meaning I should get a new one instead to replace this faulty one? Anyway this 32GB version seems to be a problematic batch from Sandisk. I wasted my money on it since it is hard for me to find back my receipt to get a free replacement (if allowed in the first place).
What other brand is recommended? I don't think I will ever buy back Sandisk products. How about Samsung? Reliable and affordable/value for money?
Actually I'm thinking if I need a microsd card in the first place since I don't think I will fill up the space in my phone memory. I dun have much video files and mp3s, at most 10GB.
My only concern are photos files and at times when I need to hard reset/backup. E.g. if I want to hard reset when I am outside, how do I save my photos and mp3s? Looking for a workaround method though.
I had it with Sandisk cards when I was using my S3 LTE. Slow as hell despite all the fancy claims on the packaging, and I couldn't figure out why it was throwing weird errors all the time until I compared the thing with a spare no-name micro sd card that came with an old phone. The Sandisk card was a fraction of a millimeter thinner, causing it to intermittently lose contact with the S3's micro-sd slot, causing insane battery life drain every time contact returned because the S3 had to re-index all its files, and eventually causing errors to show up in the file system. Changed to a Sony micro sdcard and never had crap like that happen again. Much faster too, despite both being class 10 :/ Samsung's sd cards are also quite reputable, and seriously, a Samsung sd card ought to work well with a Samsung phone. It should make sense. Lol.
For me, besides the craptonne of media and documents that I load and transfer around on the sd card, I find the sd card is also really useful for making backups, especially of things like smses and call logs which can be transferred between phones when you switch phones. For photos, your camera should automatically detect the presence of the sd card and ask you whether you want to save photos to it or not. For existing photos and media, you'll probably have to copy them over manually. You can use the stock file browser for that. It seems to do a decent job of moving stuff around.