firsttimebuyer
Master Member
- Joined
- Sep 18, 2015
- Messages
- 4,612
- Reaction score
- 1,016
Hi all, I need some help.
In my full-time civilian day job, i was "drafted", by my company's management, into this quasi civil defence scheme that practices mobilization and exercises, like SAF does for NSMen.
In this civil defence scheme, the very type of scenarios and situation in which we are mobilized, are also the very exact type of scenarios that will result in me getting mobilized by my unit. I am not talking about advance call-up or notification of ICT or reservist duties but unannounced, shock/sudden mobilization.
So in effect, I am called up to 2 same places at the same time.
I have been trying to get out of this "quasi civil defence scheme" that my company manages (I cannot reveal more details than that because there are repercussions), due to severe health issues.
Unfortunately, whenever i raised this health issue, the people-in-charge just throw the whole thing back at me, saying that i need to resolve this with my own line managers and not only that, but also find a one-for-one replacement, something that is politically unfeasible ("politically" in the sense of office politics), which is because it is a saikang job.
I understand that what I am saying doesn't make sense, because the context matters but I really can't reveal more details or it would be really obvious which organization I am working for. Unfortunately, that is the reality I am in.
Of course, if my line managers support me, I can bring this up. But unfortunately, things are not simple, and I fear they will resent me for bringing up this complication. Which will affect my performance appraisal. In the worst case scenario, I am condemned and force to leave the company.
So far, i have tried asking my officer (in my NS unit) for help, to see if OC can draft a letter saying that my duties in mobilization take precedence but....radio silence from my officer.........then I tried asking NS department from help but they don't seem to understand......
Has anyone here had ever tried getting a letter from MINDEF saying that NSMen duties take precedence over all other matters?
In my full-time civilian day job, i was "drafted", by my company's management, into this quasi civil defence scheme that practices mobilization and exercises, like SAF does for NSMen.
In this civil defence scheme, the very type of scenarios and situation in which we are mobilized, are also the very exact type of scenarios that will result in me getting mobilized by my unit. I am not talking about advance call-up or notification of ICT or reservist duties but unannounced, shock/sudden mobilization.
So in effect, I am called up to 2 same places at the same time.
I have been trying to get out of this "quasi civil defence scheme" that my company manages (I cannot reveal more details than that because there are repercussions), due to severe health issues.
Unfortunately, whenever i raised this health issue, the people-in-charge just throw the whole thing back at me, saying that i need to resolve this with my own line managers and not only that, but also find a one-for-one replacement, something that is politically unfeasible ("politically" in the sense of office politics), which is because it is a saikang job.
I understand that what I am saying doesn't make sense, because the context matters but I really can't reveal more details or it would be really obvious which organization I am working for. Unfortunately, that is the reality I am in.
Of course, if my line managers support me, I can bring this up. But unfortunately, things are not simple, and I fear they will resent me for bringing up this complication. Which will affect my performance appraisal. In the worst case scenario, I am condemned and force to leave the company.
So far, i have tried asking my officer (in my NS unit) for help, to see if OC can draft a letter saying that my duties in mobilization take precedence but....radio silence from my officer.........then I tried asking NS department from help but they don't seem to understand......
Has anyone here had ever tried getting a letter from MINDEF saying that NSMen duties take precedence over all other matters?
Last edited: