Starhub Giga

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2018
Messages
11,358
Reaction score
3,714
Anyone has problem receiving SMS recently? I will click SMS app to check daily in case I missed. No messages.
Today suddenly SMS pop up. One is shopee self collection item, BY 17 MAY. What the... Means I missed a few days liao.
Another is my friend don't know why SMS me, I asked her today. She laugh it was since last Sat....
I encounter occasionally too.

Most recent encounter when SMS OTP not received for bank and singpass, I switch on and off airplane mode and the series of SMS started to come.
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
So can i assume its not giga's problem? More like the sender, which can be shopee and banks?
 

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2018
Messages
11,358
Reaction score
3,714
So can i assume its not giga's problem? More like the sender, which can be shopee and banks?
It is Giga for my case. Because it was delayed SMS for 3 different banks, singpass and CDP for me. Next day at 11am, all the alerts for transactions that I made the day before came in at the same time.

Different organisations. And when I could not receive OTP for Singpass, I ask a friend to try and she could get OTP.

But not many people have this problem. So far saw like 3 or 4 reported this issue while most are ok.
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
I have 3 shopee parcel which were by right must collect by 17 May. I found out because i received sms for one item yesterday, then i use the app to chat with live agent. After ding dong he says he tries his best to notify parties to holdback ending back to seller, but status for all 3 items seem to be sending back to seller already. He advised me to try collect them this morning, and raise refund if unfound. Lucky the collection point's staff found all 3. THEN right after, i received sms for 2nd item. And sms for 3rd item still havent reached... KNS
Bank otp i am sure should be working. Because i was trying to link credit card to gojek, which sent otp for verification, and it was almost instant sms.

This really make me wonder, then how users like us when or how sms are missed. I won't know what sms i am supposed to receive until i received mah. Right?
 

chopra

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
50,516
Reaction score
678
Has anyone used giga round the world sim before? I dont have any giga plan. Do i pay $15 for the 1gb card or do i need to pay more such as registration fee?
 

dr34mc4st3r

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2000
Messages
17,636
Reaction score
387
Giga speeds during peak hours have been unbearable. Seriously thinking to go back the main telcos sim only
 

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2018
Messages
11,358
Reaction score
3,714
Giga speeds during peak hours have been unbearable. Seriously thinking to go back the main telcos sim only
I seldom take mrt during peak hours. Ytd I took between 5.40pm and 6.10pm. Signal super bad from Tanah Mera to Paya Lebar. Can't even do simple surfing on HWZ.
 

Psyres

Master Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2009
Messages
3,834
Reaction score
1,575
Giga speeds during peak hours have been unbearable. Seriously thinking to go back the main telcos sim only

I seldom take mrt during peak hours. Ytd I took between 5.40pm and 6.10pm. Signal super bad from Tanah Mera to Paya Lebar. Can't even do simple surfing on HWZ.

I have a similar experience with Giga's mobile data speeds. I noticed it being slow in recent months regardless of whether I am at home or at work, sometimes dropping into and staying at 3G unless my location changes significantly.
It feels like it is doing intermittent downloads, and even when it is working it isn't working as fast as I would expect of a 4G connection. I recall my old M1 line, though not the most reliable, was certainly much faster than what I am getting from Giga at the moment.

I guess they downgraded data priority for Giga users or something. All that free data they are giving is either counter-productive or just plain pointless.
 

Shadowz1984

Master Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2018
Messages
4,653
Reaction score
1,142
I have a similar experience with Giga's mobile data speeds. I noticed it being slow in recent months regardless of whether I am at home or at work, sometimes dropping into and staying at 3G unless my location changes significantly.
It feels like it is doing intermittent downloads, and even when it is working it isn't working as fast as I would expect of a 4G connection. I recall my old M1 line, though not the most reliable, was certainly much faster than what I am getting from Giga at the moment.

I guess they downgraded data priority for Giga users or something. All that free data they are giving is either counter-productive or just plain pointless.
Yeah, I am also experiencing slower speed for Giga lines in the past 2 months or so... Not sure if this is temporary or will be permanent moving forward...
 

bombshell

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2022
Messages
18,286
Reaction score
15,020
Same, giga evening speed is slow to a crawl. Its so consistently slow, I suspect its throttled.
 

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2018
Messages
11,358
Reaction score
3,714
Giga giving free 10000 lines to charity. It is a good thing but......means even slower speed in future ?
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,809
Reaction score
1,020
my data always >100gb every month, but with WFH, hardly used up any data..but when outside, data is slow like F...

hope they will improve.
 

SPEED

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
28,893
Reaction score
289
ported out from giga back to gomo.
The speed of giga has been poor these 1-2mths
speedtest at same location used to be 100++mpbs.
now same location 50mpbs++

Even loading webpages is laggy.
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,205
Reaction score
17,453
Wow, suddenly got pop up plan for the $10 plan, now 10GB.
 

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2001
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
1,689
Wow, suddenly got pop up plan for the $10 plan, now 10GB.
I think this should be what they have been hinting at on their Facebook page for quite some time

Edit: looks like the Facebook post was for their giga skateboard for subscribers
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top