SUSS Law 2023

Lclaricecas

Reaction score
Starting this thread to collate future application queries and sharings about the SUSS Law 2023/01 intake.
Hope to see you guys in person soon :) Take care!

Last edited:

bloopingsun

Reaction score
I wonder how many provisional offers they gave out to 2023 intake batch.

Lclaricecas

Reaction score
Amongst us from the previous thread I think we have close to five, I assume all under the JD track as well. I doubt that admissions will be answering that query with a straightforward answer for discretion purposes.

Are you still planning to appeal the decision?

Lalala55

Reaction score
Thanks for setting up this thread! I'm in LLB :) noticed that in 2020, there was one being offered provisional but he's was still in NS then. I was puzzled at first but looking on the bright side, this might just as well afford me the time to settle some new work arrangements etc. Looking forward to see you guys soon.

Successor.

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got the provisional offer for 2023/01 for the JD program.

Abit troublesome because my PSEA expired on 2020 and I already extended 1 year. Now I have to ask MOE to give me another year of extension.

Lclaricecas

Reaction score
I got the provisional offer for 2023/01 for the JD program.

Abit troublesome because my PSEA expired on 2020 and I already extended 1 year. Now I have to ask MOE to give me another year of extension.
Hey there,

Just to clarify based on your post in the other thread, did you also get offered the 2022/01 JD programme at a later date?

Successor.

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey there,

Just to clarify based on your post in the other thread, did you also get offered the 2022/01 JD programme at a later date?
Hello, yes they subsequently offered me the JD 2022/01 and I accepted. So I won’t be joining the 2023/01 and 1 slot free for others.🙂

Lclaricecas

Reaction score
Hello, yes they subsequently offered me the JD 2022/01 and I accepted. So I won’t be joining the 2023/01 and 1 slot free for others.🙂
That's great, so at least you don't have to worry about the PSEA arrangement now!(y)
I'll see you around in 2022/01 too then, I believe they re-offered me around the same time as you, although I didn't ask what was the reason for the delayed offer. Did you manage to find out/ask more about it?

oldman157

Reaction score
Morning All. Learned recently about the SUSS's JD course as I've been looking to do a JD for some time after I had a good time taking a module on international law and recent (years) of learning how much many of the families out there need aid or support of lawyers to help them in their cases. Glad at least now there's a programme that allows part time studies (instead of the full time option only at NUS and SMU).

Hence, checked out the www.justfollowlaw.com (blog and youtube) for awhile, read some of the earlier discussion on SUSS Law and literally registered an account here to follow up with conversation and learn from others out there. Or just find some kakis to join together in this journey.

Guess the first stop here is to apply and take LNAT for this year. Who's doing that? And for those who've done It... any tips?

OM~

DustyStrings

Reaction score
I think there is a price hike for the LNAT test. Last year was GBP $78, and this year onwards is GBP$120. Unable to find any promo code for it. :cry:

Lclaricecas

Reaction score
Hi there, sorry for the delayed response. The 2022 cohort has just finished our six-week long "Bootcamp" and we are about to embark on the next half of the semester. Feel free to DM me if you have any specific questions about the process.

General tips on the LNATs:

i) Prepare early.
Practice using past year papers (there are plenty for purchase or reference on an Amazon Kindle subscription, or other platforms of your choice).
I personally purchased an Arbitio subscription in order to get used to the format and timed essay scenario. It can be pricey compared to physical textbooks, but I enjoyed the process of this prep. ARBITIO10 was the code sent to my inbox to get a small amount off the full subscription fee. (Nope, not a sponsored post.)

ii) Read widely.
Get used to reading huge chunks of text and expect to be asked to write a short essay on it. When reading articles online etc., it would be helpful to jot down a short summary, your analysis of the article, whether you agree/disagree with the writer and evidence for your stand.

iii) Write convincingly.
During the LNATs you will be expected to write an essay under a strict time limit, and this portion is what is usually regarded as the most important section towards your admissions application. It mimics the pressures of the timed environment that student experience during graded assignments in class.

In my year (June 2021 LNATs), there were a few essay options and I selected "Sport fishing is morally acceptable" to argue that it not only is morally permissable but that it should be encouraged for reasons pertaining to humanist values and its therapeutic benefits. I bring it up to show you the general breadth (or randomness) of topics that may come up. There usually isn't a strict right or wrong answer for the essay portion - what examiners are looking for is the ability of the candidate to form coherent arguments (premise(s), evidence, conclusion).

Obviously you are not expected to create detailed essays with evidence taken from scientific journals (you will have no access to the internet and your phone during the LNATs, plus you will be under a time constraint of 40 minutes), but focus on forming logical statements to reach your conclusion in relation to the question. Time yourself during these practice writing sessions.

I hope this helps, and good luck!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.