Sinking Omnidesk ( 72" length )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slpy

Master Member
Reaction score
thanks for bringing this experience up
i agree with what richliao said, don't blindly support local, but support the deserving ones
i dont think ts was unfair to ask for warranty check for a 300g item placed there
and if it was not designed for it, put a warning or "X" logo here

Zafchen

Reaction score
thanks for bringing this experience up
i agree with what richliao said, don't blindly support local, but support the deserving ones
i dont think ts was unfair to ask for warranty check for a 300g item placed there
and if it was not designed for it, put a warning or "X" logo here

for now i will just follow their instruction, and let them do the rectification.. If problem still arise, i will wrack them gao gao

daisuki

Reaction score
please re-consider and look for ikea dining table instead... now they have new reply and it boom me away...Basically they are saying we are not suppose to put anything to their frame..
2021-01-14-4.png

I thought the purpose of a PC gaming desk is so that we can place our PCs on the desk itself for display? :s22:

I used to use an Ikea wood desk meant for Kitchen table top. Very hard and sturdy and is super long. Was able to accommodate a lot of heavy stuffs like TV and PC and PC monitor without it ever sagging. And that desk only had 5 legs.

Our local brand sure come up with a lot of excuses. Secretlab say chair peeling cos exposed to water. But when people say sit dry, then they say, the humidity very high. If humidity in Singapore very high, then why use PU leather in the 1st place?

Then now Aftershock Omnidesk, not meant to put anything in the middle the table? Then that one is no longer a desk. Just an expensive decoration at home. So many lousy excuses.

A simple solution was to have a sturdy metal frame below it or use better quality wood. Then confirm won't bend. So it's actually the product flaw. Want to blame customers as usual. Typical sinkie mentality even as a company.

zacky1223

Reaction score
Just get ikea bekant la lol mine can withstand the whole watercooling pc weight plus 48 inch TV hahaha not even sinking. Their explanation doesn't even make sense at all. Lol

Reaction score
Been using the table for awhile and recently notice that my speaker isn't standing straight so I'm curious and use a level guide to see. It turns out the table indeed in sinking in the centre portion.

Msg Omni desk support, and they requested me to send them some photo of my setup and did their guys install the screw and properly anot. So i email them all the photo for them to investigate.

Just today, i receive their reply and it surprise me that they are pointing to me that because i mount my Belkin surge protector ( 4ways ) under their desk near the center of the desk, causing their table to sink in the centre..

I'm not a table expert, but their reply sure to enlighten me in someway, anyone facing this similar issue with their desk?

To me, a dual monitor mount mounted in the center of the desk is more heavy than my belkin power extension

https://ibb.co/h8zPyYC
https://ibb.co/t2rNWzH
https://ibb.co/x82gPcv
https://ibb.co/dKqnb6w

GXGX for buying overpriced crap.
:s12:

Limexx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I thought the purpose of a PC gaming desk is so that we can place our PCs on the desk itself for display? :s22:

I used to use an Ikea wood desk meant for Kitchen table top. Very hard and sturdy and is super long. Was able to accommodate a lot of heavy stuffs like TV and PC and PC monitor without it ever sagging. And that desk only had 5 legs.

Our local brand sure come up with a lot of excuses. Secretlab say chair peeling cos exposed to water. But when people say sit dry, then they say, the humidity very high. If humidity in Singapore very high, then why use PU leather in the 1st place?

Then now Aftershock Omnidesk, not meant to put anything in the middle the table? Then that one is no longer a desk. Just an expensive decoration at home. So many lousy excuses.

A simple solution was to have a sturdy metal frame below it or use better quality wood. Then confirm won't bend. So it's actually the product flaw. Want to blame customers as usual. Typical sinkie mentality even as a company.

That's why no point support local brand when wan to pull this kind of stunt. Rather go ikea buy cheaper table can use many years

Atreyu

Master Member
Reaction score
the cause i think maybe due to i use Cable Tie to hold my surge protector... you know cable tie can break down a train.. don play play.. they also learn from them

Is the desk frame middle portion screwed onto the underside of the table? or just resting on it nia?

If not screwed on, then yeah hanging any heavy stuff just loading purely on the frame (cannot be countered by the table top) may cause it to warp at the middle since the table looks quite long from middle to pivot at desk leg there. (tho just a single surge protector abit kua zhang:s22:)

to be fair, I think this is what they mean la. don't misunderstand as cannot put heavy things on table la... :s13:

hg2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not warping lah, just uneven surface....

When warped, it's curved and you can tell the center part is sinking visually...

Last edited:

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you notice, they have one frame fit 3 table size solution which on the biggest table they have, there is a gap in the middle. It's not a single piece metal across..

I went for their smallest size table..no Japan sinking issue..

hayashiyuuzen

Reaction score
Just get ikea bekant la lol mine can withstand the whole watercooling pc weight plus 48 inch TV hahaha not even sinking. Their explanation doesn't even make sense at all. Lol
Get Ikea Idasen... Basically the same thing as an Omni desk but with ikea top tier quality... Also can move up and down with BT and app control...
I went beyond the specs and placed a 246x80cm EKBACKEN kitchen worktop on it...
0 warp :D

moonguy

Reaction score
I think laminate table top cannot expect much, go for solid wood table top better.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think laminate table top cannot expect much, go for solid wood table top better.

I've used a V Hive compress wood computer table before and it is long enough for 2 person to sit side by side and still not squeezy. Despite my monitor arm very close to the middle of the table, it did not become deform or warped. The trick they used was to have a tempered glass on top, and another board to support the entire back of the table top. If the center of this Omnidesk is sinking, that means they failed to reinforce the table top when choosing to use compressed wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.