Share how u control yr kids please

keenklee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2000
Messages
19,445
Reaction score
6,797
Parent control sld be done at a young age.... From wad i observed as a teacher, many students lack the necessary they need at home from parents... And that's just for pri sch students...

IMHO.
Perhaps students spend less time at home.
Teachers, some of whom are parents, spend more time in school ?
If many as you pointed out, then it becomes a norm.
Perhaps that is why MOE is focusing on CCE for lower primary.

Not sure how many believe - "Oran a azu nwa"
 

keenklee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2000
Messages
19,445
Reaction score
6,797
I would say..not control and dun ever do that. I think for me I try to be friends with my children when they are that age. Mine are still young now so I set limits and choices. Be clear in your instructions And if u want them to do the things u want them to do, give incentives and also withdraw privileges. Be realistic at the things you want them to do too, dun over expect.

IMHO.
Control may be defined as - to order, limit, or rule something, or someone's actions or behaviour
 

lovemuffins

Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2016
Messages
194
Reaction score
1
IMHO.
Control may be defined as - to order, limit, or rule something, or someone's actions or behaviour

I find limit is say limiting the choices like eg give 3 choices and narrowing down to 2 lol but each their own la. As for actions and behaviour parents should display the behaviour you want your children to learn. You see your child is looking at you as their 1st role model.
 

lovemuffins

Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2016
Messages
194
Reaction score
1
IMHO.
Control may be defined as - to order, limit, or rule something, or someone's actions or behaviour

And I said control not to the older children if u understand me. I prefer befriending them. But as I said my chin still v young now I set limits and give choices instead.
 

Aaron_soh80

Banned
Joined
Aug 12, 2013
Messages
33,383
Reaction score
2,228
I have having difficulty controlling my kids sometimes.

One boy 10 and the other 14.

Can share parenting tips?

Don't wish to invoke beyond parental control one day. Then the boys will be sent to Boys home. Prison for young kids.

control? U think they still small kids?
 

Blixtelf

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2020
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
I have having difficulty controlling my kids sometimes.

One boy 10 and the other 14.

Can share parenting tips?

Don't wish to invoke beyond parental control one day. Then the boys will be sent to Boys home. Prison for young kids.
At that age, they are determined to be independent. Let them have a chance to make decisions, plan activities, involve them and set boundaries within your limits. It cannot just be i say, u listen and do, especially for the elder in his teenage years. The younger boy most probably follows the elder bro.
 

Taloona

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2018
Messages
6,243
Reaction score
3,236
Sent my maid home, gonna try to split the household chores amongst us instead.

Think it is good to make my boys learn responsibility.

Make them be independent, do the chores to earn their pocket money.

They have got to learn that money doesn't drop from the sky and they have to work for it.

Household chores should be done by everyone in the family without giving any incentives, why should the kids get money for doing chores? They don't live in the house?

Cooking is a useful skill so should start your children young. Even a three year old can help you to peel boiled eggs or pluck off the roots of bean sprouts.
 

9eptember18

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2021
Messages
43
Reaction score
5
My parents will beat me to control me. Also no privacy in the house, they read my mail (I'm 27 now), my emails and make decisions for me from young (clothes, food, university degree to study, CCA).
 

BrOwnTeddy

Banned
Joined
Sep 18, 2012
Messages
41,580
Reaction score
5,731
My parents will beat me to control me. Also no privacy in the house, they read my mail (I'm 27 now), my emails and make decisions for me from young (clothes, food, university degree to study, CCA).
Shift out.

Live your own life.
 

mickey88

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2008
Messages
7,766
Reaction score
1,952
I will show them my imperial sword..tested n proven work better than scolding
 

matey1982

Banned
Joined
Oct 22, 2018
Messages
64,586
Reaction score
14,919
My parents will beat me to control me. Also no privacy in the house, they read my mail (I'm 27 now), my emails and make decisions for me from young (clothes, food, university degree to study, CCA).

that sounds really micro manage to the anal level
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top