Sinking Omnidesk ( 72" length )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil_d3viLz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A table is used for putting things on. If weight is going to cause the table to warp, then it’s an inferior product.

Basically this.

And they can't be bothered to assist you without you paying more for their service.
^This goes for many big companies like SecretLab, Omnidesk, Aftershock.

Should have gotten a better one like.....

f00af10d80551dd064db0270b4d27d9e_XL.jpg

moonguy

Reaction score
This is a tank 🤣

Basically this.

And they can't be bothered to assist you without you paying more for their service.

Tombstonewan

Reaction score
For comparison, those atas ones, meaning those US EU ones, who gave u quality ones, usually cost more than 1,000 plus plus, fluctuated by strength of USD n EUR.

The tables are really solid and any problems, they will die die try to settle.

But honestly, if for personal use, you may consider using pneumatic height adj tables.

similar to electric ones, except it doesn't run on power and is as easy to move up and down. Yes, it doesn't adjust exactly to the height, e.g you want 1.2m swee swee, but its for personal use only mah. Plus it can be lighter on the wallet also.

An example of pneumatic height

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RsvEbqwy4E

t258jgn

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I think Ikea BEKANT tables have better warranties

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
omg last night i was toying with the idea to place my cx48 on a 72" Omnidesk... heng never place order...

a table but cannot put things in the middle.. hmm.

kookymonster

Reaction score
For comparison, those atas ones, meaning those US EU ones, who gave u quality ones, usually cost more than 1,000 plus plus, fluctuated by strength of USD n EUR.

The tables are really solid and any problems, they will die die try to settle.

But honestly, if for personal use, you may consider using pneumatic height adj tables.

similar to electric ones, except it doesn't run on power and is as easy to move up and down. Yes, it doesn't adjust exactly to the height, e.g you want 1.2m swee swee, but its for personal use only mah. Plus it can be lighter on the wallet also.

An example of pneumatic height

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RsvEbqwy4E

Where can we find such tables in SG?

Separately, have you guys come across any tables with those cable compartment to keep laptop charger, power socket etc?

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Basically this.

i think the issue here is the length of the table top.. if it's too wide, naturally the middle part will be more fragile... tat's how i see it..

XcoldstarX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone using ErgoEdge desk? Seems like an alternative to Omnidesk, but don't know good or not.

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have a $20 foldable table from giant. I put my ps4, 2 laptops, 1 NAS, 1 desktop and 1 projector no issue

Adam80

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Late last year I got intent of buying from Omnidesk (I ask if their static/non motorised desk have warranty, their reply 0 warranty.. ),
I visit ikea the next week and got "Idasen" table and the "Markus" chair

Both ikea item comes with 10yr warranty..

Sent from Sony XQ-AT52 using GAGT

Koenig168

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think the issue here is the length of the table top.. if it's too wide, naturally the middle part will be more fragile... tat's how i see it..

The length is part of the problem.

The desk is 72" so will sag eventually unless there is proper support. The Omnidesk has support braces running lengthwise along the middle of the desk. However, there is no support brace at the BACK of the desk where most of the weight will be (from the images posted by OP).

Slpy

Master Member
Reaction score
Late last year I got intent of buying from Omnidesk (I ask if their static/non motorised desk have warranty, their reply 0 warranty.. ),
I visit ikea the next week and got "Idasen" table and the "Markus" chair

Both ikea item comes with 10yr warranty..

Sent from Sony XQ-AT52 using GAGT

:s13::s13::s13:

but i have to agree that all the local brands do very well for the marketing campaign; prism, secretlab, aftershock, etc
i was tempted to replace my current desk, but luckily this thread appeared

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:s13::s13::s13:

but i have to agree that all the local brands do very well for the marketing campaign; prism, secretlab, aftershock, etc
i was tempted to replace my current desk, but luckily this thread appeared

Unfortunately all overprice and inferior quality

Lil_d3viLz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

It is the build quality. Rmb the brand SITOCA? I practically and sit on top of the table with my cousin. Didn't know it had wheels on 2 sides and the table swung against my shin when I was moving it. Instant bruise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.