StarHub MaxInfinity Fiber Optic - Experience

AnTiLooP

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
6,227
Reaction score
87
Y here so quiet? No1 have problem with Starhub fiber? My internet been disconnecting by itself since last night.

People complaining all over Facebook via their promotional ads and also page messages.
 

curo

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,050
Reaction score
126
Ya. But Starhub still keep quiet about it. They last time their internet was down they also nvr said anything. Really getting bad to worst
 

AnTiLooP

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
6,227
Reaction score
87
Ya. But Starhub still keep quiet about it. They last time their internet was down they also nvr said anything. Really getting bad to worst

Exactly why I jump ship and paid early termination of 260.

Non existent 1633, always kick the can down the lane when there are issues, can't contact them via messenger, their agents can't understand majority of issues aside from replying with standard template, give wrong instructions and many more.
 

Momomomo55

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2017
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Dear Starhub Fibre users,

could I impose someone to ping these 2 servers for me pls as I am looking to change isp and my current one has terrible latency for games. Thanks in advance!

203.70.16.253
139.175.50.166

(ps I sorry if this is the wrong place to request this, not sure where else to go)
 

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
39,097
Reaction score
13
Cant even get their BB right and still want to phase out cable tv & force ppl to use fibre tv. This greed will bite them in the arse when cable tv customers jump to singtel tv instead since singtel BB has less connectivity issues.
 

oric1

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2001
Messages
1,796
Reaction score
96
Dear Starhub Fibre users,

could I impose someone to ping these 2 servers for me pls as I am looking to change isp and my current one has terrible latency for games. Thanks in advance!

203.70.16.253
139.175.50.166

(ps I sorry if this is the wrong place to request this, not sure where else to go)

Starhub 1Gbps (wired)

Pinging 203.70.16.253 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 203.70.16.253: bytes=32 time=59ms TTL=52
Reply from 203.70.16.253: bytes=32 time=57ms TTL=52
Reply from 203.70.16.253: bytes=32 time=57ms TTL=52
Reply from 203.70.16.253: bytes=32 time=57ms TTL=52

Ping statistics for 203.70.16.253:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 57ms, Maximum = 59ms, Average = 57ms

================================

Pinging 139.175.50.166 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 139.175.50.166: bytes=32 time=59ms TTL=52
Reply from 139.175.50.166: bytes=32 time=56ms TTL=53
Reply from 139.175.50.166: bytes=32 time=58ms TTL=52
Reply from 139.175.50.166: bytes=32 time=58ms TTL=52

Ping statistics for 139.175.50.166:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 56ms, Maximum = 59ms, Average = 57ms

================================

Singtel 1Gbps (wired)

Pinging 203.70.16.253 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 203.70.16.253: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=48
Reply from 203.70.16.253: bytes=32 time=53ms TTL=48
Reply from 203.70.16.253: bytes=32 time=51ms TTL=48
Reply from 203.70.16.253: bytes=32 time=53ms TTL=48

Ping statistics for 203.70.16.253:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 51ms, Maximum = 53ms, Average = 52ms

================================

Pinging 139.175.50.166 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 139.175.50.166: bytes=32 time=186ms TTL=44
Reply from 139.175.50.166: bytes=32 time=197ms TTL=42
Reply from 139.175.50.166: bytes=32 time=186ms TTL=42
Reply from 139.175.50.166: bytes=32 time=189ms TTL=44

Ping statistics for 139.175.50.166:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 186ms, Maximum = 197ms, Average = 189ms
 

nivlac9

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2003
Messages
1,209
Reaction score
10
Did SH change their promo for home hub 1000? Used to be free first 6 mths now it's first 3 only? 😳
 

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
7,350
Reaction score
2,744
Did SH change their promo for home hub 1000? Used to be free first 6 mths now it's first 3 only? 😳

Yes, the 6 months free promo end on last day of 2016 and they quietly change to 3months free with homehub 1000 whereas Singtel is having 8 months free promo plus by default they also have Singtel Circle for their Mio uses free 4G data every Sunday.

Suck thumb, I just sign and upgrade from homehub 500 to homehub 1000 with 3 months free promo although I can sign in Dec, who know StarHub will play punk. No attractive CNY promotion, no choice as whole family is StarHub users.

Still the same shitty Dlink DIR-868L given by StarHub (latest v1.07SHC firmware) wondering why StarHub still use such lousy router. The Dlink admin web user interface still so shitty as ever.

Btw, they also change my Samsung Cable TV box to the newer Samsung Fibre TV box, as they said cable will be phrasing out. The Samsung box UI still as laggy as ever, no difference to me.
 
Last edited:

legaltech

Junior Member
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Did SH change their promo for home hub 1000? Used to be free first 6 mths now it's first 3 only? 😳

This probably happened on 7 Jan 2017. Was offered a major exclusive to re-contract Homehub 200 to Homehub 1000 at $49.90 per month (no free router; add $120 if want the 868L) and the offer was only till 6 Jan 2017.

