StarHub MaxInfinity Fiber Optic - Experience

lockks

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2008
Messages
6,763
Reaction score
351
Given up on SH long ago, luckily dun have to deal with them anymore once I settle the last billing.

yeah i fully regretted.

I want to cancel the contract leh.
Singtel and M1 won't give me such sh-it.
Starhub is bad...no they are atrocious.
 

luei74

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2001
Messages
28,986
Reaction score
6,973
Frankly I'd been with SH for >10 years if recall correctly, so far still with their MOL 3mbps + DV, contracts will be finish coming Jan 2014. Subscribing their sport channel but terminated ever since the reds took over the BPL and CL. I don't really have any issue with both of my internet and the digital voice.

Wondering if I will still continue with their fibre plan on next year, or I should go and try others. I need to retain my DV number. So currently MR and VQ are out, if they are able to have number retention on 2014, definitely these two will be my priority.

Beside orange and the reds, look like the reds are more consistent and currently they are giving the Aztech 7000 which the review are quite good.

I would like to hear about some comments of the fibre plan of the green. My usage are more on:
1). Surfing.
2). BT download.
3). xbmc on the live sport matches.
4). 4 wifi connection on smart phone.

I don't play online games, personally thought will be at the pretty low usage of the plan.
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
Frankly I'd been with SH for >10 years if recall correctly, so far still with their MOL 3mbps + DV, contracts will be finish coming Jan 2014. Subscribing their sport channel but terminated ever since the reds took over the BPL and CL. I don't really have any issue with both of my internet and the digital voice.

Wondering if I will still continue with their fibre plan on next year, or I should go and try others. I need to retain my DV number. So currently MR and VQ are out, if they are able to have number retention on 2014, definitely these two will be my priority.

Beside orange and the reds, look like the reds are more consistent and currently they are giving the Aztech 7000 which the review are quite good.

I would like to hear about some comments of the fibre plan of the green. My usage are more on:
1). Surfing.
2). BT download.
3). xbmc on the live sport matches.
4). 4 wifi connection on smart phone.

I don't play online games, personally thought will be at the pretty low usage of the plan.

the 7000 cmi leh
 

Sadist4life

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2008
Messages
854
Reaction score
50
6 more months and I'll be rid of "Star"hub fibre. That's one decision I will never regret. The next decision I will make is to remove the data plan from my "Star"hub mobile. In fact, all 3 telcos' data plans suck.
 

deathblade82

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2002
Messages
1,584
Reaction score
29
6 more months and I'll be rid of "Star"hub fibre. That's one decision I will never regret. The next decision I will make is to remove the data plan from my "Star"hub mobile. In fact, all 3 telcos' data plans suck.

If all 3 sucks. Can u be the 4th one ???:s13::s13::s13:
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
Hi there .. What supposedly be a small upgrade project turned out to be a super nightmare for me .. After 2 days of phone calls with SH . Now my internet is working directing frm OTP on Port 1 directly but i cant get my rou ter workin .. Its a N56 asus btw .. Any kind souls aound my area can help ? Seiously i need it .. Pls contact me 98475847 kenn .. Im in Sengkang

OTP on Port 1 directly to WHERE?
 

habsters

Senior Member
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
644
Reaction score
1
Asus n56 wan port ...

try resetting the router ba, if u set special requirements on the N56U before.
i bought N56U for the special requirements (VLAN VID) when direct ONT was still impossible, but switched to direct ONT and continued using N56U :D
my 2cents
 

kenn_lee

Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2000
Messages
116
Reaction score
0
try resetting the router ba, if u set special requirements on the N56U before.
i bought N56U for the special requirements (VLAN VID) when direct ONT was still impossible, but switched to direct ONT and continued using N56U :D
my 2cents
Default settings .. Upgraded firware as of thread .. Nv touch anything .. Still cannot . Pissed off max ..
 

kenn_lee

Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2000
Messages
116
Reaction score
0
capture your WAN settings in ASUS and paste it here


Will do so tonite when home frm work . Planning to do a hard reset on router as well. Btw , are the any settings to be done in the WAN settings ? My soo far has been left untouched as default .
 

jeffrey745

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2008
Messages
12,765
Reaction score
1,590
Hey ,I'm planning to switch from my cable broadband to fibre internet
Can anyone recommend which is the best Telco to sign fibre with? And also is starhub fibre internet good? I'm looking to sign a family package that includes cable tv,should I consider singtel package or stay with my starhub cable? Lastly, if I sign starking fibre,which is the recommended setup that I use,like router and settings? Is the starhub provided router good enough? Thanks!
 

ngbc

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,605
Reaction score
218
Will do so tonite when home frm work . Planning to do a hard reset on router as well. Btw , are the any settings to be done in the WAN settings ? My soo far has been left untouched as default .

Yes, better do a reset as what habsters did.

TUCyvbM.jpg


WAN Connection Type should be set to Automatic IP, and Select ISP Profile set to None.

iNhHv1G.jpg
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top