StarHub MaxInfinity Fiber Optic - Experience

luckyguitar

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2008
Messages
1,250
Reaction score
0
there is a reason for this

This message is hidden because luckyguitar is on your ignore list.

If i am full of crap.

I hate to say, i am no where daft. Instead, i know my stuff unlike you.


LOL, the real reason is you are butt hurt after i expose you the last time round making contradicting statements.
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
I have already explained my stance but if some noobs wanna continue to harp on it - so be it.

You still have not do yourself a favor to quote the truth (on traffic shapping) that i have said. I am still waiting for that.

Continue with your traffic shaping theory with Starhub!

Continue to mislead others then.


whichever that makes you happy.
 
Last edited:

luckyguitar

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2008
Messages
1,250
Reaction score
0
I hate to say, i am no where daft. Instead, i know my stuff unlike you. Clearly you do not hence you are willing to feed your hard-earned $ to Starhub.

Clearly, i can tell the forums are filled with daft people thinking that they are smart when in fact, there are ways to do things without spending more.

Go ahead and sink further believing that what you think is right.

I am out of this meaningless topic.

Oh wait, you make "Grats on falling into Starhub marketing gimmick" sarcastic remarks. When presented with valid points, instead of discussing further, goes on to call this forum daft, and finally labeling this a meaningless topic. Well done.
 

luckyguitar

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2008
Messages
1,250
Reaction score
0
I have already explained my stance but if some noobs wanna continue to harp on it - so be it.

You still have not do yourself a favor to quote the truth (on traffic shapping) that i have said. I am still waiting for that.

Continue with your traffic shaping theory with Starhub!

Continue to mislead others then.

whichever that makes you happy.


Are you senile? What have all these got to do with traffic shaping?
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,269
Reaction score
2,433
I'm just happy to spend that humble $49.90 per monthh for a configuration that met my need and situation.
 

rollbread

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2006
Messages
11,911
Reaction score
0
I just signed up HomeHub 200. Done speedtest from Starhub.

Download Speed: 91008 kbps (11376 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 94723 kbps (11840.4 KB/sec transfer rate)


and also from this
4397315077.png



I just find it to be lower than expected. Is this range normal?
 

keigo

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,968
Reaction score
2
I just signed up HomeHub 200. Done speedtest from Starhub.

Download Speed: 91008 kbps (11376 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 94723 kbps (11840.4 KB/sec transfer rate)


and also from this
4397315077.png



I just find it to be lower than expected. Is this range normal?

looks like faulty cables limiting the speed, try changing your cables.
 

luckyguitar

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2008
Messages
1,250
Reaction score
0
I just signed up HomeHub 200. Done speedtest from Starhub.

I just find it to be lower than expected. Is this range normal?


Check your lan cable. Starhub's tech guys are quite screw up. On the installation day, they gave me 2 cables and one of them was Cat5. So make sure yours is not Cat5.
 

tomb

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
32,669
Reaction score
358
My internet problem which has been ongoing for a couple of weeks was resolved yesterday without me doing anything, before a scheduled visit by their technician today. Funnily, when I called to cancel the appointment they told me there was none scheduled. Super cock-up. Also still haven't gotten back to me regarding my recontract.
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,173
Reaction score
17,437
Guys I have upgraded to this service. Do I need to do things like bridge the router with the ont device, or is it already done by default and I just need to do the usual port forwarding?
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
Guys I have upgraded to this service. Do I need to do things like bridge the router with the ont device, or is it already done by default and I just need to do the usual port forwarding?

That depends on what you get.

Unlikely there is a need for port forward if you are already on voice ont
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,173
Reaction score
17,437
That depends on what you get.

Unlikely there is a need for port forward if you are already on voice ont

The technician issued a voice ont together with the dlink wireless-ac router.

So your meaning is that if it's a voice ont, most likely is that the voice ont is already bridged with the router? :o
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
The technician issued a voice ont together with the dlink wireless-ac router.

So your meaning is that if it's a voice ont, most likely is that the voice ont is already bridged with the router? :o

VeCM - ac dlink.

You simply need to perform respective port forwarding (if required) if you are not going to change the router.

just treat your router as a normal router. Nothing else required to perform.
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,173
Reaction score
17,437
VeCM - ac dlink.

You simply need to perform respective port forwarding (if required) if you are not going to change the router.

just treat your router as a normal router. Nothing else required to perform.

So meaning to say I need not access the ONT's admin page as I do not need to make changes there right?

Btw, I notice that only Port 1 of the ONT is usable when connected to the router's WAN port and the Ports 2 to 4 do not work when connected to same WAN port. So I suppose only Port 1 is enabled for the ONT.

Also, since this fibre service comes with digital voice, I'm wondering if I should switch our household number to this digital voice since the land line is more expensive with about $55 every 3 months.

What are the costs of the digital voice monthly? $2 for it? And if I need to add on Caller ID and Call Waiting as per my existing land line, what are the total costs?
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
So meaning to say I need not access the ONT's admin page as I do not need to make changes there right?

Btw, I notice that only Port 1 of the ONT is usable when connected to the router's WAN port and the Ports 2 to 4 do not work when connected to same WAN port. So I suppose only Port 1 is enabled for the ONT.

Also, since this fibre service comes with digital voice, I'm wondering if I should switch our household number to this digital voice since the land line is more expensive with about $55 every 3 months.

What are the costs of the digital voice monthly? $2 for it? And if I need to add on Caller ID and Call Waiting as per my existing land line, what are the total costs?

1. yes
2. yes
3. you can always port over - there should be zero charge.
4. $8 (iirc) more for CallerID bundle.
 

Soccer Ball

Suspended
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
9,849
Reaction score
3,506
So meaning to say I need not access the ONT's admin page as I do not need to make changes there right?

Btw, I notice that only Port 1 of the ONT is usable when connected to the router's WAN port and the Ports 2 to 4 do not work when connected to same WAN port. So I suppose only Port 1 is enabled for the ONT.

Also, since this fibre service comes with digital voice, I'm wondering if I should switch our household number to this digital voice since the land line is more expensive with about $55 every 3 months.

What are the costs of the digital voice monthly? $2 for it? And if I need to add on Caller ID and Call Waiting as per my existing land line, what are the total costs?

think $2 for me
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,173
Reaction score
17,437
think $2 for me

$2 is only voice. No callerID and etc.

Yeah $2 for the vanilla digital voice. I tried it liao.... receiving doesn't show the caller's id, and there's no call waiting. :o

I will consider adding the extras in when requesting the number retention service. :o

Oh btw, do u know how long is the warranty period for the routers issued by StarHub? Cos I want to try Tomato firmware after the warranty is over. Had very fond memories of Tomato firmware with solid features during the Linksys WRT54GL period. :o
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top