Didn't feel majorly exclusive after doing the numbers as re-contracts with Cable TV would only enjoy the discount for 12 months.

new sign-ups for HomeHub with Cable TV: $88.88 x 18 months (inc free router)
re-contract for HomeHub with Cable TV: $49.90 x 12 months + $88.80 x 12 months + modification fee if upgrading from slower speed plan + $120 (cost of router )

They have also stopped offering 300Mbps@$29.90.
 

legaltech

Junior Member
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Yes, the 6 months free promo end on last day of 2016 and they quietly change to 3months free with homehub 1000 whereas Singtel is having 8 months free promo plus by default they also have Singtel Circle for their Mio uses free 4G data every Sunday.

Suck thumb, I just sign and upgrade from homehub 500 to homehub 1000 with 3 months free promo although I can sign in Dec, who know StarHub will play punk. No attractive CNY promotion, no choice as whole family is StarHub users.

Still the same shitty Dlink DIR-868L given by StarHub (latest v1.07SHC firmware) wondering why StarHub still use such lousy router. The Dlink admin web user interface still so shitty as ever.

Btw, they also change my Samsung Cable TV box to the newer Samsung Fibre TV box, as they said cable will be phrasing out. The Samsung box UI still as laggy as ever, no difference to me.

SH normally will offer something different from the public for re-contracts. They sent you nothing? I could stay with Cable TV but then effectively pay more lor... a brilliant way to encourage ppl to move on to FIbre TV.

Is the Hardware Ver for the free 868L A1?
 

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
7,350
Reaction score
2,744
SH normally will offer something different from the public for re-contracts. They sent you nothing? I could stay with Cable TV but then effectively pay more lor... a brilliant way to encourage ppl to move on to FIbre TV.

Is the Hardware Ver for the free 868L A1?

Yup they send me NOTHING, no call, no email, no mail to prompt for recontract promotion. I called 1633 telling the CSO about my intention for recontract 1 day before going down to StarHub shop and the CSO say the current promo is homehub 1000 free 3 months, that all. I told her I am existing user of homehub 500, planning to upgrade. She say yup okay, that the promotion, no special exclusive for new or existing customers, what shown on the website is the current promotion. That all.

When down to Tampines StarHub to sign the plan and I told the staff, I don't want to change my current setup box, he say NO must change as we are slowly phrasing out cable TV.

Yup my current DIR-868L is A1 with firmware v1.07, they coming tomorrow to switch my Samsung Cable setup box to Samsung Fibre setup box and pass me the same but new DIR-868L.

I call them yesterday asking them can I don't change the box, I don't trust your Fibre Tv, later watch half way hang and lag like Singtel MioTV. The cso tell don't worry, it doesn't happen, even if fibre broadband is down, Fibre TV still can function. I was like are you 100% sure about this, the CSO tell me sure!

How true is that, idk man, if it lag or hang when watching, I am going to call 1633 and screw up them!
 
Last edited:

ahber79

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2001
Messages
899
Reaction score
4
Yup they send me NOTHING, no call, no email, no mail to prompt for recontract promotion. I called 1633 telling the CSO about my intention for recontract 1 day before going down to StarHub shop and the CSO say the current promo is homehub 1000 free 3 months, that all. I told her I am existing user of homehub 500, planning to upgrade. She say yup okay, that the promotion, no special exclusive for new or existing customers, what shown on the website is the current promotion. That all.

When down to Tampines StarHub to sign the plan and I told the staff, I don't want to change my current setup box, he say NO must change as we are slowly phrasing out cable TV.

Yup my current DIR-868L is A1 with firmware v1.07, they coming tomorrow to switch my Samsung Cable setup box to Samsung Fibre setup box and pass me the same but new DIR-868L.

I call them yesterday asking them can I don't change the box, I don't trust your Fibre Tv, later watch half way hang and lag like Singtel MioTV. The cso tell don't worry, it doesn't happen, even if fibre broadband is down, Fibre TV still can function. I was like are you 100% sure about this, the CSO tell me sure!

How true is that, idk man, if it lag or hang when watching, I am going to call 1633 and screw up them!

I also same situation as you. Told me cable tv will be turned off by end of this year and everybody will be asked to switch to fibre tv. Got free switch, cabling and data point installation now so I signed up and convert to fibre tv. So far no lag yet. Impossible if fibre network is down, still can use fibre tv. What happens is port 1 from ONT is currently connected to your router. So a LAN cable is connected to port 2 of ONT to the switch and then to the Samsung boxes.

Also upgraded to Homehub 1000 but was in Dec. I rejected the 868L as I'm still using it and still working fine. While processing my application, he gave me another offer. 50% off the subscription but no free 6 months and no router. Works out to be cheaper for 24 months and signed this promo instead. Asked him why I was not informed of this promo and he said it was emailed to me but probably I forgot about it.
 

