samsung Galaxy Note 8.0

yellow_pen

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
15,743
Reaction score
0
Looks nice leh
But I am already holding onto a note 2 and note 10.1....

No point getting another 8.0 :s22:

But I do agree the thick bezel seems to spoil the image
 

stillgottheblues

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2011
Messages
31,384
Reaction score
3,526
This uses micro-USB for charging. I may hoot this as all my devices uses the same charging ports and one of the main reason I'm holding off buying Samsung tablets.
 

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2009
Messages
22,048
Reaction score
70
quickly launch, using note1 (still well) and survived loon with note2 already.
Can wait to tailor my back pockets wider and deeper.
 

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2001
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
1,689
Review: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 review: The roadster - GSMArena.com

gsmarena_021.jpg


Key features

8.0" 16M-color Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen of 800 x 1280 pixel resolution
Android OS v4.1.2 with TouchWiz launcher
1.6 GHz quad-core Cortex-A9 CPU, Mali-400MP GPU, 2GB of RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad chipset
S Pen active stylus with deep system integration
5 MP wide-angle lens autofocus camera with face detection
720p HD video recording at 30fps
16/32/64GB internal storage, microSD slot
Dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n support
GPS with A-GPS connectivity; GLONASS support, Digital compass
Stereo Bluetooth v4.0
microUSB port with USB host and TV-out (1080p) support, MHL, charging
Accelerometer, gyroscope and proximity sensor
Infrared port
Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
Very slim at only 8mm
1.3MP secondary video-call camera
Document editor and file manager comes preinstalled
Extremely rich video and audio codec support
4600 mAh battery

Main disadvantages

Speakers at the bottom, rather than front-facing on either side, as in the bigger Note 10.1
Fails to match the premium feel of an iPad mini (or a Galaxy Tab 7.7)
No FM Radio or NFC support
Questionable still image and video recording quality
 

congz22

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2009
Messages
88
Reaction score
0
Anyone has clue when is this coming to Singapore. Saw the 16GB wifi launch in UK.

similarly waiting for it! gonna switch from the 10.1 to the 8.0. just nice got one tablet plan due for upgrade already..wish it can come faster..

anyone any ideas on release date in sg?
 

Siyu

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2003
Messages
2,114
Reaction score
17
I need
To buy a tablet for my
Mil :) bday .. She like cannot wait leh
 

kazxenon

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2005
Messages
752
Reaction score
6
I don't think it will hit 1K, on average its around 700 -800 + for the 3G version so I think it may retail for 899?

If it hits 1K then its really not worth it, even with the S Pen.
 

Randy_F'N_Orton

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2009
Messages
866
Reaction score
0
Hi, Tech noob here. but why would the note 8 be at the $700-800+ range if it retails at USD400 in the US?

wouldn't that convert to be around $500-600+ range?
I've only budgeted $500 for it :(
 

kazxenon

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2005
Messages
752
Reaction score
6
Hi, Tech noob here. but why would the note 8 be at the $700-800+ range if it retails at USD400 in the US?

wouldn't that convert to be around $500-600+ range?
I've only budgeted $500 for it :(

Thats for the WIFI version, its 399 x 1.07 = US $426.93

426.93 convert to SGD = S$528.28 <- Favourable conversion rates

So they may push the WIFI 16gb for around 599, 3G/Cellular 16Gb version for around 750+ and 32gb 3G/Cellular for 899.

Of course these are just pure speculation on my part, please do not take it as facts ;)

I'm waiting for it too, already set aside cash for the note 8.0 + accessories, I'm getting impatient though, they said Q2 but I may have to import mine if they don't get it in by Early May latest. :(
 

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2009
Messages
22,048
Reaction score
70
if wifi is $599, 3G will add another $300 herre at least. Expect at least $899, and as usual doubt will even sell the 32gb at all.
 

Randy_F'N_Orton

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2009
Messages
866
Reaction score
0
Thats for the WIFI version, its 399 x 1.07 = US $426.93

426.93 convert to SGD = S$528.28 <- Favourable conversion rates

So they may push the WIFI 16gb for around 599, 3G/Cellular 16Gb version for around 750+ and 32gb 3G/Cellular for 899.

Of course these are just pure speculation on my part, please do not take it as facts ;)

I'm waiting for it too, already set aside cash for the note 8.0 + accessories, I'm getting impatient though, they said Q2 but I may have to import mine if they don't get it in by Early May latest. :(

icic. thx for the explanation.
i totally forgot got wifi and 3g/lte version >.<

i also waiting impatiently for its release but not to the extent of considering importing it :s13:
 

kyleongwl

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2011
Messages
5,911
Reaction score
7
Thats for the WIFI version, its 399 x 1.07 = US $426.93

426.93 convert to SGD = S$528.28 <- Favourable conversion rates

So they may push the WIFI 16gb for around 599, 3G/Cellular 16Gb version for around 750+ and 32gb 3G/Cellular for 899.

Of course these are just pure speculation on my part, please do not take it as facts ;)

I'm waiting for it too, already set aside cash for the note 8.0 + accessories, I'm getting impatient though, they said Q2 but I may have to import mine if they don't get it in by Early May latest. :(
Month of MAY is not possible...as its for S4.
Late Mar = Galaxy Express & Note 8 (wifi - India)
Early Apr = Note 8 (wifi - US)
Early May = S4
Jun/Jul = Mega
 

congz22

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2009
Messages
88
Reaction score
0
According to Samsung Mobile Singapore's facebook page, the note 8.0 with LTE should be launching in Singapore in Q2. I feel that it would most probably be after S4, which means late may or june.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top