Sony Xperia IV

alienjeffman

Reaction score

What most people REALLY want..
1) Good auto camera
2) Nice crisp display (no notch or punch hole is best!)
3) Ample storage space without the need to add a micro SD card (it's a hassle depending on your usage)
4) RGB (!!!)
5) Able to perform all basic functions without overheating or slowing down
6) Clear phone calls for both parties
7) Decent speakers with stereo is a bonus
8) And of course enough battery for at least a day's usage

shager

Master Member
Reaction score
Not sure tbh but I got my other phone from them is local warranty
Yes you're right as they do sell a mixture of Sony SG and global sets. However the current 1 iv sets I confirmed with them and they said it's HK sets but they will provide 1 year Moby warranty.

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score
New firmware coming out!

同时,Xperia 1 IV 也将在本周获得系统推送,请各位用户留意升级信息。

系统版本:64.0.F.7.62

主要更新内容
- 屏幕刷新率锁频优化
- 穿越火线手游适配优化
- 游戏增强器录音改进
- 图库应用稳定性改进
- 手机开机密码输入法改进
- 电池用量统计显示改进

Sauce : Zackbuks

Wa how come no 85-125 mm lens sharpening algorithm... 😑😑😑 anyway please object super stable and generate less heat

Last edited:

Kitaro9202

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes you're right as they do sell a mixture of Sony SG and global sets. However the current 1 iv sets I confirmed with them and they said it's HK sets but they will provide 1 year Moby warranty.
Way like that sian need go official shop buy

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score
Way like that sian need go official shop buy
Best to get local set with warranty.

Anyway Zackbucks posted interesting news about the long zoom. Hope his is the new firmware.

我个人测试下来 Xperia 1 IV 的长焦画质是比 1 III 好的,
来回对比过 2 台 1 IV 和 3 台 1 III 都是同样的结论,
但我看有些人也说 1 IV 的长焦比 1 III 退步了,
因此我还是会多测一测再发样片。

Translate :
I personally tested the telephoto quality of the Xperia 1 IV is better than the 1 III,
After comparing 2 1 IVs and 3 1 IIIs back and forth, it is the same conclusion,
But I see some people also say that the telephoto of the 1 IV is a step backwards from the 1 III,
So I will still test more and send samples again.

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Best to get local set with warranty.

Anyway Zackbucks posted interesting news about the long zoom. Hope his is the new firmware.

我个人测试下来 Xperia 1 IV 的长焦画质是比 1 III 好的,
来回对比过 2 台 1 IV 和 3 台 1 III 都是同样的结论,
但我看有些人也说 1 IV 的长焦比 1 III 退步了,
因此我还是会多测一测再发样片。

Translate :
I personally tested the telephoto quality of the Xperia 1 IV is better than the 1 III,
After comparing 2 1 IVs and 3 1 IIIs back and forth, it is the same conclusion,
But I see some people also say that the telephoto of the 1 IV is a step backwards from the 1 III,
So I will still test more and send samples again.
cannot blame people if they dunno how to use a real camera lol..

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score
cannot blame people if they dunno how to use a real camera lol..
No la the actual 85-125mm lens really blurry.

Anyway some updates from Zackbucks :

传说中改善发热锁频机制的 Xperia 1 IV 新固件就这样不声不响来了。
68327346ly1h3nvxwpdmqj21822e8qv5.jpg

更完了,目前38℃不锁刷新率了,容我再用一会儿看看

Translate :
The new firmware for the Xperia 1 IV, which is said to improve the thermal locking mechanism, is here quietly.

The update is over, the refresh rate is not locked at 38°C, let me use it for a while and see

Hope it produce miracles haha

Update :
索尼 Xperia 1 IV 64.0.F.7.62 更新发热情况小结,综合了自己和群友各位用户的体验:

总体而言就是:算法更聪明,使用更流畅。

之前的固件版本电池温度一到 38℃ 就锁 60 帧降性能,夏季日常很容易就到这个温度了,降低性能后连扫码打开相机都卡顿。
更新之后不会卡死在某个温度立马锁,有测试到 42℃ 还继续 120 高刷的,貌似是如果温度升高速度加快就会锁,温度有降低的趋势就会放开。

这样带来的体验比之前版本好不少,不过因为高刷频率高了,耗电也会增多,推荐更新。

The Sony Xperia 1 IV 64.0.F.7.62 update fever summary, based on the experience of myself and all users in the group:

In general: smarter algorithms and smoother usage.

The previous firmware version locked 60 frames of performance when the battery temperature reached 38°C. In summer, it is easy to reach this temperature in daily life. After the performance is reduced, even scanning the code to open the camera freezes.

After the update, it will not be stuck at a certain temperature and immediately lock. Some people continue to brush at 120 when the temperature reaches 42°C. It seems that if the temperature rises faster, it will lock, and if the temperature tends to decrease, it will be released.

This brings a much better experience than the previous version, but because of the high refresh rate, the power consumption will also increase, and it is recommended to update.

Last edited:

chooyoshi

Reaction score
No la the actual 85-125mm lens really blurry.

Anyway some updates from Zackbucks :

传说中改善发热锁频机制的 Xperia 1 IV 新固件就这样不声不响来了。
68327346ly1h3nvxwpdmqj21822e8qv5.jpg

更完了,目前38℃不锁刷新率了,容我再用一会儿看看

Translate :
The new firmware for the Xperia 1 IV, which is said to improve the thermal locking mechanism, is here quietly.

