Gribber
Banned
- Joined
- Apr 6, 2012
- Messages
- 11,562
- Reaction score
- 0
got free gifts mar
Me here also feel that he got something in exchange for the high premium.

got free gifts mar
are you 100% you are on Direct ONT ?
If direct ONT, any router should work, including the dlink router that starhub supply.
@Clock
I suggest you do a factory restore of the router and reconfigure everything.
1.Unplug your USB tethering, leaving only a LAN cable connected to one of the N56 router's LAN port.
2.Login to the router from web-browser and perform Factory Restore, wait patiently for the whole process to complete.
![]()
3.After the router re-booted, login as default user "admin" and password "admin" at http://192.168.1.1.
4.The Quick Setup Wizard should start. If not, click on the Quick Internet Setup button on the Top-Left column and follow thru' the wizard until completion.
5. Connect a LAN cable from the WAN port of N56 to LAN Port #1 of the ONT.
6. Power OFF & ON BOTH ONT & N56. Should be able to surf internet now....
Yes. confirm, guranteed, chopped + signed + bond. has a 10m cat 5E cable and connect from PC to NC directly. change cable as well. no go.
According to the technical staff from starhub, once we request for the direct connection, the DLINK no longer works. Even if I plug in the DLINK router, they cannot "read" the device. Maybe they read by MAC address.
I will try your method tonight when I am home.
The funny thing is that in the router itself, it says internet connected and has a IP address, 182.90.77.159. But on the PC, the network says "No Internet Access". I plug the LAN cable directly into the NC, port 1, no internet access. tried with a MAC, no working.
Another thing, woke up on Sunday morning, there is internet connection. Smooth like baby's butt. Evening power down all the devices as the whole family is out for dinner, went home and power up, no more internet connection.

According to me (confirm, guranteed, chopped + signed + bond), I can make my D-LINK N5402SP work even after my DIRECT ONT.
Turn on Router first - let it stable liao, followed by ONT.
can i borrow yours ?
YoU mean my n5402sp?
yeap.........................
Me here also feel that he got something in exchange for the high premium.

... got to shake till end of the year.... I went to their sh cares page to leave a feedback. According to them, they recognize that the YouTube issues after the outage is severe enough for them to receive multiple feedbacks so he say he will get back to me. Don't know if he will in 2-3 weeks time but maybe even if he reverts, the response could be no solution at this moment.
most likely no solution...in the meantime, just download the videos using Internet Download Manager's plugin or use a website such as YTD Video Downloader. Kinda defeats the purpose of streaming though...
ya lor.... free screwed by them.... deep deep....
Every month I look at the bill, I shake head.... $65++....... got to shake till end of the year....
![]()
Yes. confirm, guranteed, chopped + signed + bond. has a 10m cat 5E cable and connect from PC to NC directly. change cable as well. no go.
According to the technical staff from starhub, once we request for the direct connection, the DLINK no longer works. Even if I plug in the DLINK router, they cannot "read" the device. Maybe they read by MAC address.
I will try your method tonight when I am home.
The funny thing is that in the router itself, it says internet connected and has a IP address, 182.90.77.159. But on the PC, the network says "No Internet Access". I plug the LAN cable directly into the NC, port 1, no internet access. tried with a MAC, no working.
Another thing, woke up on Sunday morning, there is internet connection. Smooth like baby's butt. Evening power down all the devices as the whole family is out for dinner, went home and power up, no more internet connection.
Means u get something in return ma.
What is there to shake? You funny leh. Haha
there is a limit on number of Mac address can access within a certain time period. most likely u just exceed it.
you mean the NC has a limit to MAC addresses ?
Thats a piece of sh!t device then.
1 PC, 1 MAC, 2 routers and goes kaput ?!

Hmm.. I dont see what is so ****ty about it. The mac on the other hand is![]()
Don't know.
Called Starhub last night and bang table.
Today receive call from manager and bang table.
They sent someone to change the NC ONT. Finally, got an IP address but still no internet access. Technician makes some phone calls and shrug, says too high level and don't know what to do.
the wait continues.
hi. can I request starhub to connect my current home phone line to the fiber router or modem?
my current home phone is connected to a separate router. I would like to merge the home line with fiber broadband to make it look tidy