Starhub Giga

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2010
Messages
35,380
Reaction score
402
Tomorrow is the 1st liao. Hopefully my activation goes smooth without delays. :o

My experience switching from MR to Giga was a lot smoother than M1 to MR last year. :o

Pioneer Giga user here. Port in occur simply within 2 hours of SIM activation.
 

BangBusDriver

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2015
Messages
67
Reaction score
0
activating my Giga Tomorrow also, I'll try out for one month, Oct then port over from my M1 $39 4GB plan :s13:

Any reason why you guys want to activate tomorrow? I received mine today and I'm thinking should I activate it now?

Porting my number from Circles to Giga will only start once I activate my sim?
 

Apex

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,509
Reaction score
250
Any reason why you guys want to activate tomorrow? I received mine today and I'm thinking should I activate it now?

Porting my number from Circles to Giga will only start once I activate my sim?
So billing always start 1st of the month. Easy to keep track
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,180
Reaction score
17,443
activating my Giga Tomorrow also, I'll try out for one month, Oct then port over from my M1 $39 4GB plan :s13:

Yes, I will also hold on to my MR line until around 25th September before porting, as I understand that MR does not offer partial refunds even for early termination, so might as well enjoy the data during this one month where the 2 plans are in service.

My experience switching from MR to Giga was a lot smoother than M1 to MR last year. :o

Pioneer Giga user here. Port in occur simply within 2 hours of SIM activation.

Actually this is not possible liao, cos if one opted for port in at the point of sign up, then cannot keep the card to activate later. Port in will automatically be done within a day or two after the date of delivery. That means sim activation is also automatically done in this case.

Hence I have chosen to get a temporary giga number before porting later this month.
 

justln

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2004
Messages
30,817
Reaction score
5,886
Anybody jumped over to the Giga $10 plan from the MR $10 plan?
Did reception improve for you?
Giga is Starhub, MR USED to be Starhub now is M1. M1 signal sucks to me so I'm never going back to any M1 related lines.
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,180
Reaction score
17,443
Got that thanks! But will porting my number get delayed if I don't activate it yet? Anyways it will only be one day so it's fine with me.

Did u opt for "get a new giga number" or "port in" at the point of sign up? If u opted for "port in" u dun get to choose when is the activation of the plan. Cos port in is set to be within a day or two of the sim card delivery, so your plan will be activated just before port in.

If u are like me, opted for "a new giga number", then u can choose when to activate the plan. Can port in number later from the giga app.
 

BangBusDriver

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2015
Messages
67
Reaction score
0
Did u opt for "get a new giga number" or "port in" at the point of sign up? If u opted for "port in" u dun get to choose when is the activation of the plan. Cos port in is set to be within a day or two of the sim card delivery, so your plan will be activated just before port in.

If u are like me, opted for "a new giga number", then u can choose when to activate the plan. Can port in number later from the giga app.

Thanks for the detailed response. I chose "port in" upon sign up. I received a message when my sim was delivered earlier that "port in" will be processed in the next working day.

I hope Circles will not charge me for another month.
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,180
Reaction score
17,443
Thanks for the detailed response. I chose "port in" upon sign up. I received a message when my sim was delivered earlier that "port in" will be processed in the next working day.

I hope Circles will not charge me for another month.

Then u need not choose when to activate your plan liao, cos it will be done at the same time as your old number is ported in.
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,180
Reaction score
17,443
Once port in considered plan activated even haven’t insert the sim yet?

Yes, cos when u opted for "port in" at the point of sign up, the plan will be activated for u upon delivery, with the port in to be performed either later that night or the next night.
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,180
Reaction score
17,443
Activated liao.

BD4xSXM.png
 

BangBusDriver

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2015
Messages
67
Reaction score
0
Port in was very smooth. My Circles line was disconnected around 10PM then my old number was ported to Giga by midnight.
 

BestPilot

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2012
Messages
2,038
Reaction score
3
Hello. Is giga able to run on mifi? My speed on phone is fast but very slow on my TP-LINK mifi..
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,180
Reaction score
17,443
eh, u on the 6gb plan? Isnt MyRep better then? since its extra 200mins talktime & SMS?

I dun like MyRep imposing $100 deposit on me. That is why I intend to migrate to giga.
 

BestPilot

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2012
Messages
2,038
Reaction score
3
Hello. Is giga able to run on mifi? My speed on phone is fast but very slow on my TP-LINK mifi...
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top