StarHub MaxInfinity Fiber Optic - Experience

MamboBS

Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2009
Messages
142
Reaction score
8
try and let us know? :vijay:

:D i am looking for someone who have tried it. configuring the cisco is a pain in the ass without any eg. to reference. i am not cisco sexpert! just able to configure the basic settings.
 

AwfulChoc

Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2012
Messages
425
Reaction score
0
:D i am looking for someone who have tried it. configuring the cisco is a pain in the ass without any eg. to reference. i am not cisco sexpert! just able to configure the basic settings.

if you have got the hardware then can try ma (seems like you have 1)
i don't have so can't do anything.
 

randomforumer

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
0
hi guys,
Is it possible to have both the huawei hg256 and the dlink n5402 together ???
let's say i call starhub and tell them i want to use the huawei hg256 also ./...
 

MamboBS

Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2009
Messages
142
Reaction score
8
from what i heard from some engineers, there is a 15digit login/password on the ont for singtel so i assume it will be the same on starhub? waiting for them to mail me more info for reference.
 

AwfulChoc

Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2012
Messages
425
Reaction score
0
from what i heard from some engineers, there is a 15digit login/password on the ont for singtel so i assume it will be the same on starhub? waiting for them to mail me more info for reference.

hmm... the 15digit is on your ONT ma. shhhhhhh.... :vijay::vijay::vijay:
 

MamboBS

Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2009
Messages
142
Reaction score
8
Found a interesting thing, cust on starhub business fibre dynamic plan. using huawei ont to own router cisco rv120w. On the wan settings is connected via pppoe, the username is xxxxx@webspeed.com.sg:s22: why is it connected to pppoe?
 

WTF!!!??

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2010
Messages
74
Reaction score
0
:D i am looking for someone who have tried it. configuring the cisco is a pain in the ass without any eg. to reference. i am not cisco sexpert! just able to configure the basic settings.

your gbic module might not be compatible with those use in the ISP


there are thousand of gbic modules
what gbic module you have?
some cannot do simplex

use CISCO ONT lah
 

stilnox

Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2001
Messages
144
Reaction score
0
mine is flashing as well.

1818446100.png

mine register is blinking as well.. BUT SH told me it is supposed to blink.
and also having surfing issue on wireless.. sad...
 

AwfulChoc

Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2012
Messages
425
Reaction score
0
intermitted page cannot be displayed but when i check on my desktop wired
there is no issue.. come back to notebook hv surfing issue.. it always comes and go.. normally lasting for appx 3-15 sec..

wow, probably you might want to contact starhub for a replacement.
 

stilnox

Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2001
Messages
144
Reaction score
0
wow, probably you might want to contact starhub for a replacement.

day 2 when i got it, i already report to starhub and mention here.. till now it comes and go.. will monitor some more.. but i think i might just give up and buy that reckons asus rt-n56u and do bridging while waiting for possibility of connecting directly to ONT or consider that 615/655.. i just pray that these 3 model with have a better and more stable wireless.
 

RomeoOne

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2009
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Weak wireless signal - Help !

hi guys, I am not very good with IT for a start. I am running on the Starhub Fibre broadband 100mbps for about 3 months. I was given the Huawei HG256 for my router.

I serious find the wifi signal very weak because the router is placed in the living room and my devices like laptop and tablet are all in the bedroom. It can be as bad as 6-7mbps only at times. Single digit always !!

I am now looking at changing the Huawei router for a better one maybe Belkin or the Cisco linksis. However, I noticed some of you guys here mentioning that we cant do that when we are with Starhub. Looking at this thread for the whole night already but I am still not sure if I can get my router changed to a better one to better the weak wifi signal Huawei is giving me.

What can I do to help ? I am seriously considering buying a better router but not sure if it is compatable..

Seriously need help.... Thanks in advance guys !!! I am really no IT expert... :s13:
 

AwfulChoc

Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2012
Messages
425
Reaction score
0
hi guys, I am not very good with IT for a start. I am running on the Starhub Fibre broadband 100mbps for about 3 months. I was given the Huawei HG256 for my router.

I serious find the wifi signal very weak because the router is placed in the living room and my devices like laptop and tablet are all in the bedroom. It can be as bad as 6-7mbps only at times. Single digit always !!

I am now looking at changing the Huawei router for a better one maybe Belkin or the Cisco linksis. However, I noticed some of you guys here mentioning that we cant do that when we are with Starhub. Looking at this thread for the whole night already but I am still not sure if I can get my router changed to a better one to better the weak wifi signal Huawei is giving me.

What can I do to help ? I am seriously considering buying a better router but not sure if it is compatable..

Seriously need help.... Thanks in advance guys !!! I am really no IT expert... :s13:

you can always get a better router and bridge it.
 

Qubicfactor

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2003
Messages
7,700
Reaction score
692
day 2 when i got it, i already report to starhub and mention here.. till now it comes and go.. will monitor some more.. but i think i might just give up and buy that reckons asus rt-n56u and do bridging while waiting for possibility of connecting directly to ONT or consider that 615/655.. i just pray that these 3 model with have a better and more stable wireless.

Connecting to ONT directly with N56U is possible, but Voice support is still lacking, and you will have to wait for a firmware from Asus to solve that.
 

Haman

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2003
Messages
1,208
Reaction score
72
Guys, I need some advise here. I'm currently on MaxOline Express with Motorola 5121 cable modem with digital voice enabled. Current router use is Dlink 624+(54). Will be going to recontract to MaxInfinity 100M this coming Sunday. I read the first page of the setup done by MarineX. Can I use back my router 624+ with Starhub RG? Or do I need to purchase another router? My laptops are few years old as well so I do not think they have "N" capabilities yet, up to "G" mode only. In that case, going to Fibre optics, will this affect the wireless speed on these laptops? TP is in living room next to TV, laptops are in bedroom/study room. RG should be in living room as well. Planning to get the Aztech homeplugs HL115EP x 2. Preferably all wireless usage although 1 homeplug maybe plug with cable since its permanently in study room. I believe the 2nd homeplug should be plug at the TV place as well, right? Can you advise what else I need to purchase? I'm not sure what I'm writing above is correct or not. Thanks.
 

ak6110

Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
116
Reaction score
0
Guys, I have just change my D-Link router from SH to AUSU RT-n56u and with some changes to configuration, the router work much better than D-Link, but the only thing is the VOIP is still not working. So if you guys do not use the VOIP, then upgrade to this router, you will be amaze.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top