Singlife Account

ljungberger

Reaction score
Anyone knows where the withdrawal option is now with the app update with AVIVA? Can't find anywhere to withdraw

sansanjikikut

Master Member
Reaction score
- Extended both the 'Save, Spend, Earn' and 'Grow Bonus Return' campaigns till end of the year
- Full withdrawals from Grow to Singlife Account is now possible
- Fixed Amex payment flow issues

ysyj48

Reaction score
any idea how to close the acct? i want to withdraw everthg and close... the interest rate not attractive anymore. read thru the faq on their website but doesnt say how to terminate the acct

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
any idea how to close the acct? i want to withdraw everthg and close... the interest rate not attractive anymore. read thru the faq on their website but doesnt say how to terminate the acct
Click manage account and then terminate

silverbomb

Master Member
Reaction score
if you have $100 to spare, just leave it inside to keep the account active.

there comes a day where interest rates increases and decreases, past 1-2 years was a bad interest environment but singlife may come revisiting the interest rates higher (who knows). the only issue is that because these are operated like policy per se, once you terminate aka "surrender" the policy, you may or may not be able to reopen the account. some accounts such like Singlife and Gigantiq has clauses that says that they may not allow you to reopen an account with them in future.

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if you have $100 to spare, just leave it inside to keep the account active.

there comes a day where interest rates increases and decreases, past 1-2 years was a bad interest environment but singlife may come revisiting the interest rates higher (who knows). the only issue is that because these are operated like policy per se, once you terminate aka "surrender" the policy, you may or may not be able to reopen the account. some accounts such like Singlife and Gigantiq has clauses that says that they may not allow you to reopen an account with them in future.
Good suggestion. There was a time they freeze opening of new accounts.

sansanjikikut

Master Member
Reaction score
Multiplier and singlife has not improved the rates so far. It’s all on downward trend since both products inception afaik. Correct me if I’m wrong..

chopra

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Multiplier and singlife has not improved the rates so far. It’s all on downward trend since both products inception afaik. Correct me if I’m wrong..

banks already lag net interest margin, let alone insurance and second order companies and products
. i think it will only go up after ocbc 360, uob 1 , dbs mutiplier, bonussaver etc improve their savings rates

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

saintgtril

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, i think otherwise. They offer one of the highest interests (1.0% + 0.5% for debit spend) with not much strings attached + flexibility to withdraw, though their apps is still not up to standard. Lol.

cassowary18

Reaction score
Singaporeans love to hoard cash. So if the interest rate go down they LLST still keep their money in the bank account. Plus interest rates are still considered low.

The other thing also is that Singaporeans like to shift their money around to whichever bank has the highest interest rate. Maybe that will push banks to offer better interest rates.

Hopefully bank/insurance savings plan interest rates go up when Fed hikes rates. Otherwise I'll shift my emergency funds to SSB.

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Singaporeans love to hoard cash. So if the interest rate go down they LLST still keep their money in the bank account. Plus interest rates are still considered low.

The other thing also is that Singaporeans like to shift their money around to whichever bank has the highest interest rate. Maybe that will push banks to offer better interest rates.

Hopefully bank/insurance savings plan interest rates go up when Fed hikes rates. Otherwise I'll shift my emergency funds to SSB.
Only some Singaporeans like to shift funds. Majority too lazy or ignorant. Around all my family and friends, only another friend and me shift funds to get the highest possible interest. The rest just stay put even if interest is low. 😅

Like this kind of Singlife $10,000, they will say forget it.

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Only some Singaporeans like to shift funds. Majority too lazy or ignorant. Around all my family and friends, only another friend and me shift funds to get the highest possible interest. The rest just stay put even if interest is low. 😅

Like this kind of Singlife $10,000, they will say forget it.
Although now shifting of funds is easy with a few taps there are administration hassle for some ppl. They may have multiple bank acct maybe in different FD and they need make sure once shift out still meet minimum balance for those that got such rules etc

E.g this is for 10k they will calculate this 10k I stay put in existing bank acct how much I lose out. If it is so small they rather forget the hassle to shift here and there.

If Singlife can extend the 10k limit of up to 1% interest to 100k or higher for that interest I am sure ppl will shift in despite the hassle. I know I will.

Last edited:

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If Singlife can extend the 10k limit of up to 1% interest to 100k or higher for that interest I am sure ppl will shift in despite the hassle. I know I will.
Some will not because they will say Singlife not a bank so they worried. Plus some people especially elderly prefer to go in person to branch.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.