SUSS LAW 2022

Dragonster82

Suspended
Joined
Jun 16, 2013
Messages
61
Reaction score
23
I believe their questions will be based on your background, and whether you're going for LLB/JD. For me, it was "why law" and follow-up questions based on my responses. It's very fluid, so I suggest drawing a logic tree to that general question.
 

Lclaricecas

Junior Member
Joined
May 15, 2015
Messages
23
Reaction score
7
Just completed the interview.

The questions were not very significant in terms of technicality of the law, and I believe were mainly posed to get a clearer sense of how you communicate your ideas and possibly to get an idea of your temperament and personality through the answering of the questions.

It would be sufficient to prepare by thinking of the interview as a sales pitch, and in this case, yourself as the product. It was mentioned that this year's batch has over 200 applicants vying for 50 places. I was then given 5 minutes to convince the panel as to why I deserve a place amongst the 50. This is in reference to the JD course.

Prof Darren was helming the panel, and there were representatives from the industry from family law, criminal law, and the community. (A total of 4 in the panel) Be prepared to answer questions on which side of the coin you are more favourable towards - family or criminal law, and why.

Also be prepared to answer how you are planning to fund the full course fees as that was also brought up towards the end of the interview.

All the best to everyone who applied!
 

Lalala55

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2019
Messages
13
Reaction score
8
Hi all, just completed my interview today as well. Panel of 4 with dean Leslie leading the interview.

Like what the rest had mentioned, interview questions more on "why law". My interview started slightly earlier and lasted around 15 mins.

Good luck all!
 

uraniumboy

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2006
Messages
64
Reaction score
2
I had my panel interview yesterday with 6 panelists. Was about 15 mins with some usual questions on why law, why this program etc. Asked to elaborate on my volunteer experience and corporate life.

Cant tell if they liked me or if i had convinced them. The person chairing the interview was really smiley and friendly even when I was interrogated by other panelists. He gave me a big smile and wished me well before I exited LOL
 
Last edited:

uraniumboy

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2006
Messages
64
Reaction score
2
This thread on the 2022 admissions is unusually quiet unlike the threads on the previous years' admission. I wonder if people are generally less active this year or if there are less people applying.
 

Dragonster82

Suspended
Joined
Jun 16, 2013
Messages
61
Reaction score
23
This thread on the 2022 admissions is unusually quiet unlike the threads on the previous years' admission. I wonder if people are generally less active this year or if there are less people applying.
I do wonder about that too. But it seems like there are still lots of applicants, judging from the overall time-frame of interviews. Perhaps they're just toned down due to previous threads providing ample coverage on what to expect from the application process.

Fingers crossed, and I must admit that the wait is sure a nerve-racking one.
 

uraniumboy

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2006
Messages
64
Reaction score
2
Do you know how many applicants there are this year, the available places for both programmes, and the "time frame" of the interviews ?
 

Dragonster82

Suspended
Joined
Jun 16, 2013
Messages
61
Reaction score
23
Do you know how many applicants there are this year, the available places for both programmes, and the "time frame" of the interviews ?
I don't have any official information, but here's a guesstimate:
My interview was on 31 Aug, latest one I know of is 14 Sep.

Assuming consecutive interviews on weekdays, that's at least 11 days of interviews. So at least 120 applicants, assuming a humble amount of 10 applicants interviewed per day.

Available places, I'd assume ~70 places inclusive of both programmes, given the trend of previous batches.
 

uraniumboy

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2006
Messages
64
Reaction score
2
Thanks. I hazard a guess that it could be in the 400s or more based on the threads of the earlier batches. Anywho, I believe I did the best I could so the matter is out of my hands (for now). :)
 

thisrandomguy

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2021
Messages
10
Reaction score
7
I think the thread is quiet partly because some are applicants from last year as well? Also im not too sure how the weightage of everything we did will be taken into consideration etc. The wait really is super nerve racking and considering theres so little spots. The application itself takes close to a whole year.
 

Lclaricecas

Junior Member
Joined
May 15, 2015
Messages
23
Reaction score
7
Do you know how many applicants there are this year, the available places for both programmes, and the "time frame" of the interviews ?
Hey there, as mentioned in my previous post about my interview, it was brought up right at the beginning by Prof Darren that this year's batch has over 200 applicants vying for 50 places. Our odds are not too bad, so I hope that this gives you some reassurance - but I reckon that it might not nearly be enough to tide you til' the mid of November! :p Stay positive in the meantime.
 

uraniumboy

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2006
Messages
64
Reaction score
2
Hey there, as mentioned in my previous post about my interview, it was brought up right at the beginning by Prof Darren that this year's batch has over 200 applicants vying for 50 places. Our odds are not too bad, so I hope that this gives you some reassurance - but I reckon that it might not nearly be enough to tide you til' the mid of November! :p Stay positive in the meantime.
Thanks! That’s 1 in 4 to 5 or 20 - 25% probability.

I’m pretty chill right now as I feel that I did my best for my Personal Statement and panel interview. It’s out of my hands now. :)
 

Dragonster82

Suspended
Joined
Jun 16, 2013
Messages
61
Reaction score
23
So exciting, perhaps less than 5 days left!

One of the panelists informed that it would be between 3rd and 4th week of November, so don't get your hopes too high for 15 Nov.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top