happened few weeks ago. Was fine all the while. BBS shows normal wakelock and processes. Audioout_2 was kinda high when i didnt use anything with sound as its in vibrate mode

Bump up my issues
 

lsk

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2003
Messages
592
Reaction score
1
Recently, I got a problem with the proximity sensor (Note 3). It is always stuck at 1.0. Is there any way I can fix this or I need to send for repair?

Btw, the phone is completely naked. No cover or sp. Nothing.

Thanks a zillion, fellow Note 3 fans!
 

townman

Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2001
Messages
473
Reaction score
7
I have the same problem. Samsung technical helpdesk also can solve the problem. Prevention information will appear even after a reset to default (hard reset).
Give up trying to resolve it. Hoping the next software update will remove the bug.

I got the same Prevention information problem but the problem disappear one day after I turn on my phone and a pop up show up of security update have been apply on my phone then no more Prevention information notification appear anymore.

Seriously I had no idea how the update come in, I thought it was push down by Samsung automatically.
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,783
Reaction score
18,732
MJ7 update

Hi everyone, after updating your firmware to MJ7, do you all see any significant changes.

i could only see the keyboard changes, it changed to darker background.
 

mikengtw

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,117
Reaction score
35
Hi everyone, after updating your firmware to MJ7, do you all see any significant changes.

i could only see the keyboard changes, it changed to darker background.

I don't know weather Samsung aware they forgotten to add in the camera mode function in
one of the night shooting mode. Which I do found in S4 phone camera do have it, and why they
still miss it for Note 3 ???
 

tjkb230

Master Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2004
Messages
3,728
Reaction score
75
I don't know weather Samsung aware they forgotten to add in the camera mode function in
one of the night shooting mode. Which I do found in S4 phone camera do have it, and why they
still miss it for Note 3 ???

Night mode on S4 has been replaced by stabilisation mode on note 3 which (if you set it on) is turned on automatically when light is insufficient
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,783
Reaction score
18,732
S View new feature in MJ7 Firmware

I don't know weather Samsung aware they forgotten to add in the camera mode function in
one of the night shooting mode. Which I do found in S4 phone camera do have it, and why they
still miss it for Note 3 ???

perhaps. But everything is under Auto mode, it automatically detects night mode but image results not good under auto night.

I also found another feature in MJ7 firmware. Under S View Cover settings, S View Window cover, there is 2 options, Random Colour and use for all screens.

The s view cover will change everyday with a new colour. Also for use for all screens, background of calls and messaging will have the background too.

i hope one day with newer firmware, they should also let us view Whatsapp messages and reply messages directly
 

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2005
Messages
10,410
Reaction score
100
i miss the low light cam mode in note 2...can't seems to take a good quality photo with the auto mode with my note 3..
 

GreenHorn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
18,500
Reaction score
0
how u solve prevention information? u all never kena prevention information meh?

Happened to me once though mine is not rooted as well, i just swipe away the notification and reboot no more coming back leh..haha maybe bug. :s13:
 

wiwi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2006
Messages
12,842
Reaction score
3
got software update. now the keyboard becomes dark theme. any 1 know how to make it back to light theme?
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,783
Reaction score
18,732
also now it solves the screen close lag. Previously when we press screen off button, there is a few seconds lag, now there isn't.
 

Aizen84

Member
Joined
May 9, 2008
Messages
136
Reaction score
4
any 1 having problem with the data connection? My note 3 data connection will disappear for no reason and will not return. I need to restart the phone for it to return.

Any 1 is having the same issue? or is there any setting i have done wrong?
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
any 1 having problem with the data connection? My note 3 data connection will disappear for no reason and will not return. I need to restart the phone for it to return.

Any 1 is having the same issue? or is there any setting i have done wrong?

Not too worry. It is a telco signal issue.

Are you with starhub?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top