Singpass App on Custom ROMs

spinning_quirK

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2006
Messages
43,627
Reaction score
7,342
thanks for the info.
temp solution is to stick to v21 and use HMA to avoid Singpass auto update (until Singpass app forces update or until there's another way to avoid detection for v22)
HMA blocks Play Store from seeing apps? :s14:
I just turn off auto-update..
 

SkyShroud

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2005
Messages
21,056
Reaction score
1,513
what's that? :love:

Is kernel side thingy, whatever kernel you download should have implemented it.

There was an update to v22
Ruru detects Lsposed (HMA itself, ironically) and Native Detector detects custom kernel

I am using v22, just downloaded ytd on my lousy backup phone. I got no issue. I do notice that the singpass started scanning for apps, just like bank apps so need to use HMA to hide root apps.

My phone kernel is 5.4. I am using the latest KSU with 2 extra commits. Using latest zygisk next without shamiko.

These two are the extra commits, no, I am not using chime phone, this repo is the original commits.
https://github.com/Dominium-Apum/kernel_xiaomi_chime/commit/3ec7d9ece9f86ed19b676841d5e992de513e511e
https://github.com/Dominium-Apum/kernel_xiaomi_chime/commit/b642b17a9c70462336dd410a6431e882c36da456
 
Last edited:

SkyShroud

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2005
Messages
21,056
Reaction score
1,513
thanks for the info.
temp solution is to stick to v21 and use HMA to avoid Singpass auto update (until Singpass app forces update or until there's another way to avoid detection for v22)

If you are using zygisk, you can install detach module to disable specific app from auto updating. I using it on singpass, revanced youtube and revanced youtube music.
 

spinning_quirK

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2006
Messages
43,627
Reaction score
7,342
I am using v22, just downloaded ytd on my lousy backup phone. I got no issue. I do notice that the singpass started scanning for apps, just like bank apps so need to use HMA to hide root apps.

My phone kernel is 5.4. I am using the latest KSU with 2 extra commits. Using latest zygisk next without shamiko.
Is "vold app data isolation" enabled for your phone?
Another possibility may be that Shamiko itself is being detected (on my phone). 🤭
 

IOKNEE

Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2011
Messages
227
Reaction score
48

Singpass app v21 forces update.
Any suggestion?
Last time i tried latest zygisknext, it's not compatible with lsposed
 

IOKNEE

Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2011
Messages
227
Reaction score
48
If you are using zygisk, you can install detach module to disable specific app from auto updating. I using it on singpass, revanced youtube and revanced youtube music.
I try to avoid installing too many different modules/apps for the same features - in case they don't like each other and wreak havoc my phone. But i'll keep that as an option in case I need to jump ship for too many different possible reasons.
 

IOKNEE

Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2011
Messages
227
Reaction score
48
Is "vold app data isolation" enabled for your phone?
Another possibility may be that Shamiko itself is being detected (on my phone). 🤭
last time i enabled vold app data isolation, Google Play Store was broken.
your experience may be different.
 

chashuramen

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2019
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
hi all, new to the rooting scene.

i have a pixel 7 pro, rooted with magisk 27.0 and zygisk. currently have Google Photos Features & Unlimited backup v2 + PiF + Zygisk Assistant modules installed.

my singpass and gxs bank app does not work. what is the recommended step to take? I see many people here using LSposed with Hide My Applist but it seems they are not maintained anymore.

thanks!
 
Last edited:

IOKNEE

Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2011
Messages
227
Reaction score
48
hi all, new to the rooting scene.

i have a pixel 7 pro, rooted with magisk 27.0 and zygisk. currently have Google Photos Features & Unlimited backup v2 + PiF + Zygisk Assistant modules installed.

my singpass and gxs bank app does not work. what is the recommended step to take? I see many people here using LSposed with Hide My Applist but it seems they are not maintained anymore.

thanks!
I'm using KSU (with additional modules) and I have no issue with Singpass, DBS, OCBC, GPay/Wallet, McDonald's, at least for now. I'm not an expert, so I'm not going to share with you my config yet, instead I'll wait for the advice from other more experienced users, as I also want to know the current best methods.

There's no such thing as permanent or perpetual or lifetime. The moment you root your phone, you've also enter the cat-and-mouse game to hide root, because the OS and apps on your phones and the remote servers are always updated. Unless you disconnect your rooted phone from the internet.
 

kakaBoBo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2001
Messages
21,294
Reaction score
161
I'm using KSU (with additional modules) and I have no issue with Singpass, DBS, OCBC, GPay/Wallet, McDonald's, at least for now. I'm not an expert, so I'm not going to share with you my config yet, instead I'll wait for the advice from other more experienced users, as I also want to know the current best methods.

There's no such thing as permanent or perpetual or lifetime. The moment you root your phone, you've also enter the cat-and-mouse game to hide root, because the OS and apps on your phones and the remote servers are always updated. Unless you disconnect your rooted phone from the internet.
citibank latest appdome variant can clear??
 

IOKNEE

Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2011
Messages
227
Reaction score
48
citibank latest appdome variant can clear??
I don't have CitiBank account, but I've just installed to try, and it doesn't work with my current setup, although other apps are ok.
I'm not using the latest version of KSU & modules, so don't lose hope, as others seasoned users may have ways to get it work.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top