StarHub MaxInfinity Fiber Optic - Experience

Bieffe

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2001
Messages
6,021
Reaction score
50
Hi guys, I just switched to starhub 1gbps fibre and would like to check if the speed alright? Fibre just got installed today.

Is this by LAN or wifi. If LAN u better call them. If WIFI try standing next to router and test again. This is very slow.
 

cracker

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
50,122
Reaction score
1,560
So how is the experience with SH 1 Gbps ?

My homehub 100 contract had or will expire within this mth...

I am deciding to get the Homehub 1000 or go over to the red camp..cos I am subscribing to the Mio stadium....

After calculating left , right and centre.... the price are less than $10 difference...

Pro from SH camp:
1) I have 2 mobile line with SH too...so enjoy 20% off the mthly subscription too.
Red camp is giving 15%

2) 1 GB of Mobile BB against Red camp of 500 MB.. but then again I seldom use it.

hmmm...headache.
 

frozenjw

Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2014
Messages
214
Reaction score
13
Is this by LAN or wifi. If LAN u better call them. If WIFI try standing next to router and test again. This is very slow.

The speed test was done using the 5ghz wifi signal. I'm actually using a wireless adapter connected to my desktop (TP-Link AC1200). Are there any other better wireless solutions which will improve the speed?
 

Hidit69

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2008
Messages
2,322
Reaction score
1
The speed test was done using the 5ghz wifi signal. I'm actually using a wireless adapter connected to my desktop (TP-Link AC1200). Are there any other better wireless solutions which will improve the speed?

Get a better adapter or use direct LAN. What you're gettting is good enough for the adapter you're using imo.
 

LycosaEx

Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2008
Messages
232
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

I have recently installed the starhub 1 Gbps fibre.

However, it has proven to be completely unusable since the technical installation on 9 June 16.

I have called the starhub customer service multiple times and it has been fruitless where the plan still fails to work.

Have any of you experienced delays and how long do you think that it would take for the 1Gbps plan to work/be activated ?

I have not had a fibre broad band contract before this 2 year contract.
 

Hidit69

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2008
Messages
2,322
Reaction score
1
Hi all,

I have recently installed the starhub 1 Gbps fibre.

However, it has proven to be completely unusable since the technical installation on 9 June 16.

I have called the starhub customer service multiple times and it has been fruitless where the plan still fails to work.

Have any of you experienced delays and how long do you think that it would take for the 1Gbps plan to work/be activated ?

I have not had a fibre broad band contract before this 2 year contract.

So during the installation on 9th June, were you there to verify that it was up and working with the technician?

If you were there, then elaborate more on what the technician installed or did.
 

LycosaEx

Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2008
Messages
232
Reaction score
0
So during the installation on 9th June, were you there to verify that it was up and working with the technician?

If you were there, then elaborate more on what the technician installed or did.

He installed the nucleus connect modem and the dir 868l, and told me it would take a few hours for the internet to activate.
 

Hidit69

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2008
Messages
2,322
Reaction score
1
He installed the nucleus connect modem and the dir 868l, and told me it would take a few hours for the internet to activate.

Honestly, if that was the case, I wouldn't sign the work order form at all. Installer/technician should only leave with signed work order form once services are up and working.

Anyway, do the standard power cycle for ONT and router. If its still down, call to complain. Email if you have to.
 

deathblade82

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2002
Messages
1,584
Reaction score
29
Honestly, if that was the case, I wouldn't sign the work order form at all. Installer/technician should only leave with signed work order form once services are up and working.

Anyway, do the standard power cycle for ONT and router. If its still down, call to complain. Email if you have to.

Yes, that sld be the service standard from the installer. Even if you don't sign the form, you will still be billed once the service has been activated from their side.
 

Bieffe

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2001
Messages
6,021
Reaction score
50
Bloody he'll suddenly no internet! Reset both router and modem also same.
 

tungsten2

Master Member
Joined
May 30, 2000
Messages
4,147
Reaction score
1
heng, my custom made LAN cable by the Singtel technician 4 or 5 years ago still able to achieve this speed. Length from router to pc is around 16 to 18 meters.
Just upgrade from 200 mbps to 1gbps this month.

muvry8.png
 

chinesepunk123

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2008
Messages
75
Reaction score
0
Hi sifus,

Need help. My wifi speed in StarHub test site is about 100mbps. Wifi Oakla Speedtest is 30-50mbps. Ont cable test seed via StarHub test site is 880mbps.

Setup: Tp > ONT > DIR 850
*note I connect one cable(from router to a Xiaomi tv box. Not sure if this affects the wifi speed.

1. I forgot the pw for admin access to my router. How ah?
2. Is 50mbps via oakla speedtest scceptable? Or 100mbps via StarHub test site.
3. Any idea how to improve this?

Thanks. Bros.
 

tungsten2

Master Member
Joined
May 30, 2000
Messages
4,147
Reaction score
1
1. Reset you router.
Reset button should be underneath the router.
Need to reconfigure again after reset.
2. Need to know what broadband plan and what Wi-Fi adapter and what connection speed
3. Need more info from no. 2
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top