Samsung Note II LTE problem and issue

GeSteSoh

Master Member
Joined
May 27, 2010
Messages
3,474
Reaction score
1,007
I'm gonna collect mine at bugis tomorrow.... Will they gave me your spoilt unit and say it's brand new??

What color was your flickering unit?
 

imonkey

Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2008
Messages
183
Reaction score
0
Is there anyone there have this issue ?
Another to test is set the max and place the phone within ur viewing area n do not look at the phone... did u feel the phone screen flicking?
 

imonkey

Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2008
Messages
183
Reaction score
0
I'm gonna collect mine at bugis tomorrow.... Will they gave me your spoilt unit and say it's brand new??

What color was your flickering unit?

Not likely... as samsung sc told me there do not provide exchange... but shop definately will have the right to change with Samsung. .. the problem whether some one might got tge recon unit

Mine white one...
 

ipadxcell

Master Member
Joined
May 10, 2011
Messages
3,874
Reaction score
1
Every launch of a new phone comes with the same old set of problems over and over again.
 

imonkey

Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2008
Messages
183
Reaction score
0
Hi all... I had figured out the problem... its the "power saving" causing the flickering issue... I got this replacement unit... at the shop I tested okay... later I start setting up the other option, I turned on the power saver mode... today I saw the flicking issue, I switch off the power saving mode... screen doesnt flickering even at max brightness... its bug???
 
Last edited:

tikokia

Master Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2009
Messages
3,326
Reaction score
110
Hi all... I had figured out the problem... its the "power saving" causing the flickering issue... I got this replacement unit... at the shop I tested okay... later I start setting up the other option, I turned on the power saver mode... today I saw the flicking issue, I switch off the power saving mode... screen doesnt flickering even at max brightness... its bug???

lol.. so u made them give u new set for nothing hahaha:D
 

ProGamer84

Banned
Joined
Feb 23, 2006
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
0
Not likely... as samsung sc told me there do not provide exchange... but shop definately will have the right to change with Samsung. .. the problem whether some one might got tge recon unit

Mine white one...

You are wrong... I did 1 to 1 exchange brand new set for my n1 before. Just last week... It's just alots of pols dunno abt it... First of all u must call samsung hotline to request to 1to1 exchange. And of cos ur phone must go in service for few times. Uou want to is to them is ur problem... This is hw I make a change. But really my n1 got a lemon set..l
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,310
Reaction score
6,577
Brightness at 40%, at 0%, at 50%, at 80%, at 100%..... doesn't matter. As long as there is screen flicker, you can send in.

And Note II have this issue?? I know a couple of S3 have it...
 

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2004
Messages
13,834
Reaction score
2,279
I tested both of my sets.. Set to max brightness, set whatever power saving, no sign of flickering.. Perfect, set are both "Made in Korea" by Samsung..
 

imonkey

Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2008
Messages
183
Reaction score
0
I tested both of my sets.. Set to max brightness, set whatever power saving, no sign of flickering.. Perfect, set are both "Made in Korea" by Samsung..

Hmm.. after I turn off the power saving mode... problem solved.
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,310
Reaction score
6,577
Flickering is best seen on white background and will be pretty obvious. Whatsapp is one of them to test out.
 

zong76

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2004
Messages
93
Reaction score
0
Hi all... I had figured out the problem... its the "power saving" causing the flickering issue... I got this replacement unit... at the shop I tested okay... later I start setting up the other option, I turned on the power saver mode... today I saw the flicking issue, I switch off the power saving mode... screen doesnt flickering even at max brightness... its bug???

Hi,

Set Brightness to max, ON power save. No such issue. The only issue i had was the Software error: Home Touch Wiz had stopped error occurred a few times.
Other than that, battery seems to be holding on well, FB, online games, whatsapp etc. From morning till now still got 52%.
 

mosprockett

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2012
Messages
1,167
Reaction score
23
Imonkey nothing wrong with phone then you went to change?

power saving mode affects screen refresh rate. don't believe you try surfing the forums. Then you scroll up and down quickly, you will notice jerky refresh of the text moving up and down the screen likely due to and screen refresh being adjusted.

switch off power saving all will be okay and super smooth.

its a feature of the phone la

suggest don't bother with power saving mode and just enjoy the full power of the phone. The battery is more than enough to last without power saving.

its like you buy Ferrari but never enjoy the acceleration power so you can save 10pct fuel.
 
Last edited:

Kopi_Lui

Master Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
2,730
Reaction score
9
Hi all... I had figured out the problem... its the "power saving" causing the flickering issue... I got this replacement unit... at the shop I tested okay... later I start setting up the other option, I turned on the power saver mode... today I saw the flicking issue, I switch off the power saving mode... screen doesnt flickering even at max brightness... its bug???

think i heard about this issue from my friend using s3
 

JAson1980

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
43,410
Reaction score
3,120
I dont set it to max, there function called "auto" brightness. When your phone on bright area, the phone will auto tune it to max, that how i discover the problem. As you paid 1k for this phone, you want this phone work for you not you adjust yourself for the phone... the flicking really cause very annoying.

dude, imo, auto brightness is damn irritating.
 

NineNineNine

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2001
Messages
1,903
Reaction score
0
There is this cool feature when you put the Note 2 on standby, then bring your palm to the top to shade the sensor (blue LED blinks) and the top of the screen glows and some info on missed calls and emails, and % charge, is shown. Try it!

TS - you not referring to this glowing right? Because sometimes when I leave the Note 2 on the table and the light changes, the glow comes on on its own. I thought it's quite cool that it attracts attention this way.
 

Jingxuan02

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2012
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
There is this cool feature when you put the Note 2 on standby, then bring your palm to the top to shade the sensor (blue LED blinks) and the top of the screen glows and some info on missed calls and emails, and % charge, is shown. Try it!

TS - you not referring to this glowing right? Because sometimes when I leave the Note 2 on the table and the light changes, the glow comes on on its own. I thought it's quite cool that it attracts attention this way.


Can advise how you do it? I dun seems to have this feature you talking about le?? What have you set? I am so new to Android phone and is still trying my best to digest it. But happy that I hoot to N2:s13::s13:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top