Starhub Giga

yixiang1

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2003
Messages
5,520
Reaction score
24
Signed up for $18 plan finally. Coz I wanted sat slot for sim delivery so had to sign up now. Took the last 12-3pm slot for this sat. Later slots give until wed already I think.

Receive sim on 29 aug, activate either 1 oct or 23 oct. since can only port on 31 oct after stinktel contract end. Still need pay for 1 month for not using
 

TitanSmall

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2004
Messages
28,528
Reaction score
1,937
I received email, SMS and notification on the app at the start of the porting process. Then the same when done
 

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2013
Messages
8,082
Reaction score
463
Signed up for $18 plan finally. Coz I wanted sat slot for sim delivery so had to sign up now. Took the last 12-3pm slot for this sat. Later slots give until wed already I think.

Receive sim on 29 aug, activate either 1 oct or 23 oct. since can only port on 31 oct after stinktel contract end. Still need pay for 1 month for not using

You're only allowed to activate within 30 days from receiving the sim I think?
 

SPEED

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
28,882
Reaction score
278
I received email, SMS and notification on the app at the start of the porting process. Then the same when done

funny
i request to port in at around 8pm yesterday on the app.
the request went thru but i did not get any email or sms
maybe i check with the LIVE agent if my request has been received by giga.
:o
 

nwh_sg

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2001
Messages
2,193
Reaction score
6
Activated my sim on 25 Aug 0001 hrs. Tested working fine. Morning 8am applied to port over my number from Circles.Life. At night around 10pm my Circles.Life number became inactive. Just after midnight the port over was done. Just need to restart hp to use. Pretty fast and painless process.
 

Cookie Muncher

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2013
Messages
7,596
Reaction score
825
Last day of service with current telco is the day you submit for the port over?

Example, 2 SEP submit port over to giga, so the ex-telco will refund you from 3 SEP?
 

TitanSmall

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2004
Messages
28,528
Reaction score
1,937
funny
i request to port in at around 8pm yesterday on the app.
the request went thru but i did not get any email or sms
maybe i check with the LIVE agent if my request has been received by giga.
:o

Haha I think you may get the notification today when they start porting... If not ya.. maybe ask the agent just to be sure..
 

SPEED

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
28,882
Reaction score
278
Haha I think you may get the notification today when they start porting... If not ya.. maybe ask the agent just to be sure..
I checked with the agent. They got my request. The porting is midnight around there today.
 

TESTBOT

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2020
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Why suddenly I got no network?...I thought we can activate anytime we want? Just got the card today and planning to activate on 1st Sep. Any idea?
 

jaspreettttt

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2015
Messages
64
Reaction score
6
Why suddenly I got no network?...I thought we can activate anytime we want? Just got the card today and planning to activate on 1st Sep. Any idea?

If you're porting in, you can't choose when to activate. You should have set the delivery for 31aug instead
 

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
Why suddenly I got no network?...I thought we can activate anytime we want? Just got the card today and planning to activate on 1st Sep. Any idea?

U should not specify that u want to port in number during the sign up becos the port in will be done anytime after delivery of the SIM card.

Instead you should have done the ‘delayed’ port in. Sign up a new number with giga!. Get the SIM card and activate anytime u want then only request to port in number later.
 

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
Activated my sim on 25 Aug 0001 hrs. Tested working fine. Morning 8am applied to port over my number from Circles.Life. At night around 10pm my Circles.Life number became inactive. Just after midnight the port over was done. Just need to restart hp to use. Pretty fast and painless process.

Actually dun like such activation time to be so into detailed that into minutes or even seconds. Like that one will be stuck with a irregular refresh time monthly.
 

nwh_sg

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2001
Messages
2,193
Reaction score
6
Actually dun like such activation time to be so into detailed that into minutes or even seconds. Like that one will be stuck with a irregular refresh time monthly.

doesn't bother me unless I am running out of data. Just wanted a date that I can easily remember. It would have been nicer if I activate it on 1 Sep but I don't want to pay my previous telco extra 1 month of bill. :)
 

Cookie Muncher

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2013
Messages
7,596
Reaction score
825
Last day of service with current telco is the day you submit for the port over?

Example, 2 SEP submit port over to giga, so the ex-telco will refund you from 3 SEP?
 

mikeymesina

Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2012
Messages
270
Reaction score
2
I'm back with Giga from Circles. Received the sim yesterday afternoon, activated right away, circles sim was cut around 11 pm, received email that port in was complete around 12 am.
 

s330063

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2004
Messages
1,438
Reaction score
40
U should not specify that u want to port in number during the sign up becos the port in will be done anytime after delivery of the SIM card.

Instead you should have done the ‘delayed’ port in. Sign up a new number with giga!. Get the SIM card and activate anytime u want then only request to port in number later.

any idea what's the maximum duration I can hold on to the card without activating in. Just gotten the $18 plan but my M1 contract will ends in Oct, was thinking to active in 1st Oct instead.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top