Starhub Giga

s330063

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2004
Messages
1,438
Reaction score
40
Just activated my Giga today, tried it inside my estate lift, left one bar but still can connect and surf net etc. My M1 and TPG lines totally no network in my estate lift, after stepping out of the lift still need some time to reconnect (find) the network. No issue with Giga
 
Last edited:

ichinisan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2019
Messages
19,950
Reaction score
4,152
MyRep allows this? I chatted with their CSO yesterday & they said I cannot xfer line to someone else.

I may have misinterpreted. What I actually meant was these two MVNOs allow porting over to them from another telco even if you are not the owner of the line.

Hopefully Giga could implement this service soon.
 

magix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 28, 2000
Messages
16,883
Reaction score
90
Hello. Is giga able to run on mifi? My speed on phone is fast but very slow on my TP-LINK mifi...

Phone has higher LTE speed. Normally 300 to 600mbps LTE speed.

Mifi normally has 150mbps and with wifi (2.4ghz) you get around 40+\- (max for a 150mbps Mifi I get is 75mbps )


Last factor is location. Not everywhere has good LTE download speed.
 
Last edited:

BestPilot

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2012
Messages
2,038
Reaction score
3
Updated the Mifi to the latest firmware. Blazing speed now. Thanks for the responses.
 

hodiyang

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Do you receive any email or notification when you request for port in? Requested for port in on Tuesday 1am. Still nothing yet.
 

minuteez

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2004
Messages
2,036
Reaction score
309
I may have misinterpreted. What I actually meant was these two MVNOs allow porting over to them from another telco even if you are not the owner of the line.

Hopefully Giga could implement this service soon.

ah I see. This is still good news for me since I'm currently using a borrowed line but I kind of like the number so was thinking of keeping the nbr. :D So there's options for me if I really do want to keep it.
 

sadboy

Master Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2000
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
179
If I apply the sim now say delivery next week. Can I keep the sim until 1 Oct to activate?
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,200
Reaction score
17,452
Sometimes you see a number you like.. u cant wait just need to get.

At least this is what happen for me.

Then just grab the number now and sign up a plan lor... can always port in to another plan later on if u wish to. :)
 

lycanboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2005
Messages
24,691
Reaction score
6,037
Regretted changing to Giga from Singtel.

- Almost no reception in estate lift
- Lag in receiving company's OTP

Although the 40GB rollover is attractive :s13:
 

SibehHL

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2016
Messages
2,101
Reaction score
374
When one pressed the port in button, it does not mean the port in process will start immediately. This I learned when porting from M1 to Singtel.

Late last year I made the port in application and earliest they could accommodate the application was 4 days later due to the long waiting list....
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top