The update is over, the refresh rate is not locked at 38°C, let me use it for a while and see

Hope it produce miracles haha

Update :
索尼 Xperia 1 IV 64.0.F.7.62 更新发热情况小结,综合了自己和群友各位用户的体验:

总体而言就是:算法更聪明,使用更流畅。

之前的固件版本电池温度一到 38℃ 就锁 60 帧降性能,夏季日常很容易就到这个温度了,降低性能后连扫码打开相机都卡顿。
更新之后不会卡死在某个温度立马锁,有测试到 42℃ 还继续 120 高刷的,貌似是如果温度升高速度加快就会锁,温度有降低的趋势就会放开。

这样带来的体验比之前版本好不少,不过因为高刷频率高了,耗电也会增多,推荐更新。

The Sony Xperia 1 IV 64.0.F.7.62 update fever summary, based on the experience of myself and all users in the group:

In general: smarter algorithms and smoother usage.

The previous firmware version locked 60 frames of performance when the battery temperature reached 38°C. In summer, it is easy to reach this temperature in daily life. After the performance is reduced, even scanning the code to open the camera freezes.

After the update, it will not be stuck at a certain temperature and immediately lock. Some people continue to brush at 120 when the temperature reaches 42°C. It seems that if the temperature rises faster, it will lock, and if the temperature tends to decrease, it will be released.

This brings a much better experience than the previous version, but because of the high refresh rate, the power consumption will also increase, and it is recommended to update.
I think this is probably why Sony is delaying US release date till september.

They are probably worried that US review sites will review-bomb the phone with negative reviews on heat throttling and thus damaging their sales. Assuming of course most people are intune with verge, cnet, engadget

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score
Update to telephoto camera.
Firmware : 64.0.D.5.48
https://sumahodigest.com/?p=11303
Zackbuks firmware : Xperia 1 IV 64.0.F.7.62
Think Zackbuks firmware is latest.

Update from him :
更新之后的体验确实是一台 2022 年的旗舰机了
[笑cry]
[笑cry]

The updated experience is indeed a flagship machine in 2022

Last edited:

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eh? I just got new update..
64.0.A.5.71 (June 1)

Just ota over 4G and installed

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://sumahodigest.com/?p=11044
Japanese versions are apparently experiencing charging bug
Eh this bug is not a bug... contrary to what the report, it is an android feature / bug which Google introduced last year. TBH I'm not sure why the incompetent reporters never highlight that.

Pixels and Samsung's also kenna this... apparently to "protect" the battery.

mortpenguin

Reaction score
I am back from my trip in New York, and here's a short summary of my user experience so far:

1. Battery life is GOOD.

Using the phone as my main camera for half the trip, I still had around >40% battery life by 7pm (fully charged at 100% from 10am). If I happened to return to the hotel, I could just do a quick charge and be out again till 2 to 3am. I never ever had to use the portable battery charger in my bag, and I felt confident shooting photos AND videos without the fear of the battery dying on me.

2. Phone gets really hot in the sun when shooting photos and videos.

I experienced extremely hot weather (real feel 32 to 37 degrees) with really strong sun on a couple of days, and the phone got hot very quickly especially when I was shooting 120fps video, which is expected. The camera shuts down about a minute into the recording. I had to let it cool for at least 30 seconds before restarting the camera app. This only happened when it was around 12 to 2pm and the sun was intensely bright. Throughout my 9-day trip I would say the overheating issue only happened less than 10 times.

3. The dangerous "screen stuck" bug

As some of you may have seen my post last week, my phone hanged THREE TIMES one day when using the camera. I had to restart the phone manually by pressing down the volume down and screen lock buttons, and even it's a trial and error process as the phone doesn't restart immediately. On the three occasions, it took five minutes and an hour to restart. On the second instance that it hanged, the signal bands also got corrupted and I was unable to connect to phone, data and wifi networks until I reset the connection settings.

Fortunately this has never happened since, but it gave me so much anxiety that day. Doesn't help that New York doesn't have a Sony Store any more so I probably wasn't able to get help if I couldn't restart my phone.

4. Other slightly annoying bugs

- The Gallery app is SUPER BUGGY. Photos that are taken with the Basic camera mode sometimes do not appear in the gallery and it takes a minute for it to refresh. I'm perplexed that a flagship camera phone has such a clunky and honestly embarrassing photo management app - it even prompts you to PAY for the upgraded version from time to time.

- When sharing a photo from Gallery to Lightroom Mobile, sometimes the photo isn't imported and you have to repeat the Share process again.

- Fingerprint reader sometimes cannot read my thumb, especially after I've washed my hands / come out of the shower.

- Colour layout of the app drawer and apps like Instagram gets slightly corrupted when switching between apps/tabs. For example, if you are using dark mode on Instagram, switching between apps or windows could cause the top of the Instagram app to become white.

- When using Google Maps in New York, sometimes it says the accuracy is low and prompts me to calibrate again by using the camera to detect my surroundings. Not sure if it was a phone problem or network issue (I was on Mint Mobile which uses T-Mobile, will recommend getting a SIM card there as I tried using M1 data passport on the first day and it was incredibly slow.)

5. Camera is EXCELLENT.

Will give more details when I post samples, but all in all as a photographer I am impressed with it.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.