Starhub Giga

i.Singaporean

Reaction score
No such issues on my poco f3 with giga line. Sms otp all come in nicely and timely
Sian.. noticed it a few times already when I'm expecting OTP SMS but never receive

Seems like no pattern, I receive loan/spam SMS periodically just fine :s34:

omelet

Reaction score
Thanks! That is like limited to a few phones only. Any idea if Pixel 4a5g and 5a are supported?
Pixel phone only support Singtel and Starhub VoLTE....as they are the only telco where Google had sold pixel phone before....

Jirachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After port in wait for 2 to 3 days before activation of Imessage.
Not just giga but for all telco.
I see. I ported-in on Monday and it's Thursday now. Still not yet activated. Nvm, I shall continue waiting. Thank you!

Jirachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just changed to the iPhone 13 Pro and iMessage still cannot be activated with Giga!

And their customer support is almost non-existence and not knowledgeable.

SPEED

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there something wrong with the app? the data usage seems to be stuck. Not getting lesser and lesser as i use the data.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Is there something wrong with the app? the data usage seems to be stuck. Not getting lesser and lesser as i use the data.
See my screenshot.
It seemed that in one of the months they totally didn't keep track of my usage.

video_2021-09-25_12-09-44.mp4_snapshot_00.01_[2021.09.25_12.10.18].png

SPEED

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My mins usage is working fine. Just the data part the number does not drop. Already reset cache and data of app. And login back again also same issue.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
My mins usage is working fine. Just the data part the number does not drop. Already reset cache and data of app. And login back again also same issue.
Then good lah. I can only advise u to enjoy it while it lasts as it happened to me too. :o

TheOutsider

Reaction score
a

Heng I read this. Was ready to sign up for the pop up plan cause now got volte. Now I realise Samsung phones not supported

I don't see reason why Samsung can't receive VoLTE on Giga. Any Samsung users can clarify for IndianChief? I just signed up haven't receive my sim haha.

i.Singaporean

Reaction score
I don't see reason why Samsung can't receive VoLTE on Giga. Any Samsung users can clarify for IndianChief? I just signed up haven't receive my sim haha.
It's not they can't, giga says they are "progressively updating with devices that support VoLTE, so keep a look out on this space!"

TheOutsider

Reaction score
Volte and vowifi works on xiaomi/redmi/poco phones. Using a poco f3 myself. Volte and vowifi all works with the giga line which i just got it recently.
Did it work straight away? I just ported over not getting VoLTE yet.

guyz92

Reaction score
Did it work straight away? I just ported over not getting VoLTE yet.
What phone you are using?

giga VoLTE need phone firmware support.
For most recent Xiaomi phone that are base on Qualcomm chipset, the phone should have preloaded the StarHub VoLTE profile to the modem firmware.

My Redmi Note 4 SD625 using stock modem firmware do not support VoLTE on Singtel, StarHub and M1.

After modding the modem.img for Redmi Note 4 SD625, the phone is able to load the StarHub VoLTE profile at modem firmware level and the VoLTE works thereafter.

For other phone like iPhone and most recent Samsung, StarHub previously may have disabled the VoLTE profile at modem firmware level.

If the VoLTE doesn't work for you, means you need to wait for firmware update from your phone manufacturer to get VoLTE support.

IndianChief

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone can confirm if volte functions on local S20 galaxy set?

I'm on singtel now and have volte. Will suxk if change to giga and no volte

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.