Sinking Omnidesk ( 72" length )

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoMotherTeachSiboh

Reaction score
the max length of BEKANT is about 62" / 160cm... while the Omnidesk is longer by 20cm... i would prefer a bigger surface area but definitely not compromise what i can or cannot put in the middle of the table :o

XCcuhiI.jpg

VdJh3IQ.jpg

ceiy4lcvisi21.jpg

937yaqgyl5h21.jpg

Karlby + Alex drawers, probably doesn't even cost as much as this junk desk that cannot put anything in the middle...unless you really need height adjusting gimmick :s22:

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
XCcuhiI.jpg

VdJh3IQ.jpg

ceiy4lcvisi21.jpg

937yaqgyl5h21.jpg

Karlby + Alex drawers, probably doesn't even cost as much as this junk desk that cannot put anything in the middle...unless you really need height adjusting gimmick :s22:

looks good indeed! What is the length of the table in the last picture ?
mine is a limnon but long ago already sink with my X34 mounted on the table.

from this picture can also see it's sunk in.
HaWe0Uy.jpg

Last edited:

waddahell

Reaction score

HaWe0Uy.jpg

Search for karlby in ikea
Two lengths 246cm and 186cm

hellomeister

Reaction score
Same issue with my self-assembled 60'"/152cm omnidesk pro, Kns quality. My table top is warped at middle, left half as i got 27" on it and 24" on the right half. Servicing team sent 2 guys down to further tighten screws and say done.

But still warped/tilted, i check by placing a laptop on the table. Very obvious when the laptop is not straight/parallel to the table/floor.

My previous 25yo Sitoca no such issue besides yellowishness.

How is ikea rma for their standing desk though?
Advise go for ikea too, at least they bigger company and can accept such complaints

hellomeister

Reaction score
It is the build quality. Rmb the brand SITOCA? I practically and sit on top of the table with my cousin. Didn't know it had wheels on 2 sides and the table swung against my shin when I was moving it. Instant bruise.

I still got a 25 yo Sitoca at home.. that thing cannot break 1. Maciam whole table made of steel. Too bad its only 1.0m else would have used it forever.

Takechan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This entire thread is fascinating. I have an Omnidesk Zero but thankfully have no warping so far - probably because it is the shortest length..?

Moving house soon and planning to upgrade to a Pro or whatever but longer.. now thinking twice :s22:

The cable compartment addon was rubbish IMO; extremely tight squeeze for cable management. Even then it was quite costly. Replaced with a cheaper option on Shopee that was much more spacious and yet still minimalistic - best decision ever made.

Koenig168

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I still got a 25 yo Sitoca at home.. that thing cannot break 1. Maciam whole table made of steel. Too bad its only 1.0m else would have used it forever.

I using two Sitocas at the moment. Agree those things are made of steel! One of them is a Sitoca 738 which I bought to replace an identical model which was still working fine. (Got it nearly new for S$10 :D when company remodeled the office.)

NoMotherTeachSiboh

Reaction score

HaWe0Uy.jpg

karlby much more sturdy than linnmon ba, linnmon inside is some hollow honeycomb structure while karlby although particleboard is fully solid.

Zafchen

Reaction score
** LATEST UPDATES **

Their operating manager calls me & emails me explaining that his team mishandles the whole saga, saying a 300g power bar won't cause anything to their desk and they already arrange a full re-placement of their latest static model for me to try and observe..

Hope everything is fine for now...

Tombstonewan

Reaction score
** LATEST UPDATES **

Their operating manager calls me & emails me explaining that his team mishandles the whole saga, saying a 300g power bar won't cause anything to their desk and they already arrange a full re-placement of their latest static model for me to try and observe..

If die die still have issues with warp, ask them to provide you with stiffeners for the table to strengthen the table. Haha

Koenig168

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
** LATEST UPDATES **

Got new desk :)

Solidus_GZ

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually their warranty coverage is not bad, there was a time when the 2018 table cannot move up or down due to faulty control unit, they change the entire frame. My

Kairos

Reaction score
** LATEST UPDATES **

Can continue to support and buy Omni Desk... :D

Zafchen

Reaction score
Can continue to support and buy Omni Desk... :D

not saying totally cannot support, the reason why i post this is because of their non-logical reasoning... if they were to directly call me and send their team down to handle properly.. there wont have any Saga going on..

Zafchen

Reaction score
Actually their warranty coverage is not bad, there was a time when the 2018 table cannot move up or down due to faulty control unit, they change the entire frame. My

so far their warranty is ok, but I don't know why this time around their team handles my case like ****. But i gave my feedback to them, saying their frame need more additional support for those opting for 60 to 72 inch as these group of the user will most probably be putting more item on the desk..

Kairos

Reaction score
not saying totally cannot support, the reason why i post this is because of their non-logical reasoning... if they were to directly call me and send their team down to handle properly.. there wont have any Saga going on..

At least they acknowledged, indirectly, their non-sense reasoning. :D

But IKEA Bekant seems very good; can seriously support and buy. :s12:

bekant-office-desks_18962.jpg

Source: ikea.com/sg

kimsix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i feel that is because their margins are very high, wood is just wood, metal stands are just metal. probably design oem from china like those gaming chairs. :o

have not touched one, but anyone know the quality and density of wood use by omnidesk?

damnit

Reaction score
I got a Omnidesk Wood 2020 few months ago. The table top was scratched upon delivery and Omnidesk offered to replace it immediately. The desk is working very well so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.