StarHub MaxInfinity Fiber Optic - Experience

phayze

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2000
Messages
5,286
Reaction score
233
Not true. I now having $39.90 plan, want to upgrade to $49.90 plan, and recontract another 24mths without taking free router also cannot. They just dun allow.


From what I know Starhub allows a subscriber to upgrade their current service plan to a higher end service plan but not they other way round. Once you choose to upgrade your service plan your 24 months contract will restart from the day the new service plan takes effect.
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
Actually

It depends on which "freebies/bundle" you got.

Depending on which it determines of you could upgrade earlier or not
 
Last edited:

melvinchen

Master Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2000
Messages
4,144
Reaction score
35
Not true. I now having $39.90 plan, want to upgrade to $49.90 plan, and recontract another 24mths without taking free router also cannot. They just dun allow.

They allowed me to upgrade from HomeHub 200 to HomeHub 500 but my 24 months contract will be restarted.
 

phayze

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2000
Messages
5,286
Reaction score
233
Maybe they dun want to earn too much. Under the starhub app, it say recontract eligibility is yes. But i call in, they say cannot.


They allowed me to upgrade from HomeHub 200 to HomeHub 500 but my 24 months contract will be restarted.
 

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
7,577
Reaction score
347
Maybe they dun want to earn too much. Under the starhub app, it say recontract eligibility is yes. But i call in, they say cannot.

You can try calling in again and request for upgrade. Request in a nice way and they have no reason to reject you since you are sticking with them. I upgraded from cable to fibre in the past when I still have a year plus of contract left.
 

melvinchen

Master Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2000
Messages
4,144
Reaction score
35
Maybe they dun want to earn too much. Under the starhub app, it say recontract eligibility is yes. But i call in, they say cannot.

My HomeHub 200 was recently installed on 28 Mar 2015 I requested to upgrade to HomeHub 500 due to insufficient bandwidth during peak hours.
 

phayze

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2000
Messages
5,286
Reaction score
233
I call in 3 times. All say cannot upgrade. No way to do it. Talk nicely also no use. I tell them that I dun need the free router or any other freebies. They say cannot also.




You can try calling in again and request for upgrade. Request in a nice way and they have no reason to reject you since you are sticking with them. I upgraded from cable to fibre in the past when I still have a year plus of contract left.
 

phayze

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2000
Messages
5,286
Reaction score
233
Maybe because u change to homehub which include TV. As I already have Starhub TV as a separate subscription, I just want to upgrade my fibre plan. They insist can only upgrade after my contract finish.



My HomeHub 200 was recently installed on 28 Mar 2015 I requested to upgrade to HomeHub 500 due to insufficient bandwidth during peak hours.
 

Soccer Ball

Suspended
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
9,859
Reaction score
3,510
I just called them. They allow me to upgrade to 1gb plan.
I'm into 1 year contact. So next Monday on will restart 2 years with them :) kudos to starhub
 

Twilight

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,734
Reaction score
3
How long is yr contract.. How come 1 yr can renew.. Some cannot? Double standard?

I was told as long u serve 21 mths.. U can recontract.
 

Soccer Ball

Suspended
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
9,859
Reaction score
3,510
How long is yr contract.. How come 1 yr can renew.. Some cannot? Double standard?

I was told as long u serve 21 mths.. U can recontract.

From march 2014 till now about 13 months. They told me can but of course no router etc. No need change ont in my case too. Next week just some down time while they do the changes
 

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
7,577
Reaction score
347
From my experience, Starhub is open to early upgrading of internet plans. I don't see any reason why they will reject you when you want to pay more.
 

Twilight

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,734
Reaction score
3
From my experience, Starhub is open to early upgrading of internet plans. I don't see any reason why they will reject you when you want to pay more.

Last time i paying $69.90 for 200Mbps

Now its $49.90 for 1Gb.. how to be paying more?
 

oric1

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2001
Messages
1,792
Reaction score
92
I just called them. They allow me to upgrade to 1gb plan.
I'm into 1 year contact. So next Monday on will restart 2 years with them :) kudos to starhub

How long is yr contract.. How come 1 yr can renew.. Some cannot? Double standard?

I was told as long u serve 21 mths.. U can recontract.

From march 2014 till now about 13 months. They told me can but of course no router etc. No need change ont in my case too. Next week just some down time while they do the changes

I just called them (spoke to 2 different CSOs - different timing), my contract ends Nov 15. They said cannot recontract now, must wait at least 21 months.

I told them that someone just recontracted in less than 21 months, both of them also said same thing, cannot, if want can but must pay something like $130.
 

phayze

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2000
Messages
5,286
Reaction score
233
Same. Currently paying $39.90, want to up plan to $59.90, they say cannot. Must finish contract first. So double standard.


I just called them (spoke to 2 different CSOs - different timing), my contract ends Nov 15. They said cannot recontract now, must wait at least 21 months.

I told them that someone just recontracted in less than 21 months, both of them also said same thing, cannot, if want can but must pay something like $130.
 

micheloving

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2009
Messages
7,355
Reaction score
1
Is any facing some weird sudden high ping /spike issues ? Web loading is choppy and speedtest crashes or analyzes very slowly .
Web sometimes loads slowly or images are not fully loaded .

I bypassed the router and connect directly to ONT same result . I changed DNS and problem still persist . Can't play any moba because of this issue .
What the heck Starhub?
 

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
7,577
Reaction score
347
Is any facing some weird sudden high ping /spike issues ? Web loading is choppy and speedtest crashes or analyzes very slowly .
Web sometimes loads slowly or images are not fully loaded .

I bypassed the router and connect directly to ONT same result . I changed DNS and problem still persist . Can't play any moba because of this issue .
What the heck Starhub?

What plan are you on?
 

what88

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2007
Messages
6,559
Reaction score
19
Not changing to the Dlink router.. Already using Asus Router..
They coming down to change the ONT..

Hi, any activation fee for your new contract?

My contract going due soon and still considering which plan to go for. My current router N66U can only support up 450Mbps, may be I should get a new AC router for my new plan. :)

.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top