StarHub MaxInfinity Fiber Optic - Experience

luckyguitar

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2008
Messages
1,250
Reaction score
0
tested it many many times.. with laptop direct to ont also...

initial few mins after you plug in the network cable to ont.. can hit 500mbps max.. after that.. it drop to around 220..



there's some traffic shapping involved... but since this is day 1 of installation, i will see how it goes for the next few days...

It is quite obvious that they do traffic shipping of some kind. You can notice the slowdown even for normal surfing at night.
 

luckyguitar

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2008
Messages
1,250
Reaction score
0
Just a point to note. Those who are on maxinfinity elite is 150mbps.
But when u recontract they will give u price equivalent of 39.90 without telling u the speed is 100mbps. Next tier is 300mbps at 49.90

Just avoid Starhub altogether. Look at the number of complaints on their own forum:

MaxInfinity Fibre BroadBand - StarHub Community

Zero positive thread on the first page of their forum, nothing but complaints about their service.

Technical support is poor, in fact extremely poor. There are issues that they still haven't rectified after several months.
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
It is quite obvious that they do traffic shipping of some kind. You can notice the slowdown even for normal surfing at night.

i rather you check on your settings instead. I believe the problem lies with the settings than to blame shaping. If i am too on Starhub and I don't face any shaping I don't see why others on Starhub are getting "shaped"

double standard?
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
sadly i don't have "fantastic" fibre speed to test.

MIF 150Mbps Plan

3645259571.png
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
then again, i am waiting for my contract to expire so i could move on as well. :o

reason being: they couldn't handle my bills correctly and the wait time to speak to a CSO takes forever.

If you are ok with this, join starhub.
 

luckyguitar

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2008
Messages
1,250
Reaction score
0
i can't deny, my internet is normal (as in i get what i paid for) only for downloads and uploads.

web surfing is a torture. every now and then i have to refresh the page 1 to load it.

I will probably move out of STARHUB once my contract is up. Cant take it already. At work, the singnet connect makes surfing greatly appreciated which I used to have with Starhub previously.

Now at home, is a pain to even surf the web.

Crap.


I understand your pain mate, above issues coupled with them messing up you bills, glad you finally see the light at the end of the tunnel cheers.

So you are suggesting others to join starhub while you move out?
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
I understand your pain mate, above issues coupled with them messing up you bills, glad you finally see the light at the end of the tunnel cheers.

So you are suggesting others to join starhub while you move out?

Oh, nono. You are mistaken. I did not suggest others to join hub. I merely state the experience I am having which doesnt quite equate to what you are experiencing in terms of the speed level.

Then again, I believe that is neither downtime nor speed issue. Which people are complaining now like you. Thanks for reigniting my memory.
 
Last edited:

luckyguitar

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2008
Messages
1,250
Reaction score
0
I will probably move out of STARHUB once my contract is up. Cant take it already. At work, the singnet connect makes surfing greatly appreciated which I used to have with Starhub previously.

Now at home, is a pain to even surf the web.

Crap.

i can't deny, my internet is normal (as in i get what i paid for) only for downloads and uploads.

web surfing is a torture. every now and then i have to refresh the page 1 to load it.

then again, i am waiting for my contract to expire so i could move on as well. :o

reason being: they couldn't handle my bills correctly and the wait time to speak to a CSO takes forever.

If you are ok with this, join starhub.

Oh, nono. You are mistaken. I did not suggest others to join hub. I merely state the experience I am having which doesnt quite equate to what you are experiencing in terms of the speed level.

Then again, I believe that is neither downtime nor speed issue. Which people are complaining now like you. Thanks for reigniting my memory.


It is pretty clear from the above that billing error is not the only reason why you are moving out of Starhub. Their billing department isn't hard to get through to, i don't normally wait long to speak to a CSO regarding admin issues. It is their technical helpdesk that is a pain to deal with. As stated above, you did suggest others to "join starhub". That was only posted yesterday, you really do have very poor memory.
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
It is pretty clear from the above that billing error is not the only reason why you are moving out of Starhub. Their billing department isn't hard to get through to, i don't normally wait long to speak to a CSO regarding admin issues. It is their technical helpdesk that is a pain to deal with. As stated above, you did suggest others to "join starhub". That was only posted yesterday, you really do have very poor memory.

1. The problem is long fixed. And yes the only problem I am facing now is with the bills and prolonged call wait. I cant recall when was the last downtime or speed issue I have with them. Can you help me by looking into all the posts I have done so far? You seem like you are pretty free. Thanks.

2. My only problem now is with the bills and prolonged wait. How long ago was that issue on the slow net surf? Couple of mths and the first I've experienced. Maybe you could help me check what other issues I have over the years so far? So I have more reasons to advise against it.

3. If they could deal with starhub long wait time. For a moment I thought you were referring to the speed rather than the bills and long call wait.

Hope it appeases you. If not, do continue with what you are doing then by helping me to reignite my memory. Thanks.
 

luckyguitar

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2008
Messages
1,250
Reaction score
0
1. The problem is long fixed. And yes the only problem I am facing now is with the bills and prolonged call wait. I cant recall when was the last downtime or speed issue I have with them. Can you help me by looking into all the posts I have done so far? You seem like you are pretty free. Thanks.

FYI, i did not deliberately search and read all your postings. I remember because one of those messages was a reply to my post. If you can't remember, please use the search button and reignite your poor memory, or even better see a doctor. Sadly i am not a professional medician and can't help you with your brain.

May i suggest that you at least remember what you posted so as not to make anymore inconsistent statement that contradicts each other. It is hard to continue a discussion with someone who can't even remember what he wrote yesterday. Take care my friend.
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
FYI, i did not deliberately search and read all your postings. I remember because one of those messages was a reply to my post. If you can't remember, please use the search button and reignite your poor memory, or even better see a doctor. Sadly i am not a professional medician and can't help you with your brain.

May i suggest that you at least remember what you posted so as not to make anymore inconsistent statement that contradicts each other. It is hard to continue a discussion with someone who can't even remember what he wrote yesterday. Take care my friend.

As a matter of fact, it seems like you jump the gun than to find the truth and no, I am not your friend and I have no wish to associate with someone who blames the ISP than his own configurations.
 

luckyguitar

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2008
Messages
1,250
Reaction score
0
As a matter of fact, it seems like you jump the gun than to find the truth and no, I am not your friend and I have no wish to associate with someone who blames the ISP than his own configurations.

If it was jumping the gun, that is certainly not me. I have consulted Starhub on all major technical issues that i encountered, and as a paying customer have the right to expect them to solve it in a timely manner. Sadly, they fail most times in that aspect.

If you are pissed off with me for quoting your messages that show your inconsistent and contraditive statements, please accept my apologies. Peace.
 

Bieffe

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2001
Messages
6,021
Reaction score
50
Just avoid Starhub altogether. Look at the number of complaints on their own forum:

MaxInfinity Fibre BroadBand - StarHub Community

Zero positive thread on the first page of their forum, nothing but complaints about their service.

Technical support is poor, in fact extremely poor. There are issues that they still haven't rectified after several months.
Was considering MR then at their thread ppl complain of their tech won't even show up! Also need open net to open 2nd port and it may take up to 6 mths!
 

luckyguitar

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2008
Messages
1,250
Reaction score
0
Was considering MR then at their thread ppl complain of their tech won't even show up! Also need open net to open 2nd port and it may take up to 6 mths!

Looks like MR service is going downhill as well.

You can find similar complaints about starhub on their forum:

MaxInfinity Fibre BroadBand - StarHub Community

Like Gribber, i am also moving out of Starhub once my contract ends.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top