Singpass App on Custom ROMs

SkyShroud

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2005
Messages
21,056
Reaction score
1,513
I'm still unable to get this Magisk Overlayfs to work.
  • kinesis Kernel r7.5, Redmi Note 9 Pro Global, MIUI 14 (A12), KSU 11413
  • uninstalled KSU unmount modules, reboot
  • added export DO_UNMOUNT_KSU=true to mode.sh, double checked /data/adb/modules/magisk_overlayfs/mode.sh after reboot
  • disabled root for termux, mount | grep -i ksu still shows a lot
  • Singpass app unable to work
  • manual unmount with nsenter -t 1 -m shoverlayfs_system --unmount-ksu but mount | grep -i ksu still shows a lot
  • revert to old KSU unmount modules for now, Singpass app works again

Magic overlay is not use to hide your mount point. I use that to combine with other modules to modify hosts file properly,
 

IOKNEE

Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2011
Messages
227
Reaction score
48
Magic overlay is not use to hide your mount point. I use that to combine with other modules to modify hosts file properly,
I see, my bad.
I also want to be able to modify hosts file directly, but how can I hide the mount points?
 

Jerry91

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2005
Messages
19
Reaction score
10
I don't dare to take transport with this. The last time I did, can tap in, cannot tap out!!!:eek:

LL pay max charge
Happened to me a few times 😆.

But if I am not wrong, using the physical card of the linked digital wallet card could work too to tap out? I think I tried that when it happened. Unless they made some updates.
 

IOKNEE

Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2011
Messages
227
Reaction score
48
I don't dare to take transport with this. The last time I did, can tap in, cannot tap out!!!:eek:

LL pay max charge
There's a time I lost my bank card and I had to use my phone as EzLink card for a while. I'm not sure if it's my phone or GPay app or just me not familiar with tapping using phone, but I took about 5sec to tap in at the MRT station, compared with 2sec when using bank card. There's a loud "tsk!" sound from behind me, and I was so scared and I don't date to use phone to tap on bus or train anymore.
 

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2009
Messages
21,988
Reaction score
11,568
I don't dare to take transport with this. The last time I did, can tap in, cannot tap out!!!:eek:

LL pay max charge
I am about to fully migrate from my old phone to doing this. I guess I should have a physical card on standby just in case this happens, or if Play Integrity gets broken during the day.
 

Jerry91

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2005
Messages
19
Reaction score
10
Seems like there's some drama going on in the rooting scene..

All the core tools (KSU) and modules, that we use, are now archived on GitHub. Sad day indeed.
 
Last edited:

spinning_quirK

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2006
Messages
43,645
Reaction score
7,353
Seems like there's some drama going on in the rooting scene..

All our core tools (KSU) and modules are now archived on GitHub. Sad day indeed.
I got a ton of such tools archived on my SD card... learnt the hard way to do it this way
 

coseas

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2019
Messages
36
Reaction score
9
From the Lsposed telegram.

Screenshot_2024-01-09-16-47-12-831_org.telegram.messenger-edit.jpg
 

IOKNEE

Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2011
Messages
227
Reaction score
48
I've joined the telegram channels of some dev groups shortly, here are what I perceived:
  • People in those groups are a mix of rift raft and experts, but more of the former.
  • Because of reason above, the content is mostly garbage: from spam to joke and even racism.
  • Issue reports are mostly based on gut feelings without any details or steps to reproduce the issue.
Discord is about the same.
The devs are asking for problems when they decide to use Telegram/Discord instead of GitHub.
 

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2009
Messages
21,988
Reaction score
11,568
Seems like there's some drama going on in the rooting scene..

All the core tools (KSU) and modules, that we use, are now archived on GitHub. Sad day indeed.
People just can't have nice things.

Though, food for thought, could this be Google's attempt at a social engineering attack to hinder development in this space?
 

highdiver_2000

Master Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2009
Messages
2,534
Reaction score
178
Happened to me a few times 😆.

But if I am not wrong, using the physical card of the linked digital wallet card could work too to tap out? I think I tried that when it happened. Unless they made some updates.
Phone uses a virtual cc number, not the physical card. If wallet dies before you can tap out, you can't close (claim rebate*) for the journey.

*You pay max fare on tap in, on tap out you get rebate less actual fare)
 

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2009
Messages
21,988
Reaction score
11,568
POSB app doesn't work at all for me in EvoX Android 14 if I root. Doesn't matter if I used Hide, Shamiko, removed systemless host etc. Need to remove root completely then can work. Looks like I have to get by without AdAway for now...

Good thing is I don't have to root just to spoof device, since it is already built into the ROM.
 
Last edited:

spinning_quirK

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2006
Messages
43,645
Reaction score
7,353
POSB app doesn't work at all for me in EvoX Android 14 if I root. Doesn't matter if I used Hide, Shamiko, removed systemless host etc. Need to remove root completely then can work. Looks like I have to get by without AdAway for now...

Good thing is I don't have to root just to spoof device, since it is already built into the ROM.
Lsposed + HMA should do the trick
 

IOKNEE

Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2011
Messages
227
Reaction score
48
POSB app doesn't work at all for me in EvoX Android 14 if I root. Doesn't matter if I used Hide, Shamiko, removed systemless host etc. Need to remove root completely then can work. Looks like I have to get by without AdAway for now...

Good thing is I don't have to root just to spoof device, since it is already built into the ROM.
are you sure it's because of A14, not because of the custom ROM?
 

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2009
Messages
21,988
Reaction score
11,568
Managed to get NetGuard working, even though it is more clunky, but fine for now...

Lsposed + HMA should do the trick
HMA = Hide My Applist?

are you sure it's because of A14, not because of the custom ROM?
No, because of root. But strangely, it works on A13 while rooted. (Same ROM)
 

spinning_quirK

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2006
Messages
43,645
Reaction score
7,353
Managed to get NetGuard working, even though it is more clunky, but fine for now...


HMA = Hide My Applist?


No, because of root. But strangely, it works on A13 while rooted. (Same ROM)
Hmm. I had trouble opening the DBS app (POSB equivalent) until I hid the app list from it. A13.
 

IOKNEE

Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2011
Messages
227
Reaction score
48
I just notice ZygiskNext (archived project) release note:
v4-0.9.0
Changelog
  • No mount needed. Now Zygisk Next is more compatible with some modules. (e.g. systemless hosts)
probably it can do some magic with hosts and mount, but I can't use it because ZygiskNext from v4-0.9.0 broke LSPosed, which I need for CustoMIUIzer and **** MIUI Gesture (the forum censored the module name again).

I also see this in the KernelSU (archived project) release note:
v0.7.5
  • To Make ZygiskNext Happy
Is this related to the recent drama?

So it will be time to jump ship again if KSU has hiccups?
Is it now?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top