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
7,350
Reaction score
2,744
I also same situation as you. Told me cable tv will be turned off by end of this year and everybody will be asked to switch to fibre tv. Got free switch, cabling and data point installation now so I signed up and convert to fibre tv. So far no lag yet. Impossible if fibre network is down, still can use fibre tv. What happens is port 1 from ONT is currently connected to your router. So a LAN cable is connected to port 2 of ONT to the switch and then to the Samsung boxes.

Also upgraded to Homehub 1000 but was in Dec. I rejected the 868L as I'm still using it and still working fine. While processing my application, he gave me another offer. 50% off the subscription but no free 6 months and no router. Works out to be cheaper for 24 months and signed this promo instead. Asked him why I was not informed of this promo and he said it was emailed to me but probably I forgot about it.

Woah, like that one arh! I was not even inform about any recontract special promo and I even asked the 1633 CSO, they tell me no. Sigh! Last time I am using Singtel Mio package, Singtel did mail me the special recontract special promo and even call me up to inform me about it.

The CSO told me, ONT port 1 to DIR-868L then ONT port 2 to Samsung Fibre Box that all, so even if fibre is down, fibre Tv still working because it's a different service port unless ONT is down then all down. Idk, later ask the StarHub technician when they come later.
 
Last edited:

legaltech

Junior Member
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Yup they send me NOTHING, no call, no email, no mail to prompt for recontract promotion. I called 1633 telling the CSO about my intention for recontract 1 day before going down to StarHub shop and the CSO say the current promo is homehub 1000 free 3 months, that all. I told her I am existing user of homehub 500, planning to upgrade. She say yup okay, that the promotion, no special exclusive for new or existing customers, what shown on the website is the current promotion. That all.

When down to Tampines StarHub to sign the plan and I told the staff, I don't want to change my current setup box, he say NO must change as we are slowly phrasing out cable TV.

Yup my current DIR-868L is A1 with firmware v1.07, they coming tomorrow to switch my Samsung Cable setup box to Samsung Fibre setup box and pass me the same but new DIR-868L.

I call them yesterday asking them can I don't change the box, I don't trust your Fibre Tv, later watch half way hang and lag like Singtel MioTV. The cso tell don't worry, it doesn't happen, even if fibre broadband is down, Fibre TV still can function. I was like are you 100% sure about this, the CSO tell me sure!

How true is that, idk man, if it lag or hang when watching, I am going to call 1633 and screw up them!


Offers for re-contract sometimes come through weird SMS asking me to return call - bad move; I only know that it's really SH after I saw ppl asking on their FB if it's really them.

And 1630 is the number for sales..if call 1633 must ask to be redirected to the right people too.


Hope the new 868L works out OK. Wonder how many more sets they have to offload. And why pass you the new 868L only? Installation is part of the deal, so let them do it.

@derrickgoh is correct - 2020 then phase out Cable TV. As of now they still have Dual Broadband plans. They still differentiate the HomeHub Plans accordingly:

15. The HomeHub Plan with Cable Home Broadband and/or Cable TV is only applicable to homes connected to StarHub’s cable network with 2-way interactive signal.

16. The HomeHub Plan with Fibre Home Broadband and Fibre TV is only available for fibre-ready and certified with a Fibre Termination Point (“FTP”) within premises and are connected to StarHub’s cable network with reverse signal for 2-way interactivity.
 

jasontohsh

Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2005
Messages
281
Reaction score
0
Woah, like that one arh! I was not even inform about any recontract special promo and I even asked the 1633 CSO, they tell me no. Sigh! Last time I am using Singtel Mio package, Singtel did mail me the special recontract special promo and even call me up to inform me about it.

The CSO told me, ONT port 1 to DIR-868L then ONT port 2 to Samsung Fibre Box that all, so even if fibre is down, fibre Tv still working because it's a different service port unless ONT is down then all down. Idk, later ask the StarHub technician when they come later.

If that's the case, got to put yr set top box near yr ONT or u must have a long network cable to connect from ONT to where u want to put yr set top box.
 

Smurfy

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2000
Messages
1,579
Reaction score
270
The free TV promo for Homehub look good but after seeing the TV it KNN sux sia not even FHD.

So fast taken down liao dunno if really got so many ppl sub for it or they know it sia suay to giv such a laoya TV.
 
Last edited:

jeffrey745

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2008
Messages
12,765
Reaction score
1,590
Anyone experiencing lags/ DC on ur starhub fibre nw??:s11: I'm using now to do my online quiz and every few mins the fibre internet gets DC. I'm on the old homehub 200 plan.

Nowadays i watch use much of cable TV, so planning to cancel this when my contract ends in sept and jump to M1 fibre $29/mth plan... Save $$ and better quality internet.

These days, keep getting lags and DC from fibre internet. Seems like my 4G data internet more stable and faster...
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top