Samsung Trade up

chipsetboy

Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2003
Messages
291
Reaction score
1
Hi All

anyone trade in their note 8 under Samsung trade up?

Any Feedback on the procedure and trade in price?

thanks
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,128
Reaction score
13,166
Hi All

anyone trade in their note 8 under Samsung trade up?

Any Feedback on the procedure and trade in price?

thanks

Quite a few did it during the Note 9 pre-order period, can do a quick search in that thread. :)
 

yhscsl

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2016
Messages
49
Reaction score
0
I traded in my one year old S8+ though. Samsung trade up showed $400. Courier man picked up from my residence two days later. Examined and said the screen has discoloration,a common issue with samsung phone and price may differs.
Over the weekend, received email fron brightstar saying they honouring the $400 quotation and will be remitted into my given bank account. Fast and efficient
 

Sidler

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2001
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
291
S8+ for 400 is inclusive of the extra note 9's 100 promotion?

My S7e is 200+100.

Anyway, my point is I'm surprised an S8+'s trade in value is only $100 more than S7E.
 
Last edited:

kimsix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2009
Messages
20,373
Reaction score
10,231
got full value too, cash in from anz, not bad it works.

i wonder what they plan do with our phones without the power charger?
 

finclk82

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2006
Messages
803
Reaction score
12
Anyone still using this trade up promo? They have one now for the s10 and s10+ purchases
 

continuum

Senior Member
Joined
May 21, 2011
Messages
806
Reaction score
13
I went to the Samsung Experience Store at 313 and asked about the Trade Up promotion. The staff (a few of them) were quite dismissive. They were just chatting among themselves, ignoring customers. I left feeling a little pissed.
 

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
20,535
Reaction score
6,441
I went to the Samsung Experience Store at 313 and asked about the Trade Up promotion. The staff (a few of them) were quite dismissive. They were just chatting among themselves, ignoring customers. I left feeling a little pissed.

stop doing tradeup since they said my screen have burn in... and quote me $100+ ... Go sell to phone shop u get > $300 + depends what phone you are selling
 

jazzz

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
616
Reaction score
5
Just traded a S8 for $300 for A70 with RedWhite. They also mentioned screen has discoloration, but after I remove the screen protection everything is fine.
 
Last edited:

newcell

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2007
Messages
10,441
Reaction score
2,070
I went to the Samsung Experience Store at 313 and asked about the Trade Up promotion. The staff (a few of them) were quite dismissive. They were just chatting among themselves, ignoring customers. I left feeling a little pissed.

Is like that when business doing well. They forgotten during their struggling days with Duo handset.
 

Glariel

Banned
Joined
Feb 21, 2018
Messages
26,716
Reaction score
2,032
Not worth in my opinion.
S8 is a flagship while A70 is midrange

S8 still performs better than A70

Just traded a S8 for $300 for A70 with RedWhite. They also mentioned screen has discoloration, but after I remove the screen protection everything is fine.
 

tutonic

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2010
Messages
1,199
Reaction score
10
Something to remember. The A (or midrange of most brands) range of phones don't have nfc, iirc. So cannot use a lot of features.
 

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2005
Messages
5,867
Reaction score
588
Dont know why some folks so hard up about and like to assume everybody gives a damn about owning a flagship, no less buy a flagship for above $1k just for gaming.

Yar sure maybe s8 can still be considered "flagship" by today's standards but if other people want to trade up their 2 year old s8 for a mid ranger then its their business. And for the specs you are getting with price you pay, the A70 is one of the best in the market if you are looking for large screen and large battery.

Different folks different needs. That's why different market segments exist to cater to different people.
 

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2013
Messages
6,638
Reaction score
616
I only use flagships.
I don’t use mid range phones
can you kope other people's picture of their Rolex and created a thread in edmw to haolian that it's yours.. and kena sexposed within the first page lmao

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
 

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2013
Messages
6,638
Reaction score
616
Something to remember. The A (or midrange of most brands) range of phones don't have nfc, iirc. So cannot use a lot of features.
the 2018 A9 model had NFC..
Not worth in my opinion.
S8 is a flagship while A70 is midrange

S8 still performs better than A70
daft.. I still have my S7 edge lying someone in my room.. so by your definition, that S7 edge being the flagship S line, would be still superior that the A70/A80 now?
hahaha really daft.. :s13:

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
 

linuskltan

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
506
Reaction score
24
I was initially quoted Samsung S8 for $210+$200 when I requested for Samsung Trade Up. Now Brightstar informed me of a revised quote $63+$200 due to "internal screen damage i.e. screen flickering, discolouration, no display, vertical line(s), dead pixels, etc."
Edit: apparently my screen had discolouration...

I wasn't aware my screen had any issues.

Any suggestions or advice what I should do now? Can't trade-in at telco anymore...
 
Last edited:

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2013
Messages
6,638
Reaction score
616
I was initially quoted Samsung S8 for $210+$200 when I requested for Samsung Trade Up. Now Brightstar informed me of a revised quote $63+$200 due to "internal screen damage i.e. screen flickering, discolouration, no display, vertical line(s), dead pixels, etc."

I wasn't aware my screen had any issues.

Any suggestions or advice what I should do now? Can't trade-in at telco anymore...
sell to ah beng shop?

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top