StarHub MaxInfinity Fiber Optic - Experience

stilnox

Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2001
Messages
144
Reaction score
0
Connecting to ONT directly with N56U is possible, but Voice support is still lacking, and you will have to wait for a firmware from Asus to solve that.

qubicfactor, you mean the n65u is now confirm can work with starhub white ONT?
 

stilnox

Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2001
Messages
144
Reaction score
0
Guys, I have just change my D-Link router from SH to AUSU RT-n56u and with some changes to configuration, the router work much better than D-Link, but the only thing is the VOIP is still not working. So if you guys do not use the VOIP, then upgrade to this router, you will be amaze.

can provide the link to set it up.. a bit lost le.. many thanks..
 

chesterqw

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2006
Messages
58,019
Reaction score
5
guys sorry arh, but the gateway Huawei HG256s can change to D-Link DVG-N5402SP?
issit a 1 to 1 exchange from starhub or i will need to pay ?

thanks!
 

stilnox

Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2001
Messages
144
Reaction score
0
guys sorry arh, but the gateway Huawei HG256s can change to D-Link DVG-N5402SP?
issit a 1 to 1 exchange from starhub or i will need to pay ?

thanks!

am on ultimate.. had bad wireless on huawei. They swap FOC for my case.
 

hanneng

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2000
Messages
508
Reaction score
2
Hi

currently, I'm on Starhub Cable and planning to sign-up MaxOnline Infinity 100Mbps.

can I re-use the EnGenius ESR9850 router?

can connect the ONT directly to EnGenius ESR9850? without using the Residential Gateway (RG) provided by starhub?

if not, what other ISP allow use own router?


thanks for your feedback
 

ngbc

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,605
Reaction score
218
Hi

currently, I'm on Starhub Cable and planning to sign-up MaxOnline Infinity 100Mbps.

can I re-use the EnGenius ESR9850 router?

can connect the ONT directly to EnGenius ESR9850? without using the Residential Gateway (RG) provided by starhub?

if not, what other ISP allow use own router?


thanks for your feedback

Starhub / Singtel - cannot use own router
M1 / Viewquest - can
MyRepublic - they provide ESR9850
SuperInternet - I'm not sure
 

LemonT

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
7,242
Reaction score
5
Starhub / Singtel - cannot use own router
M1 / Viewquest - can
MyRepublic - they provide ESR9850
SuperInternet - I'm not sure

You can set 2wire into a bridge mode and connect your own router.
 

MarkChenTW

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2011
Messages
1,363
Reaction score
0
update for you :)

Starhub / Singtel - cannot use own router
M1 / Viewquest - M1 if you have voip you need to use theirs / can
MyRepublic - they provide ESR9850 or you can use own router.
SuperInternet - can
 

RomeoOne

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2009
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Help!!!

you can always get a better router and bridge it.

Thanks AwfulChoc for your reply.

I got myself a Belkin N750db router but I am unable to set it up... :(

Can I know what do you mean by bridging ?? I am having a hard time for the whole day setting up and it still doesn't work. The Tech support from Belkin when I called, is transferred to their call center in Philliphines. The lagging in phone connection plus the language barrier is driving me crazy....

I saw some of you guys here mentioning that we cannot change the router given by StarHub to a 3rd party one. But another saying he changed to the Asus one and it works fine. Now I am seriously thinking if this Belkin router works for my case ??

Any kind souls or IT experts can help me on that ?

A million thanks !!
 

AwfulChoc

Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2012
Messages
425
Reaction score
0
Thanks AwfulChoc for your reply.

I got myself a Belkin N750db router but I am unable to set it up... :(

Can I know what do you mean by bridging ?? I am having a hard time for the whole day setting up and it still doesn't work. The Tech support from Belkin when I called, is transferred to their call center in Philliphines. The lagging in phone connection plus the language barrier is driving me crazy....

I saw some of you guys here mentioning that we cannot change the router given by StarHub to a 3rd party one. But another saying he changed to the Asus one and it works fine. Now I am seriously thinking if this Belkin router works for my case ??

Any kind souls or IT experts can help me on that ?

A million thanks !!

Asus can do direct due to tagging.
your belkin never heard of successful cases.

so your only way out, bridge it.
 

MarkChenTW

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2011
Messages
1,363
Reaction score
0
Thanks AwfulChoc for your reply.

I got myself a Belkin N750db router but I am unable to set it up... :(

Can I know what do you mean by bridging ?? I am having a hard time for the whole day setting up and it still doesn't work. The Tech support from Belkin when I called, is transferred to their call center in Philliphines. The lagging in phone connection plus the language barrier is driving me crazy....

I saw some of you guys here mentioning that we cannot change the router given by StarHub to a 3rd party one. But another saying he changed to the Asus one and it works fine. Now I am seriously thinking if this Belkin router works for my case ??

Any kind souls or IT experts can help me on that ?

A million thanks !!

worst to worst double Nating that should work at least.

i never really do bridge before...
 

Veloci_Raptor

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2009
Messages
73
Reaction score
0
hi guys, I am not very good with IT for a start. I am running on the Starhub Fibre broadband 100mbps for about 3 months. I was given the Huawei HG256 for my router.

I serious find the wifi signal very weak because the router is placed in the living room and my devices like laptop and tablet are all in the bedroom. It can be as bad as 6-7mbps only at times. Single digit always !!

I am now looking at changing the Huawei router for a better one maybe Belkin or the Cisco linksis. However, I noticed some of you guys here mentioning that we cant do that when we are with Starhub. Looking at this thread for the whole night already but I am still not sure if I can get my router changed to a better one to better the weak wifi signal Huawei is giving me.

What can I do to help ? I am seriously considering buying a better router but not sure if it is compatable..

Seriously need help.... Thanks in advance guys !!! I am really no IT expert... :s13:

You may want to refer to this link for the setting on those router that support VLAN (under item 3:VLAN ID Matrix
)

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/n...gbn-forum-320/ftth-knowledgebase-3385767.html
 
Joined
Aug 10, 2010
Messages
154
Reaction score
0
Hi all HWZ Members,
I just signed up for MaxInfinity 100 and what should I expect (routers, RG, ONT, etc) the SH ppl to bring on the installation day? Also, any tips on wat to look out for? Thanks.
 

randomforumer

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
0
Hi guys,
I currently using the huawei hg256s,...
If i want to use the dlink one.
Just call starhub and request for one ???
Thanks/..
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top