SAMSUNG GALAXY Note 3 Experience Sharing

Vulpix

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
105,326
Reaction score
3,863
All this condemnation for the USB 3.0 port is going to force Samsung to opt for a proprietary cable in their next phone. :( I guess people rather have a smaller port than for Samsung to follow the USB standards... People need to realize this wasn't designed by Samsung, the port was designed by the USB committee.
 

tjkb230

Master Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2004
Messages
3,728
Reaction score
75
All this condemnation for the USB 3.0 port is going to force Samsung to opt for a proprietary cable in their next phone. :( I guess people rather have a smaller port than for Samsung to follow the USB standards... People need to realize this wasn't designed by Samsung, the port was designed by the USB committee.

TBH, I'm quite surprised that people didn't know this is the USB 3.0 port. Note 3 is not the first electronic device to have this port though. Rather, those newer external harddisks we bought which supports USB 3.0, already have this port. :s22: I keep emphasising ext hdd everytime I talk about USB 3.0 :vijayadmin:
 

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
39,097
Reaction score
13
Disabling the smart features will improve the battery life, but I didn't find it significant. If you can connect to wifi though, don't disable it. Connecting to wifi automatically disables mobile data and it'll save a tonne of battery life. The biggest difference to battery life that I found was the "Location Services -> Use wireless networks" option. This thing uses your wifi and mobile data to determine your location and it keeps polling your connections for info, wakelocking the phone. On my S3, my battery drain went from 5-6% per hour on standby to 3% per hour on standby when I turned that off. But do note that some apps use it to determine your location if you turn the GPS function off.
ok have turned off use wireless network under location. i turned off auto wifi as it keeps trying to find ip address for wirless@sg but never succeeds despite telling me signal is strong.
 

RequiemDK

Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
400
Reaction score
0
ok have turned off use wireless network under location. i turned off auto wifi as it keeps trying to find ip address for wirless@sg but never succeeds despite telling me signal is strong.

Signal strong but access point congested also no use :s13: Yeah, in that case it's better to turn it off. I never use wireless@sg ever since I realized I spend more time trying to get an IP than actually using it :s13:
 

Jhyun

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
5,764
Reaction score
16
All this condemnation for the USB 3.0 port is going to force Samsung to opt for a proprietary cable in their next phone. :( I guess people rather have a smaller port than for Samsung to follow the USB standards... People need to realize this wasn't designed by Samsung, the port was designed by the USB committee.

What's there to complain when they can just use back the original micro usb?
 

Vulpix

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
105,326
Reaction score
3,863
What's there to complain when they can just use back the original micro usb?

Maybe it's just me, but I love the speed of copying. I don't even bother taking out my microSD card anymore. I don't mind the size since it clearly did not affect the phone size.
 

Jhyun

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
5,764
Reaction score
16
Maybe it's just me, but I love the speed of copying. I don't even bother taking out my microSD card anymore. I don't mind the size since it clearly did not affect the phone size.

Unless talking about the size of the connector. But that's pretty much a non issue anyway.
 

Apparatus

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 27, 2005
Messages
58,330
Reaction score
13,857
Hi guys,

I asked the question below at another thread but nobody seemed to be encountering what i did on my note 3.

When i was at the telco shop, i played with the demo model and found an option under "Controls" > "One-handed operations" > "Hand Adaptive Mode"

It basically allows the keyboard to sense which hand you are typing with and will adjust the keyboard to be nearer to that particular hand. This is only when u are using the phone with one hand that is.

However when i got my note 3, that option is missing.

Anyone can help check their note 3 to see if that option is available to you guys? Mine is Jet Black 32GB tho i doubt the colour would make the option appear or dissapear.. I tried every possible combo and options in the settings but nothing makes it appear. Tried googling also but noone has same issue.

Could my set be faulty?

Yep, not there.
 
Last edited:

jermss

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2005
Messages
1,962
Reaction score
28
I notice that when I get a msg or sms I can't open the msg from the pop up alert anymore if my note is on lock screen... When I tap on the pop up notification.. It pops up a box? Anyone know what's that for? Thanks!
 
Last edited:

calvinhkk

Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2006
Messages
112
Reaction score
0
Hi
Anyone using qvod apps? All the movies i download is soundless and also in fast forward mode. Tried uninstalled still the same
 

kennyg1969

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2000
Messages
5,935
Reaction score
0
Strange I have that menu on my white M1 set

This is my menu

kzkt.png
 

Jumpman23

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,560
Reaction score
15
Any way to sync bookmarks from Google account to the stock browser (not Chrome)?
 

agoodfella

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2008
Messages
97
Reaction score
0
Does anyone else not get a Green indicator light with a 100% full charge?

This happened for my Note 2, but no Green light for the Note 3?

Anyone else?
 

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2002
Messages
9,903
Reaction score
25
anyone wanna share how their homescreen looks like?
mine is totally black.. lol top is google search bar
bottom is a dock with just 5icons

and black background... still trying to arrange my App Draw nicely
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top