StarHub MaxInfinity Fiber Optic - Experience

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
7,576
Reaction score
347
Let's say comparing between the hub club 1Gbps package (88.80/mth) and the current 1Gbps package at 49.90, which is better? assuming my mobile line is not with starhub.

If your mobile line is not with StarHub, then you better get the individual 1Gbps Fibre Broadband unless you have plans to change to your mobile to StarHub. For me, I have mobile, TV and Fibre services with them but I still choose to take up all individual plans instead of HomeHub. (That will still make me a hub club memebr with more discount)

Taking up individual plans will be cheaper monthly and your individual services can still get further discount (due to hub club benefits). Fibre will have 5% off, TV 10% off and mobile from 10-30% off depending on the number of lines you subscribed to. If you get the HomeHub, you won't have additional discount like what I have breakdown unless you need that measly 1GB mobile broadband and TV voucher to offset TV pack monthly (still I won't recommend).

One thing to note, for both solutions, you still need to add in $6.42 monthly for the TV set-top box rental.

Miss that promo. WTF.. Signed already promo come out..

Yeah that's very irritating. I posted on their facebook to see if I can still get it since my installation will only commence tonight.
 
Last edited:

crusainte

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2007
Messages
1,140
Reaction score
0
If your mobile line is not with StarHub, then you better get the individual 1Gbps Fibre Broadband unless you have plans to change to your mobile to StarHub. For me, I have mobile, TV and Fibre services with them but I still choose to take up all individual plans instead of HomeHub. (That will still make me a hub club memebr with more discount)

Taking up individual plans will be cheaper monthly and your individual services can still get further discount (due to hub club benefits). Fibre will have 5% off, TV 10% off and mobile from 10-30% off depending on the number of lines you subscribed to. If you get the HomeHub, you won't have additional discount like what I have breakdown unless you need that measly 1GB mobile broadband and TV voucher to offset TV pack monthly (still I won't recommend).

One thing to note, for both solution, you still need to add in $6.42 monthly for the TV set-too box rental.

Wa this is gooooood advice! Luckily I haven jumped into the Homehub plan!
 

what88

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2007
Messages
6,562
Reaction score
21
Yeah that's very irritating. I posted on their facebook to see if I can still get it since my installation will only commence tonight.

I prefer they will give me $100 voucher to offset for purchase a new router.
 

what88

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2007
Messages
6,562
Reaction score
21
Rental fee for the StarHub TV set-top box. Not the Fibre Broadband equipments.

This is what they stated on the website. :)

FREE ASUS MeMO Pad 7 with

ultrafast 1Gbps fibre broadband @ $49.90/month


Plus, enjoy FREE:

D-Link DIR-868L Wireless AC Dual-band Router worth $319
Fibre Termination Point installation worth up to $481.50
Service installation worth $53.50
StarHub TV Lite
FREE 14 channels
FREE set-top box rental
10% OFF Video On Demand titles

http://www.starhub.com/personal/promotions/broadband/april-broadband-online-exclusive.html
 

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
7,576
Reaction score
347
This is what they stated on the website. :)

FREE ASUS MeMO Pad 7 with

ultrafast 1Gbps fibre broadband @ $49.90/month


Plus, enjoy FREE:

D-Link DIR-868L Wireless AC Dual-band Router worth $319
Fibre Termination Point installation worth up to $481.50
Service installation worth $53.50
StarHub TV Lite
FREE 14 channels
FREE set-top box rental
10% OFF Video On Demand titles

http://www.starhub.com/personal/promotions/broadband/april-broadband-online-exclusive.html

Yes that is TV Lite. I'm talking about full fledged StarHub TV here on par with HomeHub.
 

what88

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2007
Messages
6,562
Reaction score
21
Yours installed? Do update here your connection. :D

U managed to get ASUS Memo Pad 7 after call in?
 

kennyg1969

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2000
Messages
5,935
Reaction score
0
Homehub 500

Wired via Asus RT-AC3200

4311247103.png


Wired via Starhub ONT

4311240540.png
 

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
7,576
Reaction score
347
Homehub 500

Wired via Asus RT-AC3200

4311247103.png


Wired via Starhub ONT

4311240540.png

Boss your upload are on a low side. I'm on wireless using my iPad Air 2, I am able to reach 300+ Mbps for my upload. Your download speed from your router is slightly low too. Did you turn on NAT accelerator?
 

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
7,576
Reaction score
347
Anyway just to update, StarHub has given me the ASUS MeMO Pad. Credits to them.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top