Share how u control yr kids please

mummy1234

Banned
Joined
Jan 30, 2014
Messages
17,103
Reaction score
31
I have having difficulty controlling my kids sometimes.

One boy 10 and the other 14.

Can share parenting tips?

Don't wish to invoke beyond parental control one day. Then the boys will be sent to Boys home. Prison for young kids.
 
Joined
Jun 10, 2013
Messages
77,249
Reaction score
59
I have having difficulty controlling my kids sometimes.

One boy 10 and the other 14.

Can share parenting tips?

Don't wish to invoke beyond parental control one day. Then the boys will be sent to Boys home. Prison for young kids.

cannot control
can only enlighten their minds:s13::s13:
I ask what my crown prince wants to do,took him a long period of time to consider carefully and form his own ideas:)
 

sunbear71

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2017
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
My boys 14&12. I treat them like kites... sometime let go, sometimes tighten. Company them as much as i can. Told them I want to be part of their life and ask them to share their story with me... however it is never easy.
 

mummy1234

Banned
Joined
Jan 30, 2014
Messages
17,103
Reaction score
31
My boys 14&12. I treat them like kites... sometime let go, sometimes tighten. Company them as much as i can. Told them I want to be part of their life and ask them to share their story with me... however it is never easy.

Yeah, parenting is not easy. Thinking of attending my Church's parenting seminar next week for some divine guidance...🙂
 

freshvibes

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2009
Messages
32,869
Reaction score
7,673
Some kids are just too difficult to handle. Got to have more patience with them.
 

BrOwnTeddy

Banned
Joined
Sep 18, 2012
Messages
41,580
Reaction score
5,731
I have having difficulty controlling my kids sometimes.

One boy 10 and the other 14.

Can share parenting tips?

Don't wish to invoke beyond parental control one day. Then the boys will be sent to Boys home. Prison for young kids.

You CANNOT control your kids when they are of that age.

They are humans, not animals, not robots.

And may I ask, who was the one dishing out the lessons in discipline, behaviour, motivation and responsibility consistently and on a daily basis showing them consistent and proper examples when both of your sons are 1 to 6yrs old? And have you been COMMUNICATING to them properly from Day 0? When I am talking about communicating, I mean giving them a voice as well. Not "I talk You Listen cos I am Your Mother" nonsense.

You? Your husband? Your MIL? Your Mum?
 
Last edited:

BrOwnTeddy

Banned
Joined
Sep 18, 2012
Messages
41,580
Reaction score
5,731
Yeah, parenting is not easy. Thinking of attending my Church's parenting seminar next week for some divine guidance...🙂
God help those that help themselves.

Your God, Pastor or Deacon cannot cast 'good behaviour' magic on them and they will 'become good' overnight and literally listen to you. Unless some mind control drug is being administered.

Because there's no such thing in the first place.
 
Joined
Nov 4, 2019
Messages
424
Reaction score
0
Aiya whoever posted this.... my humble 2 cents is, by the way you asked the question, you're already in my opinion, on the wrong page, on the wrong track.

The fact that you feel like they need to be controlled, it means they're not listening to you/you're struggling in your communication with them. maybe you're by nature the traditional parent type.

I am telling u, the days of traditional parenting are almost over. look at millennials now and imagine the incoming newer generations. Yes, give them a voice and make them feel validated FIRST. THEN they will feel like you're on the same page as them. Anyhow throw ur authority to make them listen to u, it would just come off as outdated, totalitarian.

Easier said than done. most parents will think they shouldn't 'stoop' to a mere child's mindset to see it from their 'childish' perspective.
 

invigo79

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2008
Messages
65,918
Reaction score
11,405
girls easier meh?
Based on my personal observation, girls are easier when they are young but more difficult when they get older.

Important thing is to make sure they dont mix with the wrong crowd and make sure they have the correct moral upbringing since young.

Sent from Home using GAGT
 

mummy1234

Banned
Joined
Jan 30, 2014
Messages
17,103
Reaction score
31
Sent my maid home, gonna try to split the household chores amongst us instead.

Think it is good to make my boys learn responsibility.

Make them be independent, do the chores to earn their pocket money.

They have got to learn that money doesn't drop from the sky and they have to work for it.
 

jeffrey745

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2008
Messages
12,765
Reaction score
1,590
Parent control sld be done at a young age.... From wad i observed as a teacher, many students lack the necessary they need at home from parents... And that's just for pri sch students...
 

lovemuffins

Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2016
Messages
194
Reaction score
1
I would say..not control and dun ever do that. I think for me I try to be friends with my children when they are that age. Mine are still young now so I set limits and choices. Be clear in your instructions And if u want them to do the things u want them to do, give incentives and also withdraw privileges. Be realistic at the things you want them to do too, dun over expect.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top