StarHub MaxInfinity Fiber Optic - Experience

pilotsnoopy

Senior Member
Joined
May 15, 2006
Messages
2,374
Reaction score
7
Called up starhub 3 weeks ago to setup/activate fibre for me

Gone through 4 to 5 CSOs and not ONE is willing to help to arrange for a setup date.

All are just wanting to say they will call me back, but never do. Everyone just wants to taiji the issue to the next CSO.

With this kind of sucky customer service attitude, cannot help but say that Sinkies are truly unsuitable for this job role.

I was with StarHub before...

sounds like you called 1633 and got to other depts instead of the Sales Line 1630...these departments will escalate to the Sales Line which might take some time to get back to you...

best is to call 1630 direct and they will be able to give you a date almost on the spot once they determine your place is ready for fibre(be it TP installed only or even if you have another fibre service already or had before and terminated) because they have access to a portal with ON...the 6 weeks of activation some people complain is not StarHub fault but the earliest activation date ON gives them...sometimes there are 'Premium' slots which is 2-3 weeks from your request...but that is also determined by ON...these slots are shared by all the providers...so if your CSO heng heng click book but then it could be gone also cos other provider CSOs or their team leaders/supervisor also booking...
 

epos

Master Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2000
Messages
2,973
Reaction score
3
My area just being wire up,(yeah fxxking late when the block opposite had it 2 years ago) thought of subscribing to fibre from MOL Ultimate.

Anything in double digit Mbps oversea download is good enough for me, I'm more concerned about the upload. I could never reach the advertised 10Mbps, the max is 550KBps during off peak, drop to 200~400KBps in peak hour. to be realistic, I don't expect Starhub actually give me 10Mbps upload, half of it is fine. just wish I can get a more stable upload connection.

so is the MaxInfinity with >50Mbps actually able to achieve that? maybe locally but what about oversea?

if anyone doing upload to filehosting site like Mediafire, Bayfile, etc. can you tell me your upload speed to these sites?

TIA.
 

lifeless99

Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2004
Messages
392
Reaction score
0
Need Some Advise...

Need Some Advise...

Today just got connected to Starhub MaxInfinity Fiber Optic.

The current Huawei RG wireless signal is quite weak. Was thinking of changing to either ASUS RT-N66U OR RT-N66U router but worried if it is incompatible due to settings and configurations since modem is still SH provided Huawei's.
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
My area just being wire up,(yeah fxxking late when the block opposite had it 2 years ago) thought of subscribing to fibre from MOL Ultimate.

Anything in double digit Mbps oversea download is good enough for me, I'm more concerned about the upload. I could never reach the advertised 10Mbps, the max is 550KBps during off peak, drop to 200~400KBps in peak hour. to be realistic, I don't expect Starhub actually give me 10Mbps upload, half of it is fine. just wish I can get a more stable upload connection.

so is the MaxInfinity with >50Mbps actually able to achieve that? maybe locally but what about oversea?

if anyone doing upload to filehosting site like Mediafire, Bayfile, etc. can you tell me your upload speed to these sites?

TIA.

I am on maxinfinity 100Mbps.

my bro can download from me at an average of 3-4.5MBps from South Korea.
 

epos

Master Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2000
Messages
2,973
Reaction score
3
I am on maxinfinity 100Mbps.

my bro can download from me at an average of 3-4.5MBps from South Korea.

Thanks for the info, I suppose its Megabyte and not Megabit?
could you also tell me the upload speed to filehosting size like Mediafire?
 
Last edited:

edwin21

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2000
Messages
5,038
Reaction score
0
Thanks for the info, I suppose its Megabyte and not Megabit?
could you also tell me the upload speed to filehosting size like Mediafire?

perhaps the upload speed is limited by mediafire? i try upload a file it stay ard 750kbps on starhub fiber
 

epos

Master Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2000
Messages
2,973
Reaction score
3
perhaps the upload speed is limited by mediafire? i try upload a file it stay ard 750kbps on starhub fiber

actually I didn't mean to say I can reach 550KBps upload to mediafire but the overall upload speed, usually can only be hit by torrent.

my upload speed to mediafire is a mere ~25KBps! if you actually got 750kiloByteper second for Starhub fibre, then I must be screwing by Starhub MOL.
 

edwin21

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2000
Messages
5,038
Reaction score
0
actually I didn't mean to say I can reach 550KBps upload to mediafire but the overall upload speed, usually can only be hit by torrent.

my upload speed to mediafire is a mere ~25KBps! if you actually got 750kiloByteper second for Starhub fibre, then I must be screwing by Starhub MOL.

kbps = kilobits per sec
KB/s or KBps = kilobyte per sec

750kbps = 93.75KB/s
550KBps = 4.4mbps

back when i using maxonline utlimate, my upload never go beyond 5mbps although speed test show 6.5mbps

from what i remember, maxonline seem to limit 2mbps upload per connection
 

palmero2009

Banned
Joined
Apr 7, 2009
Messages
543
Reaction score
0
Installed max infinity just a month ago... Good experience.. No intermittent disconnections... Using d-link router.. At living room... Wifi able to hit 3 bars even at my bed room... Thumps up starhub!
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
Installed max infinity just a month ago... Good experience.. No intermittent disconnections... Using d-link router.. At living room... Wifi able to hit 3 bars even at my bed room... Thumps up starhub!

I totally agree on the reach on wireless.
 

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2006
Messages
21,847
Reaction score
597
Anybody knows for the fibre broadband/home hubbing pack signup, the d3 copy received is digital or physical? Must go redeem from some shop is it or will SH give it.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top