StarHub MaxInfinity Fiber Optic - Experience

tomb

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
32,671
Reaction score
358
just upgraded to 1ghz. forgot about the free starhub tv lite. is it a separate appointment? also what are the 14 channels that are included?
 

what88

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2007
Messages
6,562
Reaction score
21
BTW folks,

For direct wired cable connection to my PC, how come my PC only can detect the 5Ghz band and therefore I can only wired connection to the 5Ghz.

The 2.4Ghz doesn't show up in wired connection list?

I mean, my wired connection shows "XXX-5GHz", so to speak.

I think it could be due to your PC network card, but I may be wrong. =:p

It really doesn't matter as you are using wired connection. ;)
 

bjornng

Master Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2010
Messages
2,858
Reaction score
0
just went simlim to rma the router. put it where my singtel router was originally. i connected to wifi right in front of the router, on 2.4ghz i get around 50mbps, 5ghz get around 285mbps. but when im further away from the router, i am only getting like 20mbps on 2.4ghz, sometimes even lower.

really think this dlink 868l cmi. on carousell see so many people selling, $100 for brand new also have...
 

halocast

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2005
Messages
58,627
Reaction score
1,789
BTW folks,

For direct wired cable connection to my PC, how come my PC only can detect the 5Ghz band and therefore I can only wired connection to the 5Ghz.

The 2.4Ghz doesn't show up in wired connection list?

I mean, my wired connection shows "XXX-5GHz", so to speak.

think not really issue since u using wired connection :s12:
 

halocast

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2005
Messages
58,627
Reaction score
1,789
just went simlim to rma the router. put it where my singtel router was originally. i connected to wifi right in front of the router, on 2.4ghz i get around 50mbps, 5ghz get around 285mbps. but when im further away from the router, i am only getting like 20mbps on 2.4ghz, sometimes even lower.

really think this dlink 868l cmi. on carousell see so many people selling, $100 for brand new also have...

i think its okay la.

i'm on old N .. i am getting ard 30++ when im next to router. :s22:

report back when i get the router
 

what88

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2007
Messages
6,562
Reaction score
21
just went simlim to rma the router. put it where my singtel router was originally. i connected to wifi right in front of the router, on 2.4ghz i get around 50mbps, 5ghz get around 285mbps. but when im further away from the router, i am only getting like 20mbps on 2.4ghz, sometimes even lower.

really think this dlink 868l cmi. on carousell see so many people selling, $100 for brand new also have...

What is your speed with wired connection?
 

bjornng

Master Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2010
Messages
2,858
Reaction score
0
What is your speed with wired connection?

speed with wired is max at 500mbps. so im guessing it's just the range of the 2.5ghz band of the dir 868l. read all the reviews, one of the common cons is the 2.4ghz range and performance..
 

bjornng

Master Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2010
Messages
2,858
Reaction score
0
guys, i got a question.

i already placed my dir 868l at a more central and high location, but i'm still getting quite bad imtermittent connections on both 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands.
since i can't profit much from selling the dir 868l, i was thinking of getting another router, probably the asus ac68u (or any good recommendations?), and then utilizing both for my house, because i live in a semi d, so there's 2 floors.

however, i am not sure what am i supposed to do.. use the ac68u as the connection to ont, and what about the dir 868l? is it bridge mode/access point or something? i just understand that an extender will half the speed, but that's not i want. i want to be able to have a much better signal throughout the house with 2 routers, without forgoing the speed. i've roughly read about it, but since i thought there was no need for it (until now), i didn't really focus much on it..

if someone could enlighten me on this, please :)
 

halocast

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2005
Messages
58,627
Reaction score
1,789
guys, i got a question.

i already placed my dir 868l at a more central and high location, but i'm still getting quite bad imtermittent connections on both 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands.
since i can't profit much from selling the dir 868l, i was thinking of getting another router, probably the asus ac68u (or any good recommendations?), and then utilizing both for my house, because i live in a semi d, so there's 2 floors.

however, i am not sure what am i supposed to do.. use the ac68u as the connection to ont, and what about the dir 868l? is it bridge mode/access point or something? i just understand that an extender will half the speed, but that's not i want. i want to be able to have a much better signal throughout the house with 2 routers, without forgoing the speed. i've roughly read about it, but since i thought there was no need for it (until now), i didn't really focus much on it..

if someone could enlighten me on this, please :)

hi iirc wireless extender.. the speed will drop..

if don't want speed to drop.

iirc is do a wired connection between both routers and set the second one as a access point.

this way yr speed will not drop and u got better coverage at the same time

Edited : powerline don't fit yr requirements
 
Last edited:

Multishot

Member
Joined
May 19, 2012
Messages
220
Reaction score
0
Not sure if this is the right place for a question, but has anyone else using Starhub fibre ever had issues with torrents?

