SD card unexpected removed on Note 4

aristein

Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2003
Messages
223
Reaction score
0
Had been having this SD Card unexpected removed (Sandisk) on Note 4 on my Galaxy Note 4, i have tried all methods such as unmount sd card, reformat the sd card etc but this error still exist, anyone has any solution on this?
 

ahbard

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2007
Messages
18,344
Reaction score
2,605
Most likely SD card up lorry. Like wat happened on my N2.
 

tikokia

Master Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2009
Messages
3,326
Reaction score
110
try it on a card reader see if can still read thru computer. if cannot means gg new card liao

so far the only brand of sd cards most problems with samsung is sandisk, other brands not so many issues, and esp 32gb de
 

aristein

Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2003
Messages
223
Reaction score
0
try it on a card reader see if can still read thru computer. if cannot means gg new card liao

so far the only brand of sd cards most problems with samsung is sandisk, other brands not so many issues, and esp 32gb de


I am able to read the card on other device and pc too, just that when use with note 4 gave me this problem, maybe sandisk not compatible with samsung, might try samsung sd card, hope this problem will stop, sigh
 

RequiemDK

Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
400
Reaction score
0
Happened to me before on my old S3 LTE. I realized there was a particular batch of Sandisk cards that were very slightly thinner than usual, and would pop in and out of the SD card slot in the phone. Stop using the card in the phone if that's the case, because it will eventually lead to data corruption, and (most importantly for me) completely tank your battery life because the phone keeps scanning for media files every time the card is dismounted and remounted.

I'll second the observation that it seems like Sandisk cards are the most problematic with Samsung phones. I use a couple of cards, a Samsung Pro, a Strontium Nitro, and some generic Sony class 10 card, and none of them ever gave me problems. On the other hand, I used a Sandisk Extreme for a while and it promptly died on me, taking my entire mobile media library with it =.=
 

SKinny86

Master Member
Joined
May 30, 2004
Messages
3,466
Reaction score
304
Go get a Samsung SD card from challenger. Most likely urs is a SanDisk?
 

xjasonz

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 11, 2004
Messages
7,641
Reaction score
1
16gb Samsung Class 6 going at 9.90 for members at Challenger. Using it nw for my N4. No problems so far
 

symbiote28

Master Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2006
Messages
2,602
Reaction score
220
I read somewhere that you have to format it to a FAT32. My brother is currently having the same issue.
 

aristein

Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2003
Messages
223
Reaction score
0
Thanks for all the feedback, in that case I will changed to Samsung card, many thanks again
 

Apparatus

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 27, 2005
Messages
58,306
Reaction score
13,848
Re

I just got the error on my Sandisk card as well especially when the Note 4 wakes up after it automatically went to sleep for say 5 minutes. Once it connects to a network the issue will go away

Also, need to press the home button a few times before the phone can wake up from its sleep

Got these problems after updated firmware to latest build number NJ4

Don't have such problems before the latest firmware update
 
Last edited:

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
I just got the error on my Sandisk card as well especially when the Note 4 wakes up after it automatically went to sleep for say 5 minutes. Once it connects to a network the issue will go away

Also, need to press the home button a few times before the phone can wake up from its sleep

Got these problems after updated firmware to latest build number NJ4

Don't have such problems before the latest firmware update

u might have some corrupted files. I suggest u do a cache wipe to see if it helps.

I make it a habit to wipe cache every time i update firmware. so far i'm please with nj4, nothing hiccup..
 

jianrong

Master Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2006
Messages
2,532
Reaction score
78
u might have some corrupted files. I suggest u do a cache wipe to see if it helps.

I make it a habit to wipe cache every time i update firmware. so far i'm please with nj4, nothing hiccup..

How to wipe cache?
 

Apparatus

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 27, 2005
Messages
58,306
Reaction score
13,848
Re

u might have some corrupted files. I suggest u do a cache wipe to see if it helps.

I make it a habit to wipe cache every time i update firmware. so far i'm please with nj4, nothing hiccup..


OK wipe the cache but the problems still persist. Before updating to latest firmware no problem. So problems definitely lie with latest firmware
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
OK wipe the cache but the problems still persist. Before updating to latest firmware no problem. So problems definitely lie with latest firmware

ur last resort is a factory reset. it's not the firmware, but occasionally some people get such corruption while updating. i got it before and it happened at random times.
 

Apparatus

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 27, 2005
Messages
58,306
Reaction score
13,848
Re

ur last resort is a factory reset. it's not the firmware, but occasionally some people get such corruption while updating. i got it before and it happened at random times.

Ok problem solved.

Finally, did a factory reset but problems still persist.

Took out my SANDISK microSD card, transferred out all the contents and re-format it. After that transferred back all the contents and insert back into the Note 4 and ALL problems gone!

I think the next time I'll remove the microSD card before upgrading the firmware.


:D
 

Alkamizt

Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2001
Messages
257
Reaction score
0
My personal experience with Sandisk cards has not been good. I had 2 64gb microsd cards literally burnt out when using it in Note 1 and Note 2. They went completely dead when I transferred them into the device from other androids. Also, Sandisk 32gb microsd doesn't work properly with my car DVR. All these problems disappeared when I switch to Samsung microsd.

But I'm using the Sandisk 128gb on my Note 4 now, for the lack of better alternatives. Keeping my fingers crossed.
 

animeonegai

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2003
Messages
20,890
Reaction score
2,061
Apparently my s3 have this issue too. My sd used a china phone or galaxy tab and it can read and work.

My current sd card has issues with my galaxy s3. It will time to time become corrupted. (1~3 months once)

However, right after i switch to using redmi note, the sd card hasnt been giving me any issues at all!...

It is very likely to be samsung phones that has batch issues with the card reader it uses on the phones. This is the conclusion i have come up with. I tried using other phones and my card can be read. All except samsung phones...
 

posn75

Master Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2003
Messages
2,828
Reaction score
0
stopped reading after the word Sandisk.. its a sorry excuse for a low class brand..
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top