TFIP IBF Data Analytics

QJPtheSE

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IBF just informed me that HSBC will inform the results only on the morning of next Monday 26 August 2019. So good luck to those waiting for the offer.

Tadahhahaha

Reaction score
Just curious, did anyone apply, received an offer but then reject it. If yes, do you mind sharing why (PM me pls tq)? Also, how will the 19 days of classes and 4 months practicum be spread across during the duration of training..? Anyone who went for the briefing can share what to expect during the briefing and if the T&C's between company are negotiable?

Have you received an offer for DA? No new for me so just wondering...

Happybirthday85

Reaction score
Hi, can I check if there will be a diploma or some sort of certification after the whole program?
Anyway I’ve called IBF up recently and told me that my application is still under evaluation. No interviews and no emails. Not sure why don’t they outright tell me that i wasn’t selected when clearly all the interviews should have been done.

Tadahhahaha

Reaction score
Hi, can I check if there will be a diploma or some sort of certification after the whole program?
Anyway I’ve called IBF up recently and told me that my application is still under evaluation. No interviews and no emails. Not sure why don’t they outright tell me that i wasn’t selected when clearly all the interviews should have been done.

I understand from IBF that the participant will get a Professional Diploma in Data Analytics,awarded by NUS ISS.

In the same boat too... no news yet...

QJPtheSE

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Strange that so many of you received no news from IBF? Contracts has already been signed with the institutes and trainings are scheduled to start in October...

Happybirthday85

Reaction score
Strange that so many of you received no news from IBF? Contracts has already been signed with the institutes and trainings are scheduled to start in October...

What I understand from IBF is that there will be another briefing held for those taking the DA track. However, I assume that it will be for those who have already gone for the interviews, not me though.

tyrtok

Reaction score
I understand from IBF that the participant will get a Professional Diploma in Data Analytics,awarded by NUS ISS.

In the same boat too... no news yet...

do you have the exact name? tried searching around but cant find any listed in NUS ISS

Tadahhahaha

Reaction score
do you have the exact name? tried searching around but cant find any listed in NUS ISS

Oh it's not listed on the website. It's the name provided by IBF. I think basically its certain modules within the NUS ISS EBAC Masters, some of the stackables certificates. You can request informatiom from IBF for this.

Tadahhahaha

Reaction score
No news for me after the telephone interview. Has anyone received news after the telephone interview for DA?

I have been informed to be unsuccessful by email. Good luck and congrats to the successful applicants!

tyrtok

Reaction score
long shot. anyone care to share the course notes? please pm me thanks

Last edited:

sollll

Reaction score
Hey everyone, application for the 2020 batch is open!
Grateful if anyone who is in the 2019 batch can share any tips.

I collated the below points based on what I read:

- technical assessment (maths + stats)
- personality test (depending on the financial institution)
- interview by FI

stats questions from 2019 round below taken by iwanfreedom

Statistics questions such as:
mean, median, mode calculations.
Normal distribution what it is use in most cannot remember the whole question.
Times series cannot remember the whole question.
H0 H1 hypothesis testing. What is the confidence interval cannot remember the whole question ?
Calculate the probability of the the blue ball to pick with 3 red, 2 green, 1 blue. The economy have good times and bad times this cycle is known as ______? In Hong Kong there is a period of flu this is known as _____?
2 questions on the bookshelf problem which give you the maximum weight and a set of data to determine which statement is correct.
Outlier question cannot remember the whole question.
There is also one mean and median question and asked you which statement is correct cannot remember the whole question.
All men are poor all men are rich, which is the correct statement?
All fishes are sliver color, some are heavy, which is the correct statement?
Given a data plot of the exam marks and aptitude score, 2 questions to calculate the exam mark given the aptitude score vice versa.

jeffrey745

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm interested to apply to this pcp..

I read on the main website that this is a 18 months program.

But I found out that the course itself it's actually abt 19days + 4 months of practicum? So wad happens to the 1yr+ left?

Isit a bond to the CO to work for 1yr+?

JudeBox

Reaction score
hi all, anyone received invitation for online assessment? applied for 3 weeks but no response...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.