Approximately yesterday 0930 I fired up a few torrents. Within a minutes my adapter immediately disconnects, but is immediately reconnectable. No such issues with internet browsing, heavy video streaming(i.e. twitch, youtube, netflix), or gaming(blizzard games, gw2)

I'm suspecting that it's something to do with my network. A utorrent tool which tests for bandwidth and ports immediately crashes when it reaches the "upload test". Similar situation with qbittorrent and other torrent setups

Connection is pitch-perfect in speed and reliability(for all other tasks) up until I attempt torrenting, in which case within a minute or two I'll immediately have to reconnect my connection

I've been on this service for a year and 3 months and I've never experienced something similar. It's close to the end of the month, and I'm starting to suspect that I've been imposed a bandwidth limit:s22:
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,209
Reaction score
17,454
Not sure if this is the right place for a question, but has anyone else using Starhub fibre ever had issues with torrents?

Approximately yesterday 0930 I fired up a few torrents. Within a minutes my adapter immediately disconnects, but is immediately reconnectable. No such issues with internet browsing, heavy video streaming(i.e. twitch, youtube, netflix), or gaming(blizzard games, gw2)

I'm suspecting that it's something to do with my network. A utorrent tool which tests for bandwidth and ports immediately crashes when it reaches the "upload test". Similar situation with qbittorrent and other torrent setups

Connection is pitch-perfect in speed and reliability(for all other tasks) up until I attempt torrenting, in which case within a minute or two I'll immediately have to reconnect my connection

I've been on this service for a year and 3 months and I've never experienced something similar. It's close to the end of the month, and I'm starting to suspect that I've been imposed a bandwidth limit:s22:
U mentioned adapter, so I assume that u are referring to wireless adapter rite? If so, then until u have tested the connection via wired LAN, u can't really conclude anything regarding the connection yet. Could also be the wireless adapter cannot handle high traffic too.
 

halocast

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2005
Messages
58,627
Reaction score
1,789
Not sure if this is the right place for a question, but has anyone else using Starhub fibre ever had issues with torrents?

Approximately yesterday 0930 I fired up a few torrents. Within a minutes my adapter immediately disconnects, but is immediately reconnectable. No such issues with internet browsing, heavy video streaming(i.e. twitch, youtube, netflix), or gaming(blizzard games, gw2)

I'm suspecting that it's something to do with my network. A utorrent tool which tests for bandwidth and ports immediately crashes when it reaches the "upload test". Similar situation with qbittorrent and other torrent setups

Connection is pitch-perfect in speed and reliability(for all other tasks) up until I attempt torrenting, in which case within a minute or two I'll immediately have to reconnect my connection

I've been on this service for a year and 3 months and I've never experienced something similar. It's close to the end of the month, and I'm starting to suspect that I've been imposed a bandwidth limit:s22:

maybe too much connection and yr router/ adaptor is overwhelm.

try to do some limits and test again.

:o
 

Multishot

Member
Joined
May 19, 2012
Messages
220
Reaction score
0
With how my house is and where the router is I'd say it's a bit impractical for common usage, but I will bring a spare laptop over for some testing through a hard-wired connection as per your suggestion

On the other hand, I've been frequently download up to 8-10 torrents of large sizes e.g. GoT episodes, movies, games etc. simultaneously for the past year and I've never experienced such issues. It just randomly started yesterday morning
 

SExiao

Master Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2004
Messages
2,601
Reaction score
0
Recently, I upgraded to the 1Gbps plan..... they came and exchange a new ONT..... was okay till yesterday when suddenly my connection ki siao..... on and off..... call SH... and expected say nothing wrong, must be my Asus router...... kns... before they change the ONT... nothing wrong... just about 1 week after they change ONT, problem surface....kns.... don't know what to do.... :s8:
 

rainbow99

Master Member
Joined
May 16, 2002
Messages
2,718
Reaction score
62
hi all, I recently upgraded from 200mbs to 1gbs plan. Strangely, over wireless, via an ac1200 adapter, my upload speed is consistently slower than my upspeed, by nearly half. This resulted in my upspeed to be even slower than in the past.

The results seem too consistent to be a coincident. Is there some seting that I need to tweak?

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.
 

ahbock

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
1,112
Reaction score
0
Anyone experiencing problem with your broadband? e.g network connection error.
 

ahbock

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
1,112
Reaction score
0
are you on cable or fibre?

my fibre is OK.

Fibre, i have done speedtest, upload and download speed ok, but facing intermittent connection problem. It takes longer time for the browser to load websites and lagging when online gaming.

Both direct and wireless connection same issue.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top