I have Razer Mako. I think it's good in satisfying my needs which is sufficient bass without sacrificing clarity.
I really love this music (amongst many others. this came to mind first) on the mako,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl73FMIck68
I can feel and hear the insistent bass beats and at the same time clearly hear the piccolo playing. And right under that piccolo, a bunch of flutes. And everything in between. A bunch of things i shall not name. haha.
I have the higher quality vers of the song though. lol. But I can still hear them in the youtube vid, which plays twice.
Gaming is really good too. The virtual surround, clarity and good bass gives you a fairly immersive soundscape. You wont end up hearing nothing when the game music is thumping out some bass, but when you happened to be beside a exploding tank in the game, you might just feel that you actually ARE standing beside a exploding tank.
Movie is good, I hear speeches clearly, no excessive base to cloud your speeches, no muddiness.
The virtual surround sound is fine, you dont feel that everything is coming right at you from in front, but there's also a nagging feeling that it's just not a 7.1 setup. haha.
One downside is it only uses RCA connectors and 3mm jack. Not really.. the best kinds of connectors considering its price. Another thing is you'd need LOTS OF SPACE for it to perform to it's designed potential. Which i dont have the space for.
Lastly, of course, price. It is partially justified by the virtual surround and THX certification (probably bullcrap anyway). But i feel mainly you would be paying a premium for it's brand. lol.
Overall, i think the Mako delivers as a superb all-rounded speaker set. Gaming's great thumping fun, movie speeches are clear, and music is simply beautiful. But ultimately, this is designed by a gaming company, there are some shortcomings looking at its price and from a audiophile perspective.