Samsung Note 3 Sudden Death

Candice Swanepoel

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2013
Messages
565
Reaction score
0
Actually seal or not seal, the Samsung sticker is they issue, so they take out and paste a new seal you also llst...

I change 1 to 1 s3 and note 2 is new set , refub not sure is like same as apple phone and box I mei different

Don't think so... Seal is manufacture seal... So no way to seal and unseal.. Not like the plastic wrapping that can be made with hairdryer...
 

ProGamer84

Banned
Joined
Feb 23, 2006
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
0
According to my friend, his exchanged box the sealed sticker part, have sticker pasted over sticker.

For me I used to exchange all the set it's brand new. Box of the seal didn't overlap it. And it's requested from the headquarters department...
 

ProGamer84

Banned
Joined
Feb 23, 2006
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
0
Now everywhere have stock... You get duped..

I reckoned at most your mobo get replaced

Everywhere got stock? Are you sure? It's black color I know. But for others color? You may not know... Even I check from vivo city they only black and a few stock.
 

ProGamer84

Banned
Joined
Feb 23, 2006
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
0
Don't think so... Seal is manufacture seal... So no way to seal and unseal.. Not like the plastic wrapping that can be made with hairdryer...

Simple manufacture seal and wrapping are very very different.. So play smart to know well. For wrapping by hairdryer it's very obviously to know... Nowadays laywer letters are very useful :s13:
 

kottty

Master Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2006
Messages
3,112
Reaction score
216
my colleague galaxy mega also sudden dead yesterday .bring to ssc diagnose is motherboard dead .
 

thermie

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 4, 2008
Messages
5,164
Reaction score
20
YOU ARE WRONG!!!

They do 1 to 1 exchange, this is what i know. as i encounter before..

As well, i when to make a exchange Brand New set Gear smartwatch. Approve, now waiting for my gear have stock...


its case by case basis... there is no exchange policy
 

ZhuTou!

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2008
Messages
37,694
Reaction score
1,444
mine bought from samsung under preorder also have double seal sticker
i noticed it when im collecting at the shop but i dun care anyway
as long the phone have no issue, it doesnt matter to me how many stickers are there

most important is the phone, why care about the stickers? :s11:
give u single seal sticker but problem phone also lanlan
also, why are u so sure that having more than 1 sticker is refurb set or phone that has problem?
dun assume, get the proof first before u carry on

i do understand that paying for a brand new phone price
u will expect to receive a brand new single seal phone
this is a common mindset for people
but dun assume the reason behind of the open set unless u have proof to sarpork ur statement

next time buy car, tell the sales exec that u wanna see the car unboxing moments and have 0 mileage on it hokay? :D
 

seller4

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
15,756
Reaction score
41
mine bought from samsung under preorder also have double seal sticker
i noticed it when im collecting at the shop but i dun care anyway
as long the phone have no issue, it doesnt matter to me how many stickers are there

most important is the phone, why care about the stickers? :s11:
give u single seal sticker but problem phone also lanlan
also, why are u so sure that having more than 1 sticker is refurb set or phone that has problem?
dun assume, get the proof first before u carry on

i do understand that paying for a brand new phone price
u will expect to receive a brand new single seal phone
this is a common mindset for people
but dun assume the reason behind of the open set unless u have proof to sarpork ur statement

next time buy car, tell the sales exec that u wanna see the car unboxing moments and have 0 mileage on it hokay? :D

This is what I know.

The lower seal is from Samsung itself. It is seal when the phone is packed outside of Singapore. The distributor of the phone in Singapore or Samsung Singapore will break the lower seal to paste the "Complies with IDA Standards" sticker in the battery compartment. It is a requirement from IDA. This also proves that the phone is a local set. Export set does not needs that sticker. The distributor or Samsung Singapore will then paste a new seal over the old seal to indicate the set is new and local. This explain the double seal sticker with the lower stick broken.
 
Last edited:

ZhuTou!

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2008
Messages
37,694
Reaction score
1,444
This is what I know.

The lower seal is from Samsung itself. It is seal when the phone is packed outside of Singapore. The distributor of the phone in Singapore or Samsung Singapore will break the lower seal to paste the "Complies with IDA Standards" sticker in the battery compartment. It is a requirement from IDA. This also proves that the phone is a local set. Export set does not needs that sticker. The distributor or Samsung Singapore will then paste a new seal over the old seal to indicate the set is new and local. This explain the double seal sticker with the lower stick broken.

make sense
actually last time i also heard before
for telco sets, they will open it and do something or install bloatware to the phone before selling
but its only a hearsay thing so i juz take it as an info :o
 

muddle

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2000
Messages
6,988
Reaction score
0
My s3 suddenly died late last year. It was eventually repaired but the confusion and time spent is priceless.

Off to greener pastures. Once bitten twice shy.
 

Qatarqa

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2013
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
I came from Note 1 to Note 2 and now Note 3. Early this year my Note 2 went for a replacement of motherboard because of sudden death.
I believe I am one of the first or maybe the first to have the sudden death issue for my 11 days old Note 3.
I will demand for a one to one exchange tomorrow at the service center first thing in the morning. I cannot believe this happen to me once again.

I have the same issue here
I bought my note3 n9005 at the day of release 15 sep
After three weeks i wake up morning and find that the phone dead !!
I went to dealer and ask them for full replacment but they refuse and just change the motherbord :(

To be honest iam an iphone user and its my first experince with android
Iam really disappoint
 

detonate

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2001
Messages
840
Reaction score
0
I have the same issue here
I bought my note3 n9005 at the day of release 15 sep
After three weeks i wake up morning and find that the phone dead !!
I went to dealer and ask them for full replacment but they refuse and just change the motherbord :(

To be honest iam an iphone user and its my first experince with android
Iam really disappoint

Registered an account to post this message?
:s22::s22::s22:
 

ZhuTou!

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2008
Messages
37,694
Reaction score
1,444
I have the same issue here
I bought my note3 n9005 at the day of release 15 sep
After three weeks i wake up morning and find that the phone dead !!
I went to dealer and ask them for full replacment but they refuse and just change the motherbord :(

To be honest iam an iphone user and its my first experince with android
Iam really disappoint

honestly changing a new motherboard is as good as a new phone
i would rather they change the board than giving me another phone
coz i wont know the other phone got other problem anot
like screen, speaker problem etc

previously u are an iphone user
u should know how their warranty works ;)
 
Last edited:

serlen

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2010
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Note 3 wasn't even release yet on 15 sep! :s13::s22:



Registered an account to post this message?
:s22::s22::s22:

I have the same issue here
I bought my note3 n9005 at the day of release 15 sep
After three weeks i wake up morning and find that the phone dead !!
I went to dealer and ask them for full replacment but they refuse and just change the motherbord :(

To be honest iam an iphone user and its my first experince with android
Iam really disappoint
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top