Syfe REIT+

Kojo0403

Reaction score
Can share how do I buy? Need to apply CDP account?
yea either you open a direct cdp account and trade via brokers that settle into it.

Or there are options like tiger, moomoo ifast, saxo, ibkr etc
You can open an account with them and start buying.

dappermen

Banned
Reaction score
the other lion sreit etf fell by 0.50%.
Ok the new csop closes the day w a dip of 0.7%

Can share how do I buy? Need to apply CDP account?
As kojo advised, if u r getting csop or the other Lion sreit, u need to have a broker (broker/platform fees apply, if any)

if u wanna get a robo and save yourself the trouble (less complicated interface) esp if u r investing 20k sgd or more and u wanna toy with other portfolio of robos… can use syfe….
This is a thread of syfe reits robo afterall
https://www.syfe.com/pricing
https://www.syfe.com/reit-plus
Only 20k sgd abv pfs (nt just syfe reits but inclusive of other pf) allowed u to opt to quarterly take out your dividends amassed in a disciplined manner…. And
If u wish to reinvest those dividends back into (fractional shares allowed) your reits? Then robo does it auto for u too

Still wanna stick to diy? (W broker)-
& wanna something Green/esg w apac exposure? Get this : https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...etf-sgx-grn-gre.6632094/page-2#post-137808131

Last edited:

Zinna

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How's the returns on REITS for this yr ? %?
I started in late Jan.
Started off with a lump sum then DCA every 2 weeks
Today only at +1.5% , and this includes the dividends. Lets just say there are alot of better places to have placed your money in

gacl212004

Reaction score
Hi guys, just to seek some comments / views from you guys. Appended underneath is the reply from Syfe customer support to my questions. Key concern is the "average price" of all units on hold, which I reckon is the wrong valuation method aginst NAV or portfolio return. Thanks

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Thank you for your patience.

1)From your reply I understand there is NO first-in-first-out principle applicable on units to be transact when I opt for partial withdrawal
Yes that is correct because the units are held together based on the average purchase price.

2)Based on your earlier reply, am I correct to say that the Current Market Value (or NAV) is simply NOT an aggregation of respective unit in its most up-to-date trading price(s). Instead, based on the current most up to date trading price, it is computed as average price of all units held / acquired over time

Allow me to clarify the Current Market Value is based on the most recent price of the units. The Syfe dashboard will reflect the previous day's market closing price of the units invested.

When the withdrawal request is received, it will be:
Current Market Value - Average purchase price
= Returns on the investment that will be included in the withdrawal amount.

We hope this was able to provide more clarity.
If you have further queries, please feel free to contact us through Live Chat from Mondays to Fridays, 9 am to 6 pm or email us at support@syfe.com. For more information, please visit our Help Centre at https://help.syfe.com/hc/en-us.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Syfe Support Team

dappermen

Banned
Reaction score
Tks for sharing! Agreed w them and Understood if not they can never compute and show on the app (esp so when some just luv to dca/Rsp faithfully!)

“Current Market Value is based on the most recent price of the units”

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Syfe dashboard is crappy. Most of the stats are wrongly computed. Eg, amount gain include referral bonus, use time weighted which is not a right my layman perspective.

Last edited:

dappermen

Banned
Reaction score
Indeed the ref bonus thing is a flawed computation but gd thing is i dont have much to ref except 1 only

SBC

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Syfe dashboard is crappy. Most of the stats are wrongly computed. Eg, amount gain include referral bonus, use time weighted which is not a right my layman perspective.
Time-weighted is for the advanced user. Default view should be based on simple return.

dappermen

Banned
Reaction score
Easy to make a 7% gain per year?
No.
Dividend yield is about 4% pa
Returns on share pr? less than 2% - but this is based on the "simple return", u guys pref

Reits movemt is alwys limited esp @ Such times (holding exactly 1 yr since Dec 2020)- if u wanna big Price movmt dont ever invest in all these: like CLr or https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...reits-leaders-etf-stock-code-srt-sru.6632668/

see this- cLr return is abt 1.6% roughly (1yr)
https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/quote/...lIjoiY2hhcnQiLCJwYW5lbE5hbWUiOiJjaGFydCJ9fX19

Last edited:

gacl212004

Reaction score
Hi guys, just to seek some comments / views from you guys. Appended underneath is the reply from Syfe customer support to my questions. Key concern is the "average price" of all units on hold, which I reckon is the wrong valuation method aginst NAV or portfolio return. Thanks

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Thank you for your patience.

1)From your reply I understand there is NO first-in-first-out principle applicable on units to be transact when I opt for partial withdrawal
Yes that is correct because the units are held together based on the average purchase price.

2)Based on your earlier reply, am I correct to say that the Current Market Value (or NAV) is simply NOT an aggregation of respective unit in its most up-to-date trading price(s). Instead, based on the current most up to date trading price, it is computed as average price of all units held / acquired over time

Allow me to clarify the Current Market Value is based on the most recent price of the units. The Syfe dashboard will reflect the previous day's market closing price of the units invested.

When the withdrawal request is received, it will be:
Current Market Value - Average purchase price
= Returns on the investment that will be included in the withdrawal amount.

We hope this was able to provide more clarity.
If you have further queries, please feel free to contact us through Live Chat from Mondays to Fridays, 9 am to 6 pm or email us at support@syfe.com. For more information, please visit our Help Centre at https://help.syfe.com/hc/en-us.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Syfe Support Team

Hi all forum members, personally I think their calculation is wrong. According to them, the porfolio return is based on average price of all units on hold and subtract from current market value. The NAV of my portfolio should be an aggregation of all respective unit held in its most up-to-date trading price(s), not average price. If they are correct, then is it still worth to invest more units when market price flunctuate downward? The difference would then be very very negligble whenever I add fund to acquire more units. Looking forward to any comment. Thanks

direbmem

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all forum members, personally I think their calculation is wrong. According to them, the porfolio return is based on average price of all units on hold and subtract from current market value. The NAV of my portfolio should be an aggregation of all respective unit held in its most up-to-date trading price(s), not average price. If they are correct, then is it still worth to invest more units when market price flunctuate downward? The difference would then be very very negligble whenever I add fund to acquire more units. Looking forward to any comment. Thanks
I think Syfe is correct? Are u talking Abt NAV or return? Return = NAV - average price. Not correct?

Reaction score
thinking of buying more reit because this year was poor and i'm confident next year will finally overcome covid and recover

i already have reit+, but now there's also csop
csop is more expensive, or is there any reason why i should buy csop?

thanks

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.