SCB SingPost/Spree Card

jentang

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2013
Messages
1,085
Reaction score
169
Good luck. This card's annual waiver is one of the hardest to waive even if you hit the waiver spent amount.

thanks...deep inside me there was a slight concern of not getting it waived, so I want to 'prepare' as much as possible ahead... :)
 

kelvinkezz

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2004
Messages
1,112
Reaction score
65
On the contrary, I feel that annual fees for SCB is the easiest to waive especially when u can do it over the automated phone service. Me and my wife got the fees waived year after year.

Good luck. This card's annual waiver is one of the hardest to waive even if you hit the waiver spent amount.
 

jentang

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2013
Messages
1,085
Reaction score
169
Really? Then I must be damn unlucky. First time rejected. Appeal rejected. Told themthat we met the spending for the waiver then they finally agree and said due to goodwill. Not willing to follow their rules. Second time, automated system approve but did not appear in the ibanking at all. Called them they say can't see anything. After a few days sent msg through ibanking then say they have just approved it.

On the contrary, I feel that annual fees for SCB is the easiest to waive especially when u can do it over the automated phone service. Me and my wife got the fees waived year after year.
 

hyperbole

Master Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2004
Messages
3,938
Reaction score
209
Good luck. This card's annual waiver is one of the hardest to waive even if you hit the waiver spent amount.

Just curious, what is actually the amount we need to spend for waiver?

My waiver request to SCB was as easy as DBS. Just call in and use the automated system and got waiver on the spot. It even waived for the other cards that didn't have annual fee due yet
 

Myu~sun

Master Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2007
Messages
3,495
Reaction score
26
Previous few months my cash back all max at $60 as I spend alot on qoo10 . But my last statement cashback became $50 odds. So be like what you all mention not 7% . Called them up they mention will recalculate the cash back and return me a call . So waiting for their call now
 

jentang

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2013
Messages
1,085
Reaction score
169
I think it's 8k or 10k, can't rem exactly now but there was a website that states the amount and I also confirmed with the CSO that time. Lazy to log in to check the msg for exact amt.

Just curious, what is actually the amount we need to spend for waiver?

My waiver request to SCB was as easy as DBS. Just call in and use the automated system and got waiver on the spot. It even waived for the other cards that didn't have annual fee due yet
 

Z_Dash

Master Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2001
Messages
4,636
Reaction score
253
So can I still use this card for online payment of my road tax in one motoring and get the 7% cash rebate if I hit the 600 bucks minimum spending?

Confirm eligible based on my bill received yesterday........I just renewed my road tax and checked online 7% was awarded for this transaction.
 

clearsky7

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
1,997
Reaction score
794
starhub bills no more rebate for 7%?

My M1 bill still have 7% leh.
And also, this is the first time in several months that I don't need to call in to request for cash back adjustments. Cashback for my Qoo10 purchases and giftcards seems in order.
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
My M1 bill still have 7% leh.
And also, this is the first time in several months that I don't need to call in to request for cash back adjustments. Cashback for my Qoo10 purchases and giftcards seems in order.

M1 no issue. Issue is for singtel and starhub.
 

Z_Dash

Master Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2001
Messages
4,636
Reaction score
253
Wa heng I on M1.

Their rules and regulations prata like free sia.

Singpost still my favorite after BOC family card.

I think it's good we could have a consolidation for daily spending item which card yields rebates actually.
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
Singtel and Starhub still considered offline? :(

Think so, at least few days ago people did not get 3x point on dbs live fresh. Not so certain now, not even sure if singtel/starhub or scb is doing anything about it.
 

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2013
Messages
9,671
Reaction score
1,382
They got say if it is out of goodwill or if they are fixing the issue?

last month, my email appeal was rejected initially. Called CSO who gave reasons that SH not online, codes assigned by VISA blah blah blah .. one of the stubbornest CSO I encountered.

Then i requested for a CS Mgr to call me back.

CSM asked if it's re-current. I said no & told him I do it online, with OTP, whenever I feel like doing it, & transact whatever amount I want to, with whichever CC I choose. He said then it's not recurrent & I got the shortfall credited.

CSM also noted other cases & that they are looking into it. Did not say it's goodwill, neither was it a fix.

This month, I also did not get 7%. :(

This month, prepared to go through the above again. :(:(
 

Allen_C_Sharp

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2013
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
0
Why not use -1% for st/SH and only use it for m1 to save the hassle? Time spent on those emails with SCB not worth the effort, find them not that efficient as dbs in mail.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top