Syfe REIT+

ooomygod

Reaction score
Hi

u sure u read my writeup?

Anything that crosses the line of bank account will impact on your net invesmt eg 100

eg u decided to dca $5 so your net invesmt is up by $5 ie 105

if u wdraw $70 out for
Emerg use?!!! Hence your net inv lesser by 70 ie 100-70: 30

If u opted out of divs $15? And that amt goes into bk??! Your net inv is lesser by 15
(But your own bank account is up by 15: the balance sheet of your net worth is alwys balanced)
Hi. The question is why should cash dividend affect initial investment? Example if you invest $1000 and the dividend is $10. Your initial investment stays at $1000 but there may be a MTM impact against the $1000. From a customer's perspective if you deduct the dividend from my initial investment, wouldnt my P&L remain net neutral? This means that the dividend gain is not a gain.

And it brings another qns, assume I go on a cash payout for 10years, what would my initial investment be based on their logic?

And I have gotten confirmation from their team that cash dividend payout should not affect initial investment. Their team is looking into it and responding by Monday.

Cheers!!!

dappermen

Banned
Reaction score
And it brings another qns, assume I go on a cash payout for 10years, what would my initial investment be based on their logic?
so long u wdrw an amt b it 4 emergency or to take a portion of your divs that will Surely lead to your invesmt amt lowerg!
cos tht amt wdrawn No Longer controls/own a share/stk it no Longer impact/create Value in the Pf anymore

it is also nt evn a 1% cash in ur Pf too

ooomygod

Reaction score
so long u wdrw an amt b it 4 emergency or to take a portion of your divs that will Surely lead to your invesmt amt lowerg!
cos tht amt wdrawn No Longer controls/own a share/stk it no Longer impact/create Value in the Pf anymore

it is also nt evn a 1% cash in ur Pf too
Hi. Im not withdrawing any amount. It is dividends which the underlying REIT portfolio pays on a periodic basis. This is the rightful amount that I am supposed to get on my capital investment.

Imagine you invest in a stock @ $1000, and it gives you dividend @ $10. There might be fluctuations against the $1000 but in no way am I calculating my MTM against $990. The reason being MTM will always be against the initial investment amount.

This is not what Syfe's calculation logic is and that's why I am looking for a plausible reason why I should accept this logic.

Cheers!!!

dappermen

Banned
Reaction score
So long it is a div payout from a bank to another bank (crossing line is a bank) then it is a wdrawl !
And
If u didnt allow your divs to be crossed ov to any bank(ie no wdrawl) then it will not impact on your invested amt

yes i admit it took me a long time to force myself to accept such a “logic”! Too

direbmem

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think dapperman explanation is wrong and I get what ooomygod is saying. If my investment is $10 and I receive $10 special dividend (hypothetical example), and assuming market value of the security remains at $10. My total net worth shd be $20.
Based on dapperman logic, my bank account would increase $10, and my investment would decrease by $10, making my networth constant at $10, which doesn't make sense. Dividend does reduce the price of the security theoretically, but it usually doesn't happen that way, in fact stock value can rise after dividend payout as well. But we are not talking about the mark to market impact here.

Dapperman, it not just a logic difference with no impact to networth. In this case, the logic that you explained results in a loss, if the value of the security remains the same or even increase.

dappermen

Banned
Reaction score
That is not my explanatn but Robo’s replies to me:

and invested amt is not mkt value

If u r using syfe app, your invested amt is lowered when u opted/wdraw divs out

Another figure reflected is mkt value, mkt value is mkt value, not invested amt

i will alwys transf/wdraw value out of my investmt, why wont tt drop the investmt amt lower?????

Last edited:

direbmem

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So based on my example above: $10 invested, $10 dividend paid out. Syfe would show invested amount = $0, market value = $10?

dappermen

Banned
Reaction score
I wish to have a 100% dpu too, yes i knw it a hypothetical qn set by u only ….to help all to understand

mkt value may or may not b 10 due to many factors

and for Robos like SA (i hve never do it in syfe for such case) , once invested amt hit 0
, it will all be reflected w a “dash”, all computations will come to a “null”/halt…..
- this is how robotic it is…. Lol

It will be better if your qn is direct to syfe and then share here and
Use this eg better which will not hit 0:
$10 invested, $9 dividend paid out. Syfe would show invested amount = $1, market value = $*?

(u need to reflect a much more worthwhile mkt value to churn out much more of output/dividends)

*: mkt value will also decrease due to wdrawl of cash/dividends (b it i like it Or not) :{
by the way when syfe computes tot mkt val = pf return+ divs recd+ curr pf value
Hence differentiate mkt val v invested amt

Last edited:

ooomygod

Reaction score
I wish to have a 100% dpu too, yes i knw it a hypothetical qn set by u only ….to help all to understand

mkt value may or may not b 10 due to many factors

and for Robos like SA (i hve never do it in syfe for such case) , once invested amt hit 0
, it will all be reflected w a “dash”, all computations will come to a “null”/halt…..
- this is how robotic it is…. Lol

It will be better if your qn is direct to syfe and then share here and
Use this eg better which will not hit 0:
$10 invested, $9 dividend paid out. Syfe would show invested amount = $1, market value = $*?

u need to reflect a much more worthwhile mkt value to churn out much more of output/dividends

*: mkt value will not decrease due to wdrawl of cash/dividends
by the way when syfe computes tot mkt val = pf return+ divs recd+ curr pf value
Hence differentiate mkt val v invested amt
Hi dappermen. Yes I have already reached out but have yet to see meaningful justifications as to why invested amount should decrease according to cash dividend payout. The only reason why I have reached out to this forum is to see whether anyone encountered this "unique" logic that Syfe uses and understand any meaningful responses / justifications that have been already shared.

Seems like not the case, will share findings when available.

Thank you. Cheers!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.