StarHub MaxInfinity Fiber Optic - Experience

xiuxiu

Master Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2004
Messages
2,661
Reaction score
0
upgrade the HG256 firmware to 23 and now ESR 9850 can not detect the WAN.
I follow the setting
"on 3rd party Router WAN IP:
Static IP
IP Address: 192.168.1.2"- I got "Invalid IP address" message
 

Frontiers

Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
351
Reaction score
0
upgrade the HG256 firmware to 23 and now ESR 9850 can not detect the WAN.
I follow the setting
"on 3rd party Router WAN IP:
Static IP
IP Address: 192.168.1.2"- I got "Invalid IP address" message

post some screen capture here it will help alot.
 

xiuxiu

Master Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2004
Messages
2,661
Reaction score
0
post some screen capture here it will help alot.

once disable the DHCP of the RG,the ESR9850 can't detect any WAN.
I have to enable it and here is the internet setting:
491a9c33.jpg


However, i still can't access the internet by my router.:s11:
 

stool3037

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2007
Messages
2,304
Reaction score
1
why are you guys bridging the hw router to a 3rd party one? if the hw router given by starhub is lousy, you should demand them to give u the better dlink. Its their decision to limit the router to just these 2 models and if either one is crap, then they should bear the responsibility.

m1 & singtel dun have this crap, cos they let their customers choose what router they like. If sh wanna control, then they jolly well take responsibilty.
 

Frontiers

Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
351
Reaction score
0
why are you guys bridging the hw router to a 3rd party one? if the hw router given by starhub is lousy, you should demand them to give u the better dlink. Its their decision to limit the router to just these 2 models and if either one is crap, then they should bear the responsibility.

m1 & singtel dun have this crap, cos they let their customers choose what router they like. If sh wanna control, then they jolly well take responsibilty.

you sure ?
 

pIsangpIsang

Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2007
Messages
110
Reaction score
0
Sinistal said:
I see. Is it an isolated case since there's only like.. 3 guys having the same problem here?
Not sure. Im in the west side, Bukit Panjang.
Now with the 4gig BF3 patch @ 500kbps, dont know how long that will take. Sibeh sucking thumb right now
 

Frontiers

Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
351
Reaction score
0
once disable the DHCP of the RG,the ESR9850 can't detect any WAN.
I have to enable it and here is the internet setting:
491a9c33.jpg


However, i still can't access the internet by my router.:s11:

ss of your huawei as wel ? try static map ? turn off device then boot them up again?
 

Aishya

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2011
Messages
2,451
Reaction score
0
ive posted earlier here
other applications works as normal. only http is affected. so its either they got traffic shaping or their proxy is messed up

I'm having problems too. I'm connecting using both Starhub Maxonline Cable & Starhub Hubstation 1mbps. Both of them are facing similar issues with HTTP.

Sometimes I'm able to surf properly and websites load up at the regular speed. But at other times it'll just refuse to load up any website at all, whether it's local or overseas. Websites include: Google, Facebook, HWZ and several others.

I've actually been facing this issue for about a week or more I think, but it happened in short spurts so I didn't bother too much about it. But today it's been constantly happening. Down for 3 minutes, up for 3 minutes, down again, up again, down, etc. :(

Tried to call the Maxonline Tech Support department but I'm unable to get through to them. I called up another department and they said that the Maxonline Tech Support is having extremely high call volume tonight, so he says he thinks there might be some issue with the Maxonline internet.
 

pIsangpIsang

Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2007
Messages
110
Reaction score
0
I'm having problems too. I'm connecting using both Starhub Maxonline Cable & Starhub Hubstation 1mbps. Both of them are facing similar issues with HTTP.

Sometimes I'm able to surf properly and websites load up at the regular speed. But at other times it'll just refuse to load up any website at all, whether it's local or overseas. Websites include: Google, Facebook, HWZ and several others.

I've actually been facing this issue for about a week or more I think, but it happened in short spurts so I didn't bother too much about it. But today it's been constantly happening. Down for 3 minutes, up for 3 minutes, down again, up again, down, etc. :(

Tried to call the Maxonline Tech Support department but I'm unable to get through to them. I called up another department and they said that the Maxonline Tech Support is having extremely high call volume tonight, so he says he thinks there might be some issue with the Maxonline internet.
Try dropping them a technical support email on their site. They will reply within 2-4 working days. That's how i raised the supernet routing issue to them.
 

sinistral

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 11, 2005
Messages
6,893
Reaction score
302
Not sure. Im in the west side, Bukit Panjang.
Now with the 4gig BF3 patch @ 500kbps, dont know how long that will take. Sibeh sucking thumb right now

500kbps seems alright to me if the file isn't hosted locally, in my case it was <10kbps for a 10MB mediafire file. Pretty bad for fibre connection.
 

samloi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2007
Messages
29,186
Reaction score
2,561
sibeh jialat. cant download at all from Megaupload, Oron is pratically unusable. LLST get filesonic to climb, I think i'm crazy to be premium user for 3 services. Hope starfug gets this settles soon, i'm losing money everyday.
 

samloi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2007
Messages
29,186
Reaction score
2,561
sibeh jialat. cant download at all from Megaupload, Oron is pratically unusable. LLST get filesonic to climb, I think i'm crazy to be premium user for 3 services. Hope starfug gets this settles soon, i'm losing money everyday.

anyone can help? i'm at my wits end liao......... Megaupload cant climb at all, Oron is like 10kbps only....wat happened?:(:sad::sad:
 

ch1234

Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2005
Messages
145
Reaction score
8
Same here leh. PPstream also cannot view also. Now really damn regret. Should have stick to cable:(
 

pIsangpIsang

Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2007
Messages
110
Reaction score
0
well the only way is to keep shooting email to their technical support and call their cso, bang table.
Or can wait till the end of the school holidays n hope all these crap goes away.
 

ch1234

Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2005
Messages
145
Reaction score
8
Bang table got use meh?? Now my WIFI at home really screwed. Internet either cannot access or super lag like hell. Really regret going to fiber. Even singnet ADSL syndrome is better then my stupid hub fiber now:s27:
 

Frontiers

Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
351
Reaction score
0
area issue i guess.

i see many people complaining but i am still happily cruising with my speed
 

Humster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2000
Messages
23,489
Reaction score
2,648
Hmmm Same problem here. Living in Bukit Panjang.

For the pass 4 days stuff are just loading slower then usual.
 

burger

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2002
Messages
8,367
Reaction score
8
with all the problems, I dunno whether to be happy that they just called me. apparently there are some "portal" issues from open net and hence my appointment has been postponed till dunno when.
 

oric1

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2001
Messages
1,792
Reaction score
92
with all the problems, I dunno whether to be happy that they just called me. apparently there are some "portal" issues from open net and hence my appointment has been postponed till dunno when.

same as you. mine was supposed to be tomorrow but was postponed to end Jan :(
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top