SUSS Law 2023

cowruby

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2022
Messages
10
Reaction score
1
Hi just attended the essay and interview today. I have no idea how it went and is a long wait till the results are out.
wish you all the best @Asmodeous , just wondering, what were the essay topics like and how was the interview like? what kind of questions should we be expecting from the panel? thanks, hope you wouldn't mind sharing to help others out! :)
 

Porkribs123

Junior Member
Joined
May 12, 2021
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
Unfortunately, it did not turn out well for me. Even though I practised saying what I wanted to say for days, but my mind just went blank on that day. Felt pretty intimidated by the interview panel. Like as if i was in an interrogation chamber. Lol. They were unconvinced on my commitment and said I was fickle-minded. It really crushed my spirit. Sigh....

Anyway, my suggestion is that you read the news/articles (Straits Times, Business Times, LawWatch etc) on any latest development. Hope this helps! All the best!
 

cowruby

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2022
Messages
10
Reaction score
1
Unfortunately, it did not turn out well for me. Even though I practised saying what I wanted to say for days, but my mind just went blank on that day. Felt pretty intimidated by the interview panel. Like as if i was in an interrogation chamber. Lol. They were unconvinced on my commitment and said I was fickle-minded. It really crushed my spirit. Sigh....

Anyway, my suggestion is that you read the news/articles (Straits Times, Business Times, LawWatch etc) on any latest development. Hope this helps! All the best!
all the best, dont lose hope!
 

Asmodeous

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2022
Messages
8
Reaction score
2
Hi the questions they asked were related to the posts they asked as to read prior to attending the interview. They asked why law and followed up with why SUSS law. They also asked how I would juggle work commitments as well as if I would be able to find the course. Sorry for the late reply guys hectic at work preparing for ISO audit
 

cowruby

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2022
Messages
10
Reaction score
1
Hi the questions they asked were related to the posts they asked as to read prior to attending the interview. They asked why law and followed up with why SUSS law. They also asked how I would juggle work commitments as well as if I would be able to find the course. Sorry for the late reply guys hectic at work preparing for ISO audit
thanks alot for the info!
 

RangerJuris

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2022
Messages
8
Reaction score
3
Hi the questions they asked were related to the posts they asked as to read prior to attending the interview. They asked why law and followed up with why SUSS law. They also asked how I would juggle work commitments as well as if I would be able to find the course. Sorry for the late reply guys hectic at work preparing for ISO audit
Thank you for the info. I am also done with the interview today.
 

RangerJuris

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2022
Messages
8
Reaction score
3
Unfortunately, it did not turn out well for me. Even though I practised saying what I wanted to say for days, but my mind just went blank on that day. Felt pretty intimidated by the interview panel. Like as if i was in an interrogation chamber. Lol. They were unconvinced on my commitment and said I was fickle-minded. It really crushed my spirit. Sigh....

Anyway, my suggestion is that you read the news/articles (Straits Times, Business Times, LawWatch etc) on any latest development. Hope this helps! All the best!
I applied for the JD programme. Who are the interviewers during your interview?
 

RangerJuris

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2022
Messages
8
Reaction score
3
Hi! Care to share what the interview questions were like, how the essay was like and who was on your panel of interviewers?
Hi. My interviewers are Mr. Peter Ong, A/P Ferlin, Ms. Linda Ong and a guy i cant rmb his name lol. I am not too sure if i can disclose the essay question. Just read up on current affairs, it will definitely help.
 

alexy2408

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2008
Messages
18
Reaction score
1
just did the essay and the interview yesterday. not sure how will it go, hoping for the best! how about you guys?
 

Yoda M

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2022
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Hey
Hi. My interviewers are Mr. Peter Ong, A/P Ferlin, Ms. Linda Ong and a guy i cant rmb his name lol. I am not too sure if i can disclose the essay question. Just read up on current affairs, it will definitely help.
Hey, they were my interviewers too... my interview was on 30th Aug, around 10am... :)
saw in past threads, hv to wait a few mths for "final verdict".........haiz
 

Yoda M

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2022
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Unfortunately, it did not turn out well for me. Even though I practised saying what I wanted to say for days, but my mind just went blank on that day. Felt pretty intimidated by the interview panel. Like as if i was in an interrogation chamber. Lol. They were unconvinced on my commitment and said I was fickle-minded. It really crushed my spirit. Sigh....

Anyway, my suggestion is that you read the news/articles (Straits Times, Business Times, LawWatch etc) on any latest development. Hope this helps! All the best!
Cheer up !! u did what u could. Think they just want to see how we present ourselves. I am really glad i took this, i enjoyed the preparation process (including LNAT). Now just wait..... ...... ......
 

Yoda M

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2022
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Don't know about u all, but for the essay, my knee jerk response was to agree to with the user comments. while drafting my 1st para to sum up the issue, i decided to turn the other way. hahaha... i didn't concluded that i agree or disagree with the user comments, i simply state out other similar examples / precedent n ask what's the definition of appropriate or why the different treatment from previous.
 

RangerJuris

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2022
Messages
8
Reaction score
3
Don't know about u all, but for the essay, my knee jerk response was to agree to with the user comments. while drafting my 1st para to sum up the issue, i decided to turn the other way. hahaha... i didn't concluded that i agree or disagree with the user comments, i simply state out other similar examples / precedent n ask what's the definition of appropriate or why the different treatment from previous.
That's my stand too. I quoted Glenn Knight and Jason Tan as an example. I focus on the definition of 'fit and proper